• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Above Zero Photo Contest of Dawn

This is my favorite that I've taken, so this will be my official one::

ESiPDlO.png

Sethista

I changed my official entry, and I suspect this will happen until the end, not only to me, so I recommend OP you do a final sweep to get the official ones in before judging.

FyodorMalikov

Neo Member
Official Entry

Code:
[IMG]https://gifyu.com/images/HorizonZeroDawn_20170326004319.png[/IMG]

Optional 1

Code:
[IMG]https://gifyu.com/images/HorizonZeroDawn_20170318115207.png[/IMG]

Optional 2

Code:
[IMG]https://gifyu.com/images/HorizonZeroDawn_20170318120325.png[/IMG]

Updated for the penultimate time, 1 more day to go. when time expires i'll check for edits that happen BEFORE the cut off time, do one more sweep to make sure i got the right images

The plan is to have winners decided and PM'd by Saturday night, give like 48 hours to respond to PM. If someone doesn't respond by Monday night i'll pick a new winner for however many don't respond.

Since the prize pool is different this time i have to wait til everyone responds before posting who got what place (unless 1st place responds then i post that, then 2nd place responds etc etc)

post after Melchiah were past deadline

about 98 official entries, you don't know how hard it was to not comment on anything before hand, gonna try and do 4 rounds of cuts til i get the final six

Blam

post after Melchiah were past deadline

about 98 official entries, you don't know how hard it was to not comment on anything before hand, gonna try and do 4 rounds of cuts til i get the final six

Oh shit you're right I forgot the timezone conversion.

This is way harder than I thought
First rounds of cuts got it from 98 to 55 entries
2nd round got it down to 38
3rd round got it to 19
Gonna have to do some asking people in real life maybe to help me get it down to 6 if all else fails

I got the finalist down to 7 so just going to add another $10 US PSN code. Will say who won what after waiting for 1st place to respond than going to PM 2nd place wait til respond, etc etc

bosseye

Interesting choice for first place! A nice shot, but not one I would have chosen for the top spot.

Well done though, there have been some incredible shots in this thread, lots of enjoyment to be had.

dr guildo

1st Place
and one of the $10 PSN codes was choice as the prize
now if Amazon quits having the code on Pending i would send it out to him

I suggested Bombstrike to select that shot for the contest, and told him that he could win. I was right... Congrats to him !

PM is out to lucky 2nd place, and waiting for them to choose which of the remaining they want

Interesting choice for first place! A nice shot, but not one I would have chosen for the top spot.

Well done though, there have been some incredible shots in this thread, lots of enjoyment to be had.

i hate those things (i died far too many times to them)! and to get em to line up like that was just great

Want to congratulate all the winning submissions (current and soon to be) and also give a shout out to everyone who participated, and Viktor for hosting this. Always a pleasure to partake in artistic contests :D

I wasn't expecting 1st place tbh but I won't complain :D
Congrats to the other winners!

Taking screenshots in this game is a lot of fun, though I wish there was less areas with locked camera/time of day.

i hate those things (i died far too many times to them)! and to get em to line up like that was just great

I tried to take a lot of screenshots of fighting robots but most of the time they just don't behave like you expect, deciding to focus you or just running too far to take good screens, I was glad when I got this one :)

I still wish the camera would allow you to move further kinda like when using Ansel in Ghost Recon where you can move a good 50m with the camera before it locks you.

ok back to PM the next winner, i stupidly didn't drop the txt file i had of the list of winners and what they choose in my google drive so i could finish it off at work

Melchiah

Good choices. I'm glad, that the spoiler image didn't get picked. After all, there's a plenty of opportunities to get a great shot in the game, without revealing certain scenes.

red731

Good choices. I'm glad, that the spoiler image didn't get picked. After all, there's a plenty of opportunities to get a great shot in the game, without revealing certain scenes.

I don't know what image you have specifically on mind, but you are totally correct on the other part.

I can spend minutes, up to tens of minutes in one "photo mode activated area" and anywhere you look, there is something.

Lets play with FOV, lets play with DOF, lets play with colors, borders, tilt the image, change the perspective.

I love these options. Combine that with some chillax music and it is magical.

goonergaz

Congrats to the winners, gutted not to get chosen but I can see the standard was really high and that Prototype Viktor had a really tough job - I thought I had a hard time cutting my 50ish pictures down to 3 (and then 1!)

Melchiah

I don't know what image you have specifically on mind, but you are totally correct on the other part.

I can spend minutes, up to tens of minutes in one "photo mode activated area" and anywhere you look, there is something.

Lets play with FOV, lets play with DOF, lets play with colors, borders, tilt the image, change the perspective.

I love these options. Combine that with some chillax music and it is magical.

It's the same for me. I often take several versions of the same shot with different settings, and those that reveal too much, from locations for example, I just keep to myself.

Wozman23

Weird choices.

That's art! Subjective enough to value the Mona Lisa, pictures of flowers that look like vaginas, and splatter paintings made by elephants.

I'd have had drastically different choices, though I do like the Snapmaws and lily pads.

Congrats to everyone!

Top Bottom