• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havok Unearths Wired Halo 3 Goldmine (New SP and MP pics inside)

armubaba

LukeSmith said:
Just to clarify: Guardian is not a remake of Lockout, it's a new map that is definitely influenced in ways by Lockout, but it is a completely new beast altogether to play. It has an incredibly unique "map flow" and the map layout really gives it a tactical ebb and flow, rather than a "hole up and camp" that a map like Lockout really possessed at high levels of play.

I KNEW IT!!! BUNGIE R001NED LOCKOUT!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
Awesome find urk, well done. The Guardian images have already conceived my children. God damn it they're hot!

Credit goes to Havok, aka the best fucking poster on GAF today.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
traveler said:
Tonight? Read ypo's post history. He loves Microsoft.
:lol :lol

Seriously, everyone read his post history, it's awesome.

urk said:
Credit goes to Havok, aka the best fucking poster on GAF today.

Amen.

TheWolf

Banned
i thought Hunters sided with the Elites at the end of Halo 2. i know they made the grunts enemies again, but why the Hunters? guess they didn't have enough enemy types...

Dirtbag

Cubsfan23 said:
somebody do the brown gray shading again :lol

1188743011_13719d9754_o.jpg

I prefer the original.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:
For ease of use, could someone just paste it here? I gotta go pick up dinner and drive home.

Lonely drive without Bioshock riding shotgun.

His post history is just a shitload of anti Microsoft stuff. Has a grudge with the 360, Bungie, all that. Loves Sony though, so it's not all negative.

Proelite

traveler said:
Tonight? Read ypo's post history. He loves Microsoft.
:lol :lol :lol
This guy is passionate, I'll give him that!

OT, the face in my avatar has a load of white stuff on it after I saw these pics.

traveler

Not Wario
LukeSmith said:
For ease of use, could someone just paste it here? I gotta go pick up dinner and drive home.

Dinner AND a show!

ypo said:
13 GB on the X360 hard drive, 7 GB on the disc...still smaller than a single layer Blu-ray disc. Heh..

ypo said:
I know, those lag filled games are so much fun.

ypo said:
It's incredible that some xbots continue to trumpet cross game instant messaging as some kind of top priority in online gaming while other people talk about lagfree gaming when talking about paying $50 yr/$250 for 5 yrs., eventhough that feature is completely free to non-paying Xbox Live users. :lol The most important thing in online gamings is getting littlest lag possible but they like to ignore that and keep on talking about instant messaging. It's telling that they never claim Live games have less lags than PSN games. "Oh my gawd not every PS3 uses dedicated server, Live is better cuz it's uniformly P2P xross all games!!!@"

It's incredible how much denial some of you are under. You are paying for P2P gaming on Live, nothing more. You are not paying for cross-game chatting or custom soundtrack or whatever other bs you come up with. Every single one of those are free to those who are not stupid enough to pay for P2P gamnig.

ypo said:
In NG you can pretty much beat the entire game with the Flying Swallow and the enemy drop from the air move. Big deal.

ypo said:
:lol Man do all higher ups at MS post on forums and cry like little bitches?

ypo said:
Did Bungie forget to test the game on the retail machine again just like they did with Halo 2?

:lol yea right.

ypo said:
"The comparison to the PS3 is somewhat valid except that PSN so far sucks compared to XBL."

Please do tell us which part of the paying service is better than what PSN has to offer so far. Please don't say instant messanger. :lol

ypo said:
looks like the dumb xbot's getting pissed because of negative X360 news. No one but MS's fault that the news of their crappy console coming out left and right so stop crying and posting in this thread of wasted bandwidth please.

Considered I pretty much never create topics so people like me would be an non-issue. So please relax and ease off on the name calling.

Referring to Halo 3:
ypo said:
Those screens are very underwhelming. The geometry level needs to be upped about 10x. Even with these tiny screens you can see blurry textures everywhere.

ypo said:
Hey hey if they had more time PGR3 would've been 60 fps.

Yea.....:lol

ypo said:
786_0003.jpg

WOW! everything on the guy's armor is made out of flat textures.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I gotcha Traveler:

ypo said:
Yea I know rite? I mean look at all those incredible X360 first-gen efforts.

ypo said:
If all it takes is simple to develop for then why were a lot of first-gen X360 games crappy looking?

ypo said:
The magical superior code that gives X360 games chuck full of lags. You are talking about that netcode right?

And those are all on the first page of his post history search.

ElRenoRaven

Oh it took this thread to bring me out of lurking. 2 years and this one did it.

Let me just say that picture of the Hunters is amazing. That is just simply awesome. BTW that wired Article was damn good. Got mine today.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
urk said:
Lonely drive without Bioshock riding shotgun.

His post history is just a shitload of anti Microsoft stuff. Has a grudge with the 360, Bungie, all that. Loves Sony though, so it's not all negative.
Well I don't mind people coming here and posting their opinion that might not be the same as most people on this thread. but if your post is a one liner like "meh.." and "low res texture.." or some other cliché, it’s obvious you’re just here to stir shit.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Gadfly said:
Well I don't mind people coming here and posting their opinion that might not be the same as most people on this thread. but if your post is a one liner like "meh.." and "low res texture.." or some other cliché, it’s obvious you’re just here to stir shit.

Well, let's stop feeding that troll then, eh? How 'bout those screens. Guardian looks sweet. Hammer (splort). And that Elite model looks phucking fenomenal.

Proelite

Gadfly said:

Seriously, of all things to complain about, it was suicide for him to complain about "low res textures". The irony! :lol

Odjn

Every pic I see of this game brings bungie closer and closer to redemption in my eyes.:D

It just looks so...so clean.

traveler

Not Wario
This is kinda unrelated to these shots, but I just remembered it- do we know what perspective the flamethrower is held from? Is it a turret style weapon or is carried about normally?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
traveler said:
This is kinda unrelated to these shots, but I just remembered it- do we know what perspective the flamethrower is held from? Is it a turret style weapon or is carried about normally?

Support weapon. Third person.

Proelite

traveler said:

Third person view.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Mosh Pit?

Holy fuck that game type will be chock full of fuckin hilarity!

Man, this will be the longest one month wait I've felt for quite some time.:lol

Sai

The screenshot with the Hunters looks incredible. Are we going to frequently see dropships, cruisers and the like flying off in the background throughout that level?

GavinGT said:
Anyone else notice the revamped health bar? Now it's curvy!
That's what it looks like for the Elites.

Blueblur1

Cocopjojo said:
You know what I haven't really considered till now?

I wonder if you can jack a Banshee and fly around. How will they handle that? I hope it's not like in Halo CE where there's no pilots, so the Banshees aren't flyable. It'd be awesome to trick a Banshee into flying low and jack it to explore the level.
They have Elites piloting them. And if you're quick enough right after the "If I Had a Super Weapon..." checkpoint, you can kill an Elite before he boards his Banshee and take it for yourself to reach the entrance of the control room (thus saving yourself 20 minutes).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Halo has always been a very clean game. It doesn't need to be 'gritty' to look appealing. Everything looks fine thus far. I'm very interested in what kind of variables they are going to throw at us. I want to see things like how Fight Club was in Halo 2, but on a larger scale. Scarabs optional.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Blueblur1 said:
They have Elites piloting them. And if you're quick enough right after the "If I Had a Super Weapon..." checkpoint, you can kill an Elite before he boards his Banshee and take it for yourself to reach the entrance of the control room (thus saving yourself 20 minutes).
Not in the level "Halo," and in the Maw. I should have clarified that that's what I was referring to.

Top Bottom