• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Yeah, I'm not going to take anything about the Trump-Russia affair seriously unless it is by a reputable news orginization or the IC.

I'm Certainly not going to freak out over tweets by some guy. Thus, I'm not going to beleive Flynn flipped unless I get actual proof of it.

Trurl

Banned
When's the last time a Trump bombshell rumor was disproven though? They usually end up true or at worst unable to verify.
It's very difficult to prove a negative. Russell's teacup and all of that.

His lack of transparency does make things worse.

Yeah, I'm not going to take anything about the Trump-Russia affair seriously unless it is by a reputable news orginization or the IC.

I'm Certainly not going to freak out over tweets by some guy. Thus, I'm not going to beleive Flynn flipped unless I get actual proof of it.

The problem with this kind of thingmany times is it's hard to prove intelligence things

antonz

There is a lot of smoke to the Flynn flipped story. National Enquirer is going hard at Flynn now saying he was a Russian Spy and glorious Leader Trump caught him. National Enquirer has a history of being an outlet used by trump and friends to launch offensives and pr campaigns

antonz

How would he know anything?

What's known about him is he was US Intel to some degree. He is in the Spy Museum. No one has been able to figure out who he is exactly and lots of groups have made attempts. He is no anonymous clown or anything like that

My mother has been a compete defeatist up to this point thinking Trump would get away with everything and even she is suddenly getting excited by this development with Flynn.

God I hope it's true.

What's known about him is he was US Intel to some degree. He is in the Spy Museum. No one has been able to figure out who he is exactly and lots of groups have made attempts. He is no anonymous clown or anything like that

yeah, jester Actual is legit and he's been right a lot. His last "prediction" was Nunes going straight to the WH. He did that one Tuesday night.

rambis

Banned
Well, I would imagine it would be come public if it went to trial. I'm not saying I expect confirmation anytime soon, but it would have to become public eventually, right?
No not necessarily. Non-disclosure could easily be a condition of his deal.

When's the last time a Trump bombshell rumor was disproven though? They usually end up true or at worst unable to verify.
Flynn's no comment is the biggest validator we can possibly have at this point, save some agent leaking explicit testimony.

Flynn is already in hot water for lying to the FBI, which is automatically criminal. If there was nothing to this story he wouldve outright denied it. They only reason for him to no comment this would be because he's not allowed to comment on an active investigation.

Without any sources we can probably make a great guess that the FBI is currently engaged in questioning him in some capacity. "Flipping" has alot of cannotations, but there's next to no doubt in my mind at this point that the FBI is digging into Flynn.

Tweet from that thread:

@Acosta He's Source E in Steele Dossier (Russian born man working in WH who is actual Russian spy) #Trussiagate #Supermax

SLqSed5.jpg

Guess where Epshteyn is from?

Jesus Christ, I feel like I leave this thread for a few hours and bombshells continue to drop at record speed.

LOL HIS FIRST NAME IS BORIS! COME ON!!!

Hopefully this means something?

It'd be nice but he's been out of sight since the election

He has been working at the White House as a liaison to the cable networks. It seems like he got into a screaming match with a Fox News booker. So I think the biggest takeaway here is that Trump is having a hard time even keeping Fox in line.

The pressure is just going to keep building and they can't handle it at all.

Seventy70

Tweet from that thread:

SLqSed5.jpg

Guess where Epshteyn is from?

Epshteyn entered Trumpworld as a surrogate, thanks to a friendship with Eric Trump developed as fellow undergrad students at Georgetown University.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/boris-ephsteyn-trump-leaving-236506
Friendship with Eric Trump, huh?

Don't know how much smoke there can be. I wonder how KellyAnne ties into all this. Can't wait to see these disgusting people locked up.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Things are moving incredibly fast. The Jester, who predicted the Nunes stunt a day before said these next few weeks are going to be quite bumpy. I don't think Trump will last until the end of the summer. These healthcare shenanigans have soured Republicans as well and they need a scapegoat.

Who is the Jester

Xtyle

Wikipedia

"In September 2016, the media watchdog organization Media Matters for America criticized CNN, Fox News, and PBS for failing to disclose Epshteyn's "financial ties to the former Soviet Union, which include consulting through Strategy International LLC for 'entities doing business in Eastern Europe' and moderating a Russian-sponsored conference on 'investment opportunities in Moscow.'"

antonz

Who is the Jester

Hacktivist who has traditionally done operations against Jihadist Groups. He has gone after the Westboro Baptist Church a few times and has done some stuff against Russian Gov't. Lots of people have spent a long time trying to unmask him but all the so called pros haven't been able to even catch a sniff on him

Here's something I saw on Reddit about Flynn and the white houses current fuckery and why he FBI may have Flynn in custody. Credit to
Tyree07

So while it's just a rumor at the moment, it's a pretty good summary of why Flynn may be singing to the FBI

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/61ikiw/did_michael_flynn_strike_a_deal_with_the_fbi_cnn/

(THREAD) BREAKING: Harvard professor and @CNN political analyst Juliette Kayyem says, per sources, Michael Flynn may have flipped on Trump.

(1) First, as an attorney I want to make clear that, if this @CNN analyst's sources are correct, the #Russiagate scandal is blown wide open.

(2) The FBI flips witnesses, turning them into cooperating individuals, only when they can help secure conviction of a bigger "target."

(3) Michael Flynn was the National Security Adviser for the President of the United States. The only bigger target is Donald J. Trump.

(4) But Flynn also held a clandestine meeting with Russian ambassador/spy Sergey Kislyak and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner in December '16.

(5) And Flynn coordinated with infamous Iran-Contra figure and Russian oil/gas pipeline advocate Bud McFarlane in hiring Trump's Deputy NSA.

(6) And of course Flynn had the highest possible clearance and greatest possible access to POTUS in discussing matters of national security.

(7) Flynn's hire as NSA was controversial--even suspicious--when it was made due to Flynn's absolutely terrible reputation in Washington.

(8) This suggests the hire wasn't based on merit, but rather the fact that Flynn is known to have ties (in-person ties) to Vladimir Putin.

(9) We should conclude from the foregoing that Flynn was in the best position of anyone involved in #Russiagate to see all its contours.

(10) Given all of the above, we can say that if any one person could bring down Trump due to #Russiagate, it's the man the FBI may now have.

(CREDIT) I want to give a hat tip to @JustineBateman for drawing my attention to this breaking development. Stay tuned for more news soon.

Here's an earlier thread by Abramson and an update on Russiagate, including the story on Flynn regarding National Enquirer, from earlier today:

(1) My commitment to readers is always to be as clear as I can about what I know for certain--& don't--on the fast-paced #Russiagate front.

(2) Now one yet has (or has claimed to have) confirmation of whether Flynn is working with the FBI to take down other #Russiagate targets.

(3) We know Flynn's spokesman, confronted with this exact question, refused to say Flynn was not cooperating. Instead, it was "no comment."

(4) We know The National Enquirer, which since '15 has been a forum for "leads" planted by Trump & allies, is now trying to discredit Flynn.

(5) We know Flynn has disappeared from public view, even as his potential #Russiagate co-conspirators are asking to testify before Congress.

(6) What is known of #Russiagate so far suggests Flynn would be best positioned to hand the FBI the largest number of its likely targets.

(7) There is extremely compelling proof Flynn lied to the FBI and dissembled with respect to federal forms for filing as a foreign agent.

(8) This leverage suggests the FBI is now positioned to roll Flynn as a cooperating individual testifying against other #Russiagate targets.

(9) In investigations like this, the FBI aims to charge the most senior culpable person it can, as this person likely heads the conspiracy.

(10) What we know of #Russiagate so far lends credence to the theory that if Trump is a target of the investigation, the FBI needs Flynn.

(11) The recent HIC meeting cancellation--after Nunes was linked to Flynn--and the HIC's doc requests suggest major Flynn-related activity.

(12) In the middle of this, Juliette Kayyam--a Harvard professor, top NatSec expert, and regular @CNN analyst--implied her sources had news.

(13) Yesterday, Kayyam said that "it's starting to look like, from my sources...Michael Flynn is the one who may have a deal with the FBI."

(14) As journalists all of us who cited Kayyam's statement assumed--and we continue to assume--that her NatSec sources are generally strong.

(15) Kayyam now says her sources are merely "wondering" (her word) whether Flynn could have turned state's evidence in the #Russiagate case.

(16) This sounds like--& is--a back-tracking, though I see Kayyam as mostly trying to ensure she doesn't get misquoted as stating a fact.

(17) Taken together with all else that is known, Kayyam's NatSec sources suspecting Flynn may be rolled is probative, given their knowledge.

(18) When/if Trump is confirmed as a #Russiagate target, journos will say so; when/if Flynn is confirmed as a CI, journos will say so.

(19) I know this delay in getting confirmation is frustrating; it's frustrating for those of us covering this also. We are doing our best.

(20) My personal belief, in view of the evidence I've gathered, is that the FBI has leveraged Flynn. When/if it is confirmed, I'll say so.

Seventy70

Article from November 7th:

Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia.

Contrary to earlier reporting in the New York Times, which cited FBI sources as saying that the agency did not believe that the private server in Donald Trump’s Trump Tower which was connected to a Russian bank had any nefarious purpose, the FBI’s counter-intelligence arm, sources say, re-drew an earlier FISA court request around possible financial and banking offenses related to the server. The first request, which, sources say, named Trump, was denied back in June, but the second was drawn more narrowly and was granted in October after evidence was presented of a server, possibly related to the Trump campaign, and its alleged links to two banks; SVB Bank and Russia’s Alfa Bank. While the Times story speaks of metadata, sources suggest that a FISA warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons.

The FISA warrant was granted in connection with the investigation of suspected activity between the server and two banks, SVB Bank and Alfa Bank. However, it is thought in the intelligence community that the warrant covers any ‘US person’ connected to this investigation, and thus covers Donald Trump and at least three further men who have either formed part of his campaign or acted as his media surrogates. The warrant was sought, they say, because actionable intelligence on the matter provided by friendly foreign agencies could not properly be examined without a warrant by US intelligence as it involves ‘US Persons’ who come under the remit of the FBI and not the CIA. Should a counter-intelligence investigation lead to criminal prosecutions, sources say, the Justice Department is concerned that the chain of evidence have a basis in a clear warrant.
🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom