• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Health care" bill withdrawn due to lack of votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
I4mFvTK.jpg

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

dopplr

so, what future implications will this loss mean?

Seems they realized how monumental of a task it was to pass it the first time around and now they want to ignore it until it becomes an issue, then frame it as it being the democrats fault for it failing.

I love how Obamacare survived a conservative leaning Supreme Court, and now survived a far right controlled federal government

Obama is untouchable, even after he leaves office.

CHC

lol @ the livestream

"And here we are, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan..... coming soon! Thought that was him...."

jelly

Has all this hoopla also cemented that Obamacare is the ACA which many people didn't realise. That's quite amusing.

Lorcain

This was a terrible showing for the republicans and Trump. Unified congress and president and they couldn't do it. It's a major fail for their party.

Wow, they just interrupted all the network programming for this.

I was watching Judge Judy. And they never interrupt Judge Judy.

Good. The more eyes on this, the better.

Hoo-doo

Banned
What kind of douche canoe is sitting in the front row of a press conference with a huge texan-style cowboy hat.

The fuck is wrong with y'all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can someone explain to me how this didn't pass when it was such a smaller bill compared to ACA? I mean, it was SO SMALL!

This was a terrible showing for the republicans and Trump. Unified congress and president and they couldn't do it. It's a major fail for their party.

Hell, they couldn't get past the House. It never even got to the Senate. It's extraordinarily embarrassing. This is like two tiny thumbs down type of performance.

IrishNinja

Introduce Travel ban ✔
Get rid of ObamaCare ✔
Build a fucken wall
MAGA

oh god we're onto the wall soon after the budget fuckery fails too aren't we
here's to jobs in 2020 to tear that waste of funds down

Breitbart right now.

goddamn they hate him, bannon still calling shots

When Trump won, I was sure that we had lost the ACA.

i think a lot of us were, but we should really count on GOP incompetence more

Boke1879

Breitbart describing this as "humiliating" for Trump is surprising to me.

It is though. You control all three branches of government. You have all the votes needed to pass this. It was a big part of Trumps campaign and all of the GOP yet they can't even get this thing to a vote?

BiggNife

What he say's means nothing, and I thoroughly expect the spineless turds to cave eventually.
This is all the worst case as seen from my pessimistic mind obviously.
Okay, fine. Doesn't negate the rest of what I said.

The GOP cannot make a healthcare bill that pleases every part of the party. It just isn't possible, and it's a big reason why the AHCA failed. I don't see how they could make a second bill that somehow pleases everyone.

Nerokis

No
They are doing everything that got them into power

What, trying to govern and failing miserably?

Nah, I don't think that's what got them into power. This is their first legitimate attempt at governance in a decade, and it isn't going well for them so far.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
There is something extremely ironic that under Obama the Republicans voted to repeal Obamacare 60 some odd times, because they knew they would lose. Now that they actually have the power to do it, they are too chickenshit to actually vote.

The Democratic leadership need to take this pile of crap and keep rubbing the Republican's faces in it like you would a dog that shit on your floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom