• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Above Zero Photo Contest of Dawn

Ran rp

It'd be nice to hear how you judged the entries and decided on the winners. You kind of just dumped them into the thread :p

Just wanted to highlight a few of my favourites from the thread (out of all images posted, not just official entries) all for funzies. Really surprised how diverse this game can look. No prizes obviously.

gsJBMZ2.jpg

Oh dat framing! Look at those trees neatly wrapping around Aloy and her robo-stag. Loverly colours too, definitely a good choice to go with night time rather than daylight, it's all about those sleepy blues and shimmering stars. Disney-tastic!

I didn't think night time shots looked too good in Horizon but those cheeky yellow faces made this stand out. The symmetry created by putting the camera directly behind Aloy's head makes the photo come together in my opinion.

This is just cinematic as hell. Aloy and her bird slave scouting out the battlefield. I like photos where people try to create a little narrative moment or emotional beat. This feels like a shot from a cutscene I accidentally skipped whist wiping drool off my controller (happened once).

Hmmmm look at those painterly browns. I can almost taste the air in this one, and it tastes of browns! From a distance this looks like concept art.

This last one might be my no. 1 pick, the balance of the framing, the red streak of light cutting across the top, the mist, Aloy leaning in with her spear, just a great moody photo and way more dark sci-fi than I thought this game could look. Also check that mad risky right-leaning tilt! You crazy fool!

All good stuff from everyone. Go buy yourselves a $10 PSN card, you deserve it!

PSY・S;233401800 said:
It'd be nice to hear how you judged the entries and decided on the winners. You kind of just dumped them into the thread :p
I didn't really look at most of the pics during the time limit, just put em on the list.
Did multiple cuts went from 98 to 56 to 19 to 11 to the 7
Looked for interesting, cool looking, displays what the game can produce. And the 7th pic was demanded by a few people I know who I showed the list of the 56ish of the cut.

Top Bottom