• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Ogawa-san

The stressful, tingly feeling one gets when closing in on a full combo in this, and similar games (like beatmania IIDX), is one of the reasons I love these games so much.
I feel the effect is reduced in PDf because of the almost arbitrary perfect timing. Getting a long combo with a bunch of "Good" popping in is like the game telling me I'm doing well in a condescending way :p

I can't even tell if it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm positive I'm hearing the note going along with the beat and still sounds like I missed the mark.

Damn I missed the contest. Oh well. I've got 2nd coming hopefully sometime in the next week or two so Ill let you guys know how it is when I get it.

I feel the effect is reduced in PDf because of the almost arbitrary perfect timing. Getting a long combo with a bunch of "Good" popping in is like the game telling me I'm doing well in a condescending way :p

I can't even tell if it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm positive I'm hearing the note going along with the beat and still sounds like I missed the mark.

The game times later than most music games, but I haven't noticed any significant variance in timing window between songs. Sync seems very consistent, actually.

I ended up buying this game on a whim after seeing it was released on the Vita for 30 euros.

Hardly a Miku fan, but I was itching for a rythm game.
Enjoying the game a lot, played 16 hours in around 10 days, and I have only now started aiming for "perfects" (I'm convinced I will never be able to beat most strongs in Extreme though) and I'm still wanting more.

I'm too mistake prone to get "Perfects" regularly, and as soon as I'm nearing the end I get extremely conscious not just of the timing of the song but of my body (itching, fingers touching the palm of my hands and so on) which distracts me from the game greatly.

Amusingly, my first perfect was also Melancholist in Normal while playing with Future Rin. It was a great feeling to finally manage to get a perfect.

It's all a learning curve. Once you get paying the harder levels the older ones become much easier. Once you play extreme long enough even the extreme songs become fairly easy to pass. Getting extreme perfects is a bit rough but I'm up to around 26 and I started just like you. Just keep at it

ZeroX03

Banned
ARGH HOW IS WEEKENDER GIRL SO HARD.

I have Excellent on every song on Hard except for this one. I cannot for the life of me get the timing down, the first technical zone is a bunch of awfuls in a row. It's throwing my game, so frustrating.

antibolo

Banned
ARGH HOW IS WEEKENDER GIRL SO HARD.

I have Excellent on every song on Hard except for this one. I cannot for the life of me get the timing down, the first technical zone is a bunch of awfuls in a row. It's throwing my game, so frustrating.

Oh man me too, I'm having a hard time getting Perfects on this song and I have no idea why, it should be well within my skills. Maybe it's slightly off-beat or something.

Kumubou

From my experience, the timing in Weekender Girl is all kinds of hosed. Reminds me of playing the original Project Diva on PSP. -_- (At least it's not as bad as, say, old Beatmania songs. orz)

pariah164

From my experience, the timing in Weekender Girl is all kinds of hosed. Reminds me of playing the original Project Diva on PSP. -_- (At least it's not as bad as, say, old Beatmania songs. orz)
It is off beat. You just have to listen and compensate. I have a similar issue with Secret Police.

I only had time for a few songs last night, but love it so far. As far as the arcade controller goes, I think the double star notes are registered by a single swipe - so the game does allow for the controller.

BjxMd2ZIQAEnpOZ.jpg

BjxQhefIQAA7QDu.jpg

BjxbrXtIQAA4Y0R.jpg

BjxcQ4SIUAAopMO.jpg

Any sign of an OT for 2nd?

I only had time for a few songs last night, but love it so far. As far as the arcade controller goes, I think the double star notes are registered by a single swipe - so the game does allow for the controller.

Any sign of an OT for 2nd?
I posted about that in the import thread based on the demo, but good to see confirmation it works in the full game.

I think we should probably hold off on an OT until we're closer to the international release.

I posted about that in the import thread based on the demo, but good to see confirmation it works in the full game.

I kinda thought you might have :) I'll admit that I felt a little nervous during the tutorial when the icon appeared for the first time, but when I saw 'COOL' appear after a single swipe of the touchpad, I breathed a sigh of relief!

I think we should probably hold off on an OT until we're closer to the international release.

Makes sense. I'll shuffle off to the import thread for 2nd chatter then :)

rpmurphy

I should have kept up with the release on F2, otherwise I could have already been playing already. :<

Gotta wait until next week.

Reknoc

It's a really great feeling going from being total shite at the game to being mediocre. Which is probably as far as I go lol

MMORPGs addicts anthem them omg, i can't play this game because its hard to see through the rage (of this being the closest PSO2 will ever come to a western release) :mad:((((((((((((((((((

bigkrev

It's a really great feeling going from being total shite at the game to being mediocre. Which is probably as far as I go lol

MMORPGs addicts anthem them omg, i can't play this game because its hard to see through the rage (of this being the closest PSO2 will ever come to a western release) :mad:((((((((((((((((((

I'm going from terrible to just bad, so it's an improvement. After playing on the Vita for a while, I popped the PS3 disc back in, and proceded to feel terrible as the game kicked my ass. Maybe I need to calibrate the TV or something? The tool in the game is useless for this!

And if we want to talk about FEELS, it's all about Remote Control. Seeing that Dreamcast controller with 2 analogue sticks made think "What if the Dreamcast survived?".

And that just leads to me drinking and crying.

Marche90

I wonder if the values of calibration in F 2nd are the same as those in the original F? If so, you might want to download the F 2nd demo, which has an updated calibration tool, and will say how much of an input lag you have after you're done using it.

bigkrev

I wonder if the values of calibration in F 2nd are the same as those in the original F? If so, you might want to download the F 2nd demo, which has an updated calibration tool, and will say how much of an input lag you have after you're done using it.

I'll try that, but i'm pretty sure that baring some sort of sale/combo pack, I'm buying F2 on the Vita instead of PS3.

Scher

That sounds absolutely wonderful. The calibration tool for F was just terrible, since it seemed to just assume everyone can determine the input lag of their television on their own. I pretty much just gave up on that and started plugging my PS3 into an older TV that didn't have input lag.

muteki

That sounds absolutely wonderful. The calibration tool for F was just terrible, since it seemed to just assume everyone can determine the input lag of their television on their own. I pretty much just gave up on that and started plugging my PS3 into an older TV that didn't have input lag.

It was horrid and I never felt I got it right. I think I settled on -25, but running the tool in F2nd gets me -11.

Not having audio lag is way more important than not having video lag. I run analog audio out of the multiport for both my DLP TV and my streaming monitor setup, leaving the calibration at 0 in both cases (even though I know the DLP has slightly more lag than the monitor).

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, if you're having lag issues with rhythm games, check your sound first. Many TVs add stupid amounts of audio lag for no goddamn reason.

All my consoles are connected directly via HDMI to my home theater system which is then connected to my TV by HDMI passthrough. It is absolutely lag-free. One day I tried connecting my PS3 directly to the TV without my home theater in order to test my video capture device, to see if it didn't add any lag. I booted up Project Diva F and tried playing it a bit, and the end result was completely unplayable. Turns out the sound on my TV is super super insanely lagged, I had never tried it because I never actually use the sound on my TV.

Instead of relying on software lag compensation in rhythm games, try fixing the actual source of the lag instead. If your current audio setup lags, you can try some analog PC speakers, as analog is always guaranteed to be lag-free.

When playing rhythm games, audio lag is much worse than video lag, because your brain can compensate for video lag, whereas audio lag is what you should be relying on for timing.

Anne

Been playing F 2nd. Digging the track list, but I hate that a certain song got a certain rechart. I just finished up the last 5 tracks on Extreme with perfects, but
Storyteller
is bodying me T_T I like that the more difficult songs are hard and fun, unlike Sadistic Music Factory from F.

Been playing F 2nd. Digging the track list, but I hate that a certain song got a certain rechart. I just finished up the last 5 tracks on Extreme with perfects, but
Storyteller
is bodying me T_T I like that the more difficult songs are hard and fun, unlike Sadistic Music Factory from F.
We've been discussing F 2nd openly in the thread commonly accepted as the import catch-all, and you should probably not refer to the song by its artists' name ^^;

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm a BIT lttp, but I finally bought this. LOVED it when I imported it, will likely love it more now that I can read things.

Wonko_C

Can people who bought F get a discount on F2nd when it comes out? Eh? EH??

... I can dream ok.

Huh? I could understand asking for PS3/PSVita F 2nd crossbuy but... a discount? I don't think there has ever been a sequel to a game that offered you a discount if you bought the previous one in the series. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kumubou

Huh? I could understand asking for PS3/PSVita F 2nd crossbuy but... a discount? I don't think there has ever been a sequel to a game that offered you a discount if you bought the previous one in the series. Correct me if I'm wrong.
There are some PC releases on Steam that do this (the release of Half-Minute Hero 2 on Steam recently had a baked-in discount for anyone with the first game, for example) but I don't think I've ever seen that with a console game. Closest was the recent PS3->PS4 and X360->XBone upgrade options they had for cross-gen games. It would be cool if the game was cross-buy, but a) what was the last cross-buy retail game? Sly 4? PSABR? and b) I can't see a Japanese company ever signing off on that, out of fear of losing too much sales wise (justified or not). Would be nice to have a bundle pack for the digital version, at least.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Yes, this isn't really standard, and for obvious reasons. :)

Although, if you have save data from F1 when you boot up F 2nd...

ramyeon

Still can't even get a Standard on Negaposi on Hard. It's driving me fucking mad. I can't keep up with the notes and the song is so all over the place that no matter how many times I listen to it I can't match the notes with the rhythm in a lot of places. It's just way too fast, way too much switching of buttons. Even using combo safeguard and other help items I just can't do it.

It's really annoying me because it's the only thing stopping me from unlocking all the modules and I just cannot see myself beating it any time soon.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't even get a Standard on Negaposi on Hard. It's driving me fucking mad. I can't keep up with the notes and the song is so all over the place that no matter how many times I listen to it I can't match the notes with the rhythm in a lot of places. It's just way too fast, way too much switching of buttons. Even using combo safeguard and other help items I just can't do it.

It's really annoying me because it's the only thing stopping me from unlocking all the modules and I just cannot see myself beating it any time soon.

Had the same problem when I played the PS3 version, but I managed to get a Standard eventually thanks to the Combo Safeguard assist item. Ah, I missed that.

I managed to get a Great on Vita after two tries without any help however, didn't have any huge problem with if for some reason. It sort of clicked.

ramyeon

Ahhh I finally managed to do it with the Combo Safeguard, just barely got a Standard. And now I'm never going to play that song on Hard again. Extreme is definitely too much for me, I think I'll stick with Normal and Hard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Decided to sight read that (since I'm still clearing Hard). Managed an Excellent on my run. It's actually a REALLY rhythmic song that feels really solid and plays really well.

Now Sadistic Music Factory? That ending makes NO sense to me. :|

Labrys

No matter how well I do on a song, I always either mess up during the bits where it counts down how many notes left or when I have a high combo. Got super close with Black Rock Shooter today but still messed up and got a close Excellent.

antibolo

Banned
No matter how well I do on a song, I always either mess up during the bits where it counts down how many notes left or when I have a high combo. Got super close with Black Rock Shooter today but still messed up and got a close Excellent.

Dropping a combo only influences your score, not your rating (other than that one note you missed), and only the rating dictates your final verdict.

However dropping a Technical Zone ("where it counts down how many notes left") takes away 3% of your rating, so you really don't want to mess them up.

With that said it's possible to miss one of the two Technical Zones and still pull off an Excellent, if you don't miss too many overall notes, and get both the Chance Time and the other Technical Zone.

ramyeon

Finally getting Excellents on Hard. Feels really good. I remember when I first played Summer Idol on Normal I freaked the fuck out and went promptly back to doing songs on Easy. Now I love playing the song on Hard and can easily get an Excellent on it.

ramyeon

I have to say, my biggest problem still is letting go of long notes early lol. Just finally got an Excellent on Tengaku hard (Yeah I know, you guys are almost all doing Extreme :p) and it was only really difficult cause I kept getting safes on some long notes :/ gotta stop myself from doing that.

ramyeon

I wish you could play specific portions of songs to practice. I always finishing Hachi Hachi Flower Fight with a sliver below Excellent because that second tech spot just does my head in, I can't nail it for the life of me. That and the chance spot where the star appears overlapping other inputs, there's not enough time to do the inputs and move my finger over to swipe but I can't seem to train myself to use my other hand to swipe.

Edit: Managed it finally! And then worked on Nyanyanyanya after that... not an experience I want to repeat any time soon, most annoying song ever. The first tech spot on it kept messing with since the pace changes so often, finally managed it in the end though. Now I've got Excellent on every Hard song besides Sadistic Music Factory and Negaposi.... which I don't really mind leaving alone for now.

Scher

I wish you could play specific portions of songs to practice. I always finishing Hachi Hachi Flower Fight with a sliver below Excellent because that second tech spot just does my head in, I can't nail it for the life of me. That and the chance spot where the star appears overlapping other inputs, there's not enough time to do the inputs and move my finger over to swipe but I can't seem to train myself to use my other hand to swipe.

Edit: Managed it finally! And then worked on Nyanyanyanya after that... not an experience I want to repeat any time soon, most annoying song ever. The first tech spot on it kept messing with since the pace changes so often, finally managed it in the end though. Now I've got Excellent on every Hard song besides Sadistic Music Factory and Negaposi.... which I don't really mind leaving alone for now.

Don't stop until you perfect Sadistic Music Factory and Negaposi. Never stop.

One of the things I really liked about the Guitar Hero games is that they let you practice individual parts of a song. It's one of those things that would be nice to have in all rhythm games. It does kind of suck when there's only one part of the song towards the end that causes problems. It was kind of annoying my first time perfecting Hachi Hachi whatever on extreme because the only part that caused me issues was right at the very end of the chance time. I couldn't seem to recognize what the rhythm of one set of notes was, and I didn't like having to do the entire song just to have a chance to practice that one part.

Top Bottom