• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Health care" bill withdrawn due to lack of votes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh huh. Predictable.

This is like the stupidest line of thought. They can't get their shit together when they have all three branches and somehow Democrats are gonna pay the price?

jewzbxJ.gif

Armaros

Trump has already said he's not going to pursue another healthcare bill. If they try again they need to make a bill that pleases the Ryanists, freedom caucus, and the moderates, which is basically impossible. If they couldn't do it now there's really no way they can do it later.

Trying it again just means they will have to either do it under reconciliation again, which had a limited window and that means delaying everything else.

Or letting it be subject to Democrat filibusters.

Fox News Shepard:

• Bill is dead
  • Will not come up again
  • They must fix ACA or else healthcare will collapse under their watch and will impact their district voters

Maggie Haberman‏ @maggieNYT
TRUMP tells me in interview this is now the Democrats' fault, and that he anticipates that when Obama "explodes" they will be ready to deal

Is Trump going to blow up Obama?

Just remeber they control all branches of government.

This party is a dumpster fire

Oh I know. That's what makes it even funnier. A full party can't even get one thing passed. This is some monkey's paw wish level of mess ups
"I wish to be president with my party controlling the government"
"Ok, but your party will fight each other, wont get anything past and you will be the worst president ever. Also you look like a rotten pumpkin"

Empty

2076. most of florida is underwater. nearly all jobs done by robots. republicans promise if you vote for them this november they'll repeal obamacare.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People celebrating this don't seem to care that it was pulled because it was still too much healthcare.

That doesn't seem like good news.

It was also pulled because it was too little healthcare. The Republican Party is pulling at this bill from both ends. That's why they can't reach a deal. If the only thing needed to get the votes was to bow to the freedom caucus they would have done it.

Iolo

Trump isn't going to work with dems. He's just talking like he always does. He's not coming back to healthcare. Probably never

Jake: Oh, please, don't kill us! Please, please don't kill us! You know I love you baby. I wouldn't leave ya. It wasn't my fault!

Mystery Woman: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

Jake: No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

DJ Gunner

I realize the joy in pinning this on Trump, but who honestly did not see this coming years ago? The GOP is 100% incapable of coming up with a healthcare plan that will preserve their majority in congress- this is why there's never been an alternative proposed that's gained any sort of traction. I remember thinking back in 2014 that maybe we SHOULD hope for a repub presidency win, just to be able to shine the light on the morally bankrupt positions the GOP hold. And now, barely two months in to the new administration, that is exactly what's happening.

Trump is a laughingstock- but no Republican Presidential candidate ever would have been able to get that piece of shit passed.

Oni Jazar

news said Trump blames it on Dems and once it blows up in their face they will work to change Obamacare.

edit: damn i didn't see the picture above I have images off lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
As far as I can tell it was a combination of the AHCA not being extreme (conservative) enough or moderate enough. It wasn't that most thought (or cared) that the existing ACA was better for America.

geomon

By the way, thank you to everyone who showed up at townhalls and town meetings and who called their representatives during the recess. You called those sons of bitches out.

CHC

So it seems like if you don't count his various diplomatic bunglings and the travel ban fiasco, this is the first true, absolute, un-spinnable failure of his presidency. Like, even the comments on Breitbart are saying "WTF was Trump thinking backing this thing?"

I mean this is just a true, bonafide failure.

Steejee

"It's the Democrats' fault we couldn't pass this even with control of the House, Senate, a SCOTUS Seat and the Executive!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom