• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindsale

Is anyone else experiencing motion sickness from this game? I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, very rarely feel motion sick from games, but I felt so nauseated earlier that I vomited.

It might be sickness sickness, but I otherwise feel fine.

Game is so good. Can't wait til summer my goodness. After persona I wouldn't even be mad if no other game releases for the rest of the year. Still have to play or currently going through GR2, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Horizon, Nier, Zelda, Persona. Freaking amazing, and all of them except zelda of course are PS4 games

Ammogeddon

Damn, you can't remove or edit mods to weapons until you unlock a skill which is really far down the skill tree. I'd hold off using any mods early on.

Bugger :(.......I just modded my bow too, never mind.

Enjoying the hell out of this game. Love robot dinosaur hunting. The stealth and bow-play is so satisfying.

Found this out the hard way[/QUOTE]
i mean, you get more powerful mods as you level up via drops. I'm not super worried about wasting a +8 mod early on here.

i don't quite understand how damage works. also does the preorder bow suck or is it just me

Gudji

Really? I'm in UK and could have sworn the unlock time was midnight. I'll be back home in 5 so I need to double check that. Would be pretty ideal of its going live an hour early.

I think UK gets it earlier one hour? I might be wrong though. I'm from Portugal btw.

EDIT: err, I guess we both get it at the same time. Got confused by timezones sorry.

Fuck! I got a message from Amazon saying my CE has been delivered but it's not here yet. wth is happening? Now i can't even check my orders on amazon. I keep getting an error message.

Gorillaz

I'm still in the first 30 but the sound design is top notch.

Like it was good in the killzone series as well but damn does GG get the technical aspects of their games

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I am sure Kojima Productions already customized the engine to their needs adding their experience with Fox Engine like what they said before. The hair tech is already theirs and looks better than in Horizon.

Kojima Productions and Guerrilla Games are co-developing the Decima engine so whatever improvements and updates are made are shared between the two teams.

So Im still pretty early in the game but I just fought the demon or whatever and it was wrecking me so hard. It was just way to fast to shoot arrows at its weak points

Then I remembered that I bought the ropecaster and boy oh boy, I think it's my new best friend

Had time to play this after all. Played the intro/tutorial, liking it so far. I am sort of worried about the gameplay if it is what I am afraid it to be and it took a while to get accustomed to the voice acting, but everything seems solid. Can't wait to play more.

Maybe something with Amazon S3 Cloud services being down.

Cloudfront was down, but I don't think my PS4 would try to download something from the other side of the world. PSN is always dirt slow for me regardless, Finland must be serviced from some really terrible CDN.

WadeitOut

10 hours in I like the game but the talk of the world itself seems a bit overrated to me. I just get too strong of a Far Cry primal/Rise of the Tomb Raider vibe from it for it to feel special to me.

I can't lie - I don't like playing it so much because it makes my PS4 Pro so hot and loud. This is the first game to really push the console this far.

dealer-

Bugger :(.......I just modded my bow too, never mind.

Enjoying the hell out of this game. Love robot dinosaur hunting. The stealth and bow-play is so satisfying.

Don't worry, it's not as bad as I thought. You can actually replace the mods with new ones but you just lose the current one in the process.

Edit: Yeah it's still annoying if you want to juggle the mods around with different weapons. No idea why they locked that away.

pixelbox

The whole
no mother
thing is a bit tough for me. Insulting someone for that is so harsh, i'm really intrigued to see why its so bad, and where the story goes.

Happened to me, when
I lost my mom at the age of 4
. Classmates in 1st grade told me
at least they had a mom...

it reminds me of what i think Zelda is gonna be like.. if that makes sense

my pro is no louder than playing any AAA game. mucho quieter than my ps4 was.

reKon

Banned
10 hours in I like the game but the talk of the world itself seems a bit overrated to me. I just get too strong of a Far Cry primal/Rise of the Tomb Raider vibe from it for it to feel special to me.

I haven't played either so I might enjoy a lot of this more.

In those games can you make use of traps like trip wires and can you engage AI in a way so that they battle either other? Are there a bunch of mini boss type enemies? In Tomb Raider did dodging and evading improve over the first one? These are the initial things that I saw from Horizon that seemed favorable to me. I can't wait to play later today.

Ardenyal

Got to the "second" large area in the game and hooooly fuck the variety and polish in the landscape is amazing.

Most open world games make do with as much variety as the first area in horizon has. GG really have outdone themselves on the world design.

Krakin

The story got me so pumped that I died three times in the
proving
because I wanted Aloy to be the winner so bad lol

dealer-

The story got me so pumped that I died three times in the
proving
because I wanted Aloy to be the winner so bad lol

Lol I died about ten times
during the final stage
. No idea what happened there. I spent all my resources on the Silent Hunter outfit instead of weapons. Bad idea!

Mine just froze in the first cutscene.... running on the pro btw

Not discounting it at all, but just ought I would say something

Interesting, same thing happened here. I had to do a hard reset of the console after that. I've restarted the game and got past the section where it froze now.

Styles

Gosh, I've never been this cautious traversing through the open world in a game before. Robo encounters are almost always an intense struggle on Very Hard for me, and I love it!

Krakin

Lol I died about ten times
during the final stage
. No idea what happened there. I spent all my resources on the Silent Hunter outfit instead of weapons. Bad idea!

I was dying in the
parkour section. Made quick work of the moon men by keeping my distance and landing headshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom