• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Popnbake

Gon is connected to Ging, Killua to Alluka, and Kurapika to the Spiders and the Scarlet Eyes. They can all be brought in by involving Ging, Alluka, and the Scarlet Eyes. There's still that Ai thing Alluka might be connected to.

Leorio is the only one that needed a reason to be established, and that got taken care of this chapter.

That's true but Alluka and Killua did want to travel on their own for awhile.

Ging face fucking that guy was the highlight of the chapter for me also Pariston is proving to be one twisted fucker kinda reminds me of a combination of some of Sensui's personalities.

So Ging is Yusuke and Pariston is Sensui?

Hopefully there's no long lost descendant of a demon in there somewhere.

Mizaistom "Cross Game" ability is pretty interesting.

Strong points: it immobilizes several targets for a decent amount of time.

Weak points: Activation needs
1. Show a card to the target
2. Warn the targets of how they should behave
3. Flip the card and shout the command

So it isn't really an ability for high speed combat / someone that knows how it works.

Wow, I really didn't expect Togashi to bring back Leorio and Kurapika, but I can't say I'm not pleased. I also liked how we got to see Pariston's motivation a bit more. I really enjoyed this chapter, and we even go to see Mizastom's Nen!!! Man, I wish we could just get like all the arc at once :/

I wonder how Gon will fit into this. I thought Leorio was going to have him join the Zodiacs. Maybe Ging will draw him in? Or maybe Togashi will leave Gon and Killua behind this arc.
Also, when Ging was "punching" that guy, what was up with that? Was that to do with Nen, or was he just showing off his aura, or what?

Wow, I really didn't expect Togashi to bring back Leorio and Kurapika, but I can't say I'm not pleased. I also liked how we got to see Pariston's motivation a bit more. I really enjoyed this chapter, and we even go to see Mizastom's Nen!!! Man, I wish we could just get like all the arc at once :/

I wonder how Gon will fit into this. I thought Leorio was going to have him join the Zodiacs. Maybe Ging will draw him in? Or maybe Togashi will leave Gon and Killua behind this arc.
Also, when Ging was "punching" that guy, what was up with that? Was that to do with Nen, or was he just showing off his aura, or what?

Think its the anime showing killing instinct thing the guy instantly knew he was outmatched

smurfx

get some go again
Gon/Killua/Alluka getting dragged in when something goes wrong is a pretty strong bet.
gon will go with ging. hisoka will likely go since there will be many high profile targets he can kill. plus he already missed out on fighting the chimeras and he probably wants to see what he can fight there. i only see killua going if something happens to alluka like she gets kidnapped because she has one of the calamities in her. i don't think killua would risk taking alluka to such a dangerous place otherwise.

Big One

Banned
I'm a bit confused here, maybe it's the translation, but does Pariston have control over Chimera Ants? Like I'm getting a serious vibe that it's implying he was responsible for what happened at NGL somehow or another.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm a bit confused here, maybe it's the translation, but does Pariston have control over Chimera Ants? Like I'm getting a serious vibe that it's implying he was responsible for what happened at NGL somehow or another.
sound like it to me. like he released them to stir shit up within the organization.

upandaway

The Association got custody of the 5000 leftover Chimera soldiers (the people that were on trees at the palace during the invasion), and during the whole president election chaos and with Pariston's loyal followers, he got the army pretty much for himself.

It may be a bit lost looking at Pariston bailing into another team but he still has a TON of loyal followers in the organization

Yonafunu

No, when the King died at the end of the Chimera Ant arc, the Hunter Assocation came in to clean shit up, remember? Paristion took all of the remaining Chimera Ant eggs present at the palace and NGL.

Big One

Banned
OH I see, I remember that now, forgotten about it. Need to re-read that part in Hunter x Hunter.

I dunno I'm hoping we don't get a Chimera Ant arc again, I'm done with the Chimera ants for the most part. Hoping for new and fresh antagonists, that being the calamities of the Dark Continent being the main antagonist force for this arc.

Daingurse

I dunno I'm hoping we don't get a Chimera Ant arc again, I'm done with the Chimera ants for the most part. Hoping for new and fresh antagonists, that being the calamities of the Dark Continent being the main antagonist force for this arc.

There was that alligator Chimera Ant, who I still think will be a problem eventually. Unless Morel or some other sea hunter handles him, I think he'll become a dominant lifeform underwater and a future threat. I think we're going to get plenty of new stuff this arc, but I really doubt that the Ants are done in HxH.

So did Ging use some sort of illusion on that guy, he bashed his face in and then he looked fine.

Show of power/force, a common anime/manga trope. Ging simply thew a punch(es) with enough aura/killing intent for the other guy to envision and understand the outcome immediately had Ging actually followed through and hit him.

OH I see, I remember that now, forgotten about it. Need to re-read that part in Hunter x Hunter.

My impression at first that the adventure here would be to reach the Dark Continent itself, more the preparation and journey than the final destination. But things are progressing fast, faster than I thought. For example I thought the first part would go about the conflict between V5, the Hunter Asoc and Netero Beyond and Kaikin, and that part seems resolved already, more or less; so who knows.

Akainu

Looks like the whole gang might be getting back together! And Ging is all like I'm no. 2 now. Got a problem? Deal with it.

Snakeyes

Pariston is a complete sociopath.

Super stoked about seeing Leorio and Kurapika returning to a major role in the storyline.

upandaway

This TV by the way

iPySFud.png

brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mortemis

Banned
Damn, both Leorio and Kurapika back in the story. This is the first time Kurapika had dialogue in how many year? I'm glad both are going, I've been hoping they have a large part in this arc.

I got a feeling that Gon and Killua won't be showing up for a while, maybe they'll somehow go with the hunter group but they don't seem to have much of a reason. Sure there's the whole Alluka and Ai thing, but I just don't see them getting dragged in. But of course its weird to have the main characters gone for too long so who knows how they'll go. I was thinking that Gon tags along with Ging but now it looks like Ging is in opposition of the hunter organization (I think? Kinda confused there) so idk if Ging is the type of dad that'll let his son get involved with something like that. He's certainly not dad of the year but he's never had Gon tag along with him and I don't see him starting now.

Pariston is a complete sociopath.

and I'm loving every bit of it.

MarkusRJR

Not reading the manga but I'm so happy that Leorio is back in. My favorite character by far. My rewatch of the 2011 series definitely confirmed that for me. Hopefully he has some Nen powers now.

I doubt the anime will ever get that far though... :(

Not reading the manga but I'm so happy that Leorio is back in. My favorite character by far. My rewatch of the 2011 series definitely confirmed that for me. Hopefully he has some Nen powers now.

I doubt the anime will ever get that far though... :(

The anime will get to the part where Leodio comes back, that's confirmed.

Daingurse

The anime will get to the part where Leodio comes back, that's confirmed.

Yep, they should totally be animating Leorio and his Emission nen in the Election Arc. I'm most looking forward to Alluka though, because I found her power so incredibly disturbing in the manga. I fucking loved it.

andymcc

Banned
Yep, they should totally be animating Leorio and his Emission nen in the Election Arc. I'm most looking forward to Alluka though, because I found her power so incredibly disturbing in the manga. I fucking loved it.

i imagine it'll be even more disturbing in the anime.

especially that empty face....

Radec

Anyone got a summary of the chapter?

There's too much wall of text there that I just skip through
KuGsj.gif

Ging looks serious in this though.

I have been enjoying how dialog heavy the new chapters are but after this last one I realized I'm just not picking up on lots of little details about motivation from these translations. I'm lost about why Gin and Parison and others are on of the side they are and what they are planning.

The word organization is coming up too much. Sometimes it's specified as Hunter's organization but the word is broadly used for just the Zodiacs and the V5(6) as well.

Also, it felt a little forced to get Kurapica in there too but I'm just so fucking glad he's back and working with Leo again!!!!!

Question: Kura never could have attacked Cowman with his chains anyways right? They seems pretty clear on him only using his powers on the Ryoden. Maybe it's just that judgement chain or the zetsu chain but I thought he couldn't use the chains on anyone else or he dies.

upandaway

Question: Kura never could have attacked Cowman with his chains anyways right? They seems pretty clear on him only using his powers on the Ryoden. Maybe it's just that judgement chain or the zetsu chain but I thought he couldn't use the chains on anyone else or he dies.
Of the chains we know about so far (everything excluding the index finger), the only one with the Spiders limitation is Chain Jail.

Plus Kurapika with red eyes can have max Nen in all areas, so he can theoretically just fight without any hatsu like Gon and still be strong.

Of the chains we know about so far (everything excluding the index finger), the only one with the Spiders limitation is Chain Jail.

Plus Kurapika with red eyes can have max Nen in all areas, so he can theoretically just fight without any hatsu like Gon and still be strong.

I don't know if I agree with that because don't it it was specified to that level.
I don't think they said anything about it only being that chain, did they?
IMO limitation is on his nen, not the chain. He increased his nen to that extreme level by restricting it to only the spiders

I don't know if I agree with that because don't it it was specified to that level.
I don't think they said anything about it only being that chain, did they?
IMO limitation is on his nen, not the chain. He increased his nen to that extreme level by restricting it to only the spiders

IIRC, Emperor Time allows him to use all other Nen categories with 100% efficiency. The conjured chains can only be used on the Phantom Troupe except for the dowsing chain and the chain that can heal him.

kirblar

IIRC, Emperor Time allows him to use all other Nen categories with 100% efficiency. The conjured chains can only be used on the Phantom Troupe except for the dowsing chain and the chain that can heal him.
We also don't know what one of the chains does, I believe.

Emperor Time appears to do a hell of a number on his short-term health and energy level though. It's not something he's going to want to have to use often.

Tizoc

Catching up to the manga now and am starting from when Killua
goes to Alluka for the wish
My theory on
Alluka is that Alluka is a girl, but his family only needs sons, so Alluka was treated as a boy by everyone except Killua.
I also now just realized the extent of Alluka's ability, that is one fucked up Equivalent Exchange brrr

Cool Kurapica, but it's a bit silly trying to mix up an effect associated with digital photos (chromatic aberration) with an otherwise more classic painting.

Tizoc

Out of sheer curiosity but what's happened to Kurapika since the Greed Island arc? Had I known any better I'd say he made a new for himself in the criminal undergound and has become a cold person >_>;

kirblar

Out of sheer curiosity but what's happened to Kurapika since the Greed Island arc? Had I known any better I'd say he made a new for himself in the criminal undergound and has become a cold person >_>;
Used his Mafia connections to help run operations in the organization and hunt down the sets of eyes.

smurfx

get some go again
HxH 344

We have Kentaro Miura double page detailed spreads full of monsters. 2 years hiatus worth it!

Also
Gon can't into Nen?!!
well looks like alluka was only used to heal him and not remove the condition he put on himself. maybe that guy from greed island can remove it.

Lulubop

well looks like alluka was only used to heal him and not remove the condition he put on himself. maybe that guy from greed island can remove it.

I smell adventure.

Also something about a new Zoldyck, Zeno's dad maybe?

Mael

I smell adventure.

Also something about a new Zoldyck, Zeno's dad maybe?

Zeno's dad is Maha and we met him in the YorkShin arc when we get a second glimpse of Kalluto when the head of the mafia is killed.
Doubt it the official nen remover from the association didn't want to do anything with it and claimed it was worse than death.
Now I know that Association members got severly worfed recently but still if the small bomb from genthru was enough to make a human sized monster....
Well looks like we get country sized monster this time...

Mael

Remember the last chapter saying only three people returned to human lives?

Other than Netero we've seen the other two.

http://imgur.com/VJupmHs

http://imgur.com/o6gjhHq

Same names as in this chapter.
So Zeno's father is Zzigg...
since the oldest is known anyway and is name Maha or he's an unknown family member and he could have died.

And did Ging just say that all the calamities are chimera ants?
bad translation?
good catch

It was a mistranslation,
it actually wrote that the Calamities are on the same level of danger as chimera ants at rank A or rank B level. Meaning some of them are more dangerous than the ants and some are less dangerous as the ants.

Use the chimera ants and what it took to stop them as a metric of what each danger is like for each calamity. Also Kurapika read a book about the outside world from a writer called D Hunter. Could this be related to Don Freaks and the west book?

Top Bottom