• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havok Unearths Wired Halo 3 Goldmine (New SP and MP pics inside)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Havok said:
http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/multimedia/2007/08/ff_halo_ss?slide=1&slideView=10

Old? New? Pics from Wired, including some Guardian, Sandtrap, Gravity Hammer first person action, and Hunters.

H3_MP_Sandtrap.jpg

H3_TheStorm_FP03.jpg

H3_MP_LastResort_FP1.jpg

H3_MP_Guardian_Env4.jpg

H3_MP_Guardian_3P15.jpg

H3_MP_Guardian_3P08.jpg

H3_MP_Epitaph_FP4.jpg

Welcome to Bonertown. Population: You.

Remember how tough it was to kill Hunters in Halo 1 and 2? Not much has changed for H3. They’re still 12 feet tall, still packing deadly Fuel Rod Guns, and still some of the toughest bastards anywhere in the game.

Guardian, a remake of the Halo 2 map, Lockout, contains carefully engineered vantage points, rooms, and weapon placement. The result? A far more balanced playing experience than its predecessor.

What’s the Mosh Pit game type like? It’s exactly like a mosh pit at a concert, only everyone is 7 feet tall and a killing machine armed with weapons from the future.

Nabs

Can you imagine that shit in motion?! Damnit, I need a new hustle to survive this winter.

I just posted this in other thread:

New shots look fucking clean without jaggies. Can those be real?

I'm glad Halo 3 is coming in Sept rather than Nov. Can't wait to finish the fight.

Havok

Looking at the background of the pic with the Hunters and seeing the two Phantoms, the mishmash of Banshees, and the pack of Brutes makes for an awesome feeling.

armubaba

OMFG.

This shit looks amazing. The graphics and lighting are top notch, the feel is EPIC (Halo: CE anybody?) and, most importantly, the gameplay looks like the same visceral action I got a taste of in the Beta.

I've said this oh so many times, and I always mean it: I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT FOR HALO 3.

Cross-posted, yo.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Seven banshees and two Phantoms in the air behind the Hunters. Freakin' awesome.

And I love the Grav Hammer reticle, if that's what that is in the center of the screen.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
cross-post:

I wonder if the anti-aliasing in those pics will be present in the final game because it sure as hell wasn't in the beta.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Cerrius said:
cross-post:

I wonder if the anti-aliasing in those pics will be present in the final game because it sure as hell wasn't in the beta.
We all know it wont. Is this stealth trolling?

traveler

Not Wario
Johnas said:
H3_MP_Guardian_Env4.jpg

Love this one, pretty atmospheric.

I'm guessing this is a multiplayer arena?

Indeed, Guardian is the most promising Halo 3 map I've seen so far. (Except, perhaps, Shrine, simply for its size)

armubaba

Cocopjojo said:
And I love the Grav Hammer reticle, if that's what that is in the center of the screen.

Oh damn, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Looks awesome.

Are those civilian bodies on the left in the Hunters pic?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I haven't really considered till now?

I wonder if you can jack a Banshee and fly around. How will they handle that? I hope it's not like in Halo CE where there's no pilots, so the Banshees aren't flyable. It'd be awesome to trick a Banshee into flying low and jack it to explore the level.

And fly to that bloody radio tower.

Also, I love the way the weapons appear on the players. It still looks so awesome to me. The Grav Hammer looks sweet in the Shrine shot. And the AR looks awesome on the back of that Elite in the Guardian shot.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
armubaba said:
Are those civilian bodies on the left in the Hunters pic?

These little hardhat wearing chums were in the E3 video as well. They may in fact be civilians, but they are armed.

Johnas

traveler said:
Indeed, Guardian is the most promising Halo 3 map I've seen so far. (Except, perhaps, Shrine, simply for its size)

I just realized by looking at the other shots again, and edited my post. Thanks though. ;) It does look awesome.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
cerrius? stealth trolling? God he plays far more Halo than you do most likely :lol

anyways these were all for EGM iirc so they have to be crazy high res

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
deejay8595 said:
This looks underwhelming....

Mehtehheh
your threads are underwhelming.
DopeyFish said:
cerrius? stealth trolling? God he plays far more Halo than you do most likely :lol

anyways these were all for EGM iirc so they have to be crazy high res
I know. He has about 10k games in Halo 2.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Deadly Monk said:
"Mosh Pit"? Sweet, new MP gametype! I think...

They spoke about a King of the Hill Type where you scored points by smiting people in the hill with the Hammer.

LukeSmith

Just to clarify: Guardian is not a remake of Lockout, it's a new map that is definitely influenced in ways by Lockout, but it is a completely new beast altogether to play. It has an incredibly unique "map flow" and the map layout really gives it a tactical ebb and flow, rather than a "hole up and camp" that a map like Lockout really possessed at high levels of play.

Quazar

Havok said:
Looking at the background of the pic with the Hunters and seeing the two Phantoms, the mishmash of Banshees, and the pack of Brutes makes for an awesome feeling.

Yep, that's what got me with these pics.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:
Just to clarify: Guardian is not a remake of Lockout, it's a new map that is definitely influenced in ways by Lockout, but it is a completely new beast altogether to play. It has an incredibly unique "map flow" and the map layout really gives it a tactical ebb and flow, rather than a "hole up and camp" that a map like Lockout really possessed at high levels of play.

Hey, who are we going to believe, Wired or some dude that plays a lot of Madden?

D3MO

Banned
looks good graphically...but compared to other games coming this fall...it just doesn't stand out (...again graphically)

LukeSmith said:
Just to clarify: Guardian is not a remake of Lockout, it's a new map that is definitely influenced in ways by Lockout, but it is a completely new beast altogether to play.
Tell the various gaming publications that, their the ones who keep calling it a remake. :lol

Top Bottom