• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 5 viral marketing hints at E3 reveal [Hitman: Absolution]

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
derFeef said:
You guys really missed the shots one of the IO guys posted from the engine/game "they have not yet annouced"? Wow :)
edit: this one: http://twitter.com/#!/ToreBlystad

Could you upload the shots somewhere else please ? I can't view them from here.
Also if Hitman: Absolution does turn out to be the final title i would be a little worried, they already did a redemption arc in silent assassin in which 47 decided to keep being a Hitman. 47 is a bad dude who would kill anyone for money, that's the point.

ArjanN

Gexecuter said:
Could you upload the shots somewhere else please ? I can't view them from here.
Also if Hitman: Absolution does turn out to be the final title i would be a little worried, they already did a redemption arc in silent assassin in which 47 decided to keep being a Hitman. 47 is a bad dude who would kill anyone for money, that's the point.

Is it? I think there's some ambiguity there. I think it's more that being a hitman is all he knows. It's what he was created for.

And pretty much all the people he kills are really, really evil or trying to kill him. The main targets anyway, which I consider the only canonical kills.

I think Blood Money put character development and the plot itself on the sidelines in order to make the best possible Hitman game, with regards to the missions. The plot essentially ran on side of the missions itself, with them often only being vagely connected.

Any new Hitman game is going to have to walk a fine line between advancing the plot and character development, but not to the extent of getting in the way of level design and creativity of the missions.

derFeef said:
You guys really missed the shots one of the IO guys posted from the engine/game "they have not yet annouced"? Wow :)
edit: this one: http://twitter.com/#!/ToreBlystad

These?

d916b2ef123d46318977c9aec9df2531_7.jpg

ceef798fba354c22bcb3f598f8ac48f2_7.jpg

0a544f2347314ac4af872e46774fccdc_7.jpg

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder where those two pictures are set? Looks interesting on the "accidents" that could happen to the target(s)"

Sotha Sil

YES.

Replayed Blood Money a couple of days ago; it holds up remarkably well. The New Orleans level is as glorious as ever.

I am ready.

MANGOD

Banned
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Can't wait for a true next gen Hitman

-BLITZ-

If the girl's face is a in-game render so perfectly shaped made and not a cutscence movie, then this new game will really be a imense improvement in graphics compare with Blood Money. Hope, hope, hope to be a game screenshot about her picture. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Anastacio said:
Hitman posters have been seen here in Copenhagen as well.

Can you take a picture? Or describe whats on this posters?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
-BLITZ- said:
If the girl's face is a in-game render so perfectly shaped made and not a cutscence movie, then this new game will really be a imense improvement in graphics compare with Blood Money. Hope, hope, hope to be a game screenshot about her picture. :)

K&L2 was a pretty good looking game in parts so I have high hopes for this new Hitman

but then again this game isn't about pushing the most polygons so it doesn't matter to me.

derFeef

Some more from http://twitter.com/#!/ToreBlystad

"Quick Kills" - lots of them.
ed6fa2eda7544ea2b935c14a665202a3_7.jpg

ingame poster
82a620e2b22343d4a2b51dd3f1273d71_7.jpg

model detail, but not ingame.
7cbe2e35ca7b46c1821b239b2b077c9d_7.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
derFeef said:
That concept art is prob. not related to Hitman, but one of their artists did it.

Hm... Here is a concept art collection from Blood Money.

N4CUu.jpg

Pachimari

Sn4ke_911 said:
Can you take a picture? Or describe whats on this posters?
It's one of the danish websites who noticed it, at the Tivoli rollercoasterpark. It was just Mr. 47 on the poster, nothing else.

Lime

Anastacio said:
Hitman posters have been seen here in Copenhagen as well.

Ehm, surely you don't mean public posters? If so, I'll have whatever you're smoking or drinking, because that's bullshit.

Pachimari

Lime said:
Ehm, surely you don't mean public posters? If so, I'll have whatever you're smoking or drinking, because that's bullshit.
I haven't seen any myself, but a journalist from one of the danish websites blogged about having seen a Hitman poster outside Tivoli recently, probably has nothing to do with the upcoming announcement anyway.

ciED8.jpg

-BLITZ-

D4Danger said:
K&L2 was a pretty good looking game in parts so I have high hopes for this new Hitman

but then again this game isn't about pushing the most polygons so it doesn't matter to me.

Oh, yes indeed. They don't need to push the game high in the sky, because of the gameplay & characters that made to be what is Hitman today ( all 4 games ). Yet, after so much time, we need to see some differences or at least some quality improvement for a 2011-2012 year. Shaping the game atmosphere and aspect at least how K&L2 looks, is enough for me too. Hope they will not base more on graphic and less on story, gameplay and ambience. But from the way things are now, I'm sure they going in the right direction as how the fans ( like me ) are waiting from some very good long years.

I didn't tought, that I gona reach finally after so much time, to see the day of Hitman 5.

Lime

Anastacio said:
I haven't seen any myself, but a journalist from one of the danish websites blogged about having seen a Hitman poster outside Tivoli recently, probably has nothing to do with the upcoming announcement anyway.

Arh, okay. Thought you meant there were posters all over Copenhagen.

-BLITZ-

Nop, that one is fake. Is been taken from one of Blood Money arts. Another reason is why Square Enix should use 6-7 years old posters for the 5th game announcement just to show some kind of open coming soon teaser poster.

Woffls

Get ready for incoming shrapnel.
I feel like I've heard this somewhere before :s not just random Call of Duty banter, either.

So excited :D I really hope it's released this year.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Interfectum said:
again, my body is ready.

If there's something to enjoy on the 13th of May (3 days after my birthday, woot!) then this is going to be awesome.

Lime

By the way, here in Denmark much of the esoteric game dev communities have talked about topics in relation to Hitman: Absolution. So if there's still anyone in doubt that there will be another Hitman, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Top Bottom