• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

Best landscape shot I've seen in this thread, huge !!!

And the shot above, is gorgeous and very inspired too !!
Really, good job man !!

Thanks! I've been having lots of fun taking shots of fighting machines but it's hard to get a good angle wihle staying stealthed :D

Mirari

2zm0ipp.jpg

r1gj8Vp.jpg

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is me a couple days ago after downing my first Thunderjaw on Hard.
8ubVhVD.jpg

Anyone else not able to use the camera functions at certain parts of the game (like after jumping off a Tallneck?). Happens to me sometimes, says "Camera Functions Not Available" or something like that :(

Teepo671

Oh shit.. I uh... didn't know about that rule at all. Should read the OP I guess. I can edit 'em and sprinkle 'em through the thread I guess.
Yeah, looks like they're all jpegs though so it didn't slow my browser down all that much. I was just really surprised at how far down I had scrolled. lol

33132216651_a58a95a787_o.png

33132333211_b2cfe79630_o.png

mokeyjoe

It'd be cool if, like in Driveclub, it would let you play with the photo filters on.

I love the high contrast black and white shots.

Just started the game and holy shit, the photo mode is so frustrating. I just want to pull the camera back to take more interesting shots, but the bounding box is absurdly small. This is the kinda thing I'd normally hack on PC to allow me to move the camera infinitely far away if I wanted but... ugh.

Such a gorgeous game though. I took a few quick screenshots but I guess I didn't upload them first and I have no idea how to access them anyways. I'm new to PS4 screenshots =)

Filben

Just started the game and holy shit, the photo mode is so frustrating. I just want to pull the camera back to take more interesting shots, but the bounding box is absurdly small. This is the kinda thing I'd normally hack on PC to allow me to move the camera infinitely far away if I wanted but... ugh.

Such a gorgeous game though. I took a few quick screenshots but I guess I didn't upload them first and I have no idea how to access them anyways. I'm new to PS4 screenshots =)
Be sure to set it to PNG and not JPG. Hold (or single tap, depending on your settings) the Share button to access the menu and the settings. I also recommend to set the screenshot function on a single tap to make screenshots easier and quicker, and accessing the Share menu via holding down the Share button.

Your screenshots and videos will be saved to the HDD and is accessable through the capture gallery application. There, pressing the options button you can sort them for file size, game and date. Going into a subfolder, you can select the screenshots you want to put on a (FAT) flash drive. The folder structure then is as the following [flash drive]\PS4\SHARE\.

As for the bounding in Horizon you have to trick the game a bit. You probably know that already so please bear with me, but just in case: see a great motive, but you're too close? Step back with Aloy and remove her from the image via the in-game photo mode option and work with the FOV. If you want her being included in a very specific distance and angle, well yeah, you're screwed. Same thing like in The Last of Us, unfortunately.

AU Tiger

2 of 2

This game has probably the best fur/hair I've ever seen in any game.

Edit: Also, it seems like no attention to detail is spared with ANYONE in the game. The guy with the helmet here is just a random NPC. The area he was in had several other guys all with equal crazy amounts of detail and another thing that is really surprising me is the sheer variety of faces in the game. VERY few repeating faces anywhere. They're all totally unique.

Be sure to set it to PNG and not JPG. Hold (or single tap, depending on your settings) the Share button to access the menu and the settings. I also recommend to set the screenshot function on a single tap to make screenshots easier and quicker, and accessing the Share menu via holding down the Share button.

Your screenshots and videos will be saved to the HDD and is accessable through the capture gallery application. There, pressing the options button you can sort them for file size, game and date. Going into a subfolder, you can select the screenshots you want to put on a (FAT) flash drive. The folder structure then is as the following [flash drive]\PS4\SHARE\.

I already have it set to PNG and single tap for capture.

You need a flash drive to pull it off the HDD though? There's no way to upload directly from the PS4? Ugh. I mean, I have flash drives sitting around that I can use so it's not a big deal.

Filben

You need a flash drive to pull it off the HDD though? There's no way to upload directly from the PS4? Ugh. I mean, I have flash drives sitting around that I can use so it's not a big deal.
You can only upload directly to Facebook or Twitter or share it via a PS4 message to a buddy or community. If you want to upload a screenshot that has already been taken you have to hold down the Share button in the capture gallery.

Copy your screenshots on a USB flash drive regulary and clean your HDD off of your screenshots since handling big amounts of screenshot is not convenient and copying times (for PNG) are huge. Several minutes for like 100 screenshots.

Oh, and if you already believe handling screenshots on a PS4 is inconvenient don't get me started on the XOne. It's a desaster.

dr guildo

2 of 2

This game has probably the best fur/hair I've ever seen in any game.

Edit: Also, it seems like no attention to detail is spared with ANYONE in the game. The guy with the helmet here is just a random NPC. The area he was in had several other guys all with equal crazy amounts of detail and another thing that is really surprising me is the sheer variety of faces in the game. VERY few repeating faces anywhere. They're all totally unique.

Dat NPC's quality and dat level of details are insane ! Mindblowing !

Top Bottom