• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peléo

Interesting how it actually freezes an enemy, not only minions. Might make a difference against Rogue or Druid, forcing them to trade.

Ladekabel

Caved in and crafted Patches but will not play Pirate Warrior (Pirate Dragon Murloc Warrior instead :p). Hope it gets nerfed soon so I can get my dust back but I want to be ready to play Rogue again and I'm looking into crfating Edwin and Leeroy to improve my classic legendary collection with the dust I get for Sylvanas and Rag... if there won't be a cool Priest, Druid or Warrior legendary and how the meta will look a week or two later.

Crosseyes

Banned
So I remember there being a lot of clarification before but to bring it up again...

Is it worth it to craft golds of the hall of fame cards if you can to get extra dust? I'm the type of guy who instantly disenchants every gold they get for the dust so playing with my 2 normals is what I'll do regardless.

I assume it would be like:

Craft 2 gold azure drakes -800 dust

Rotation to hall of fame +800 dust (?)

Disenchant gold azure drakes +200 dust

Is that how it would work?

So I remember there being a lot of clarification before but to bring it up again...

Is it worth it to craft golds of the hall of fame cards if you can to get extra dust? I'm the type of guy who instantly disenchants every gold they get for the dust so playing with my 2 normals is what I'll do regardless.

Disenchant gold azure drakes +200 dust as you lose that refund.

-200 dust +40 dust if you have regular Azure drakes.

wiibomb

which is exactly the same as just leaving the normal azure drakes get you the 200 dust

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

If you don't have the cards already then craft the rotating cards as golden assuming you can afford the dust. If you DO already have them, I think it becomes more of a personal choice. Since you'll be getting free dust already I don't think you gain much by investing in the golden version of a card you already have. Unless you just want to have the gold version for Wild later on.

bunbun777

One thing I'm not getting or haven't confirmed yet: I have the gold versions already of all the hall of fame cards, so I'm getting the dust, ok. But since I don't keep regular versions does it make sense to craft them, get the dust for those (would I get the dust?) Then disenchant them for a profit of the disenchant value? Like with sylvannas, I would net 400 dust?

Also you can have 2 gold versions and two regular versions of a legendary, is it smart to craft a second golden sylvannas to net 1600 dust? Is it going to work like that?

Basically if I have 2 versions of each legendary, will I receive 9600 dust for all 4 cards?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I'm not getting or haven't confirmed yet: I have the gold versions already of all the hall of fame cards, so I'm getting the dust, ok. But since I don't keep regular versions does it make sense to craft them, get the dust for those (would I get the dust?) Then disenchant them for a profit of the disenchant value? Like with sylvannas, I would net 400 dust?

Also you can have 2 gold versions and two regular versions of a legendary, is it smart to craft a second golden sylvannas to net 1600 dust? Is it going to work like that?

Basically if I have 2 versions of each legendary, will I receive 9600 dust for all 4 cards?

You only get dust for 1 version of a card. Either golden or not. So if you already have the Goldens, you are done. Nothing to do. Crafting the regulars will get you nothing and creating a second golden will also not help unless it is a non legendary like azure Drake.

bunbun777

Ok thanks for clarifying, was ready to take advantage of the system but sounds like that's not happening, which is fair. I'm just glad to be getting anything so I can make new cards.

squidyj

If you don't have the cards already you get the best profit off of crafting the golden versions
If you have the nongold cards you get no additional dust from crafting goldens.
I crafted a bunch of goldens early on, It was an opportunity to play with gold cards for a while for no cost. golden rag golden sylv, nice gold rental

:p

the exception to this is commons where you can pick up 10 dust per card
basically you just need to look at the difference between golden disenchant value vs normal crafting cost.

Dahbomb

Hammer of Twilight doing work in this Aggro Shaman deck.

Just when you think Shaman loses some good cards they just reach into their stockpile and get more out. And Shaman still has more good cards behind these cards they just use their best ones when available.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the deal with the tournament and getting card packs? Does the person need to WIN the group or just advance for us to get the card? I don't remember how it works and can't check here at work (on NeoGAF).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Haven't played wild much the last couple months, is it an actual deck? Isn't there enough burn already for shaman across all sets? The drawback doesn't matter if discounted by emperor so I can see the reason but the discovered spell is full price again.

The main function of spawning malygos in wild is either Barnes or ancestors call so you have a bit more mana to work with than standard.

Dart

So I've been thinking with how the game is set up would it even be possible to print a card with something like Deathrattle: Discover "x" ?

hearthstone needs some anti-battlecry cards, it's ridiculous how many ways you can disrupt a deathrattle but battlecries are practically immune to most of the classes in the game.

Dahbomb

So I've been thinking with how the game is set up would it even be possible to print a card with something like Deathrattle: Discover "x" ?
That's hard to do because DR can trigger on the opponent's turn. Maybe they can do something like the Discover effect being delayed to the player's turn so that it doesn't disrupt the opponent's turn.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That's hard to do because DR can trigger on the opponent's turn. Maybe they can do something like the Discover effect being delayed to the player's turn so that it doesn't disrupt the opponent's turn.

Or make it a zero mana spell, which of course has other implications.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You could do something like "Deathrattle: Discover X at the start of your next turn"

V-Faction

They have Silence for Buffs/Special Effects and the untargetable condition for Hero Power/Spells, so maybe a new Keyword that simply reads as: "All Battlecry effects are negated." Not (Increased Cost), not (Ignored), not (Unplayable) but actually negated. There are soooo many Battlecries in HS that it's actually rather shocking to not see more than a smattering of counter cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
nuuuuuuu

First Thijs, now Dr. J.

I will never get more than one pack.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom