• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

The shading in this panel is excellent.
5j9Gvs1.png

For a dude that can't draw Togashi can really draw.

I don't think anyone has said he can't draw, only that the vast majority of the time he chooses not to
If anything I think it's just an over used meme due to his Chimera Ant scribbles. I find it hilarious, though I will admit I didn't know what the hell the man was capable of till I started getting into the manga and seeing some older panels from YYH.

Euphony

Banned
Looking up YYH characters makes me want to go back and finish watching it. I dropped it right in the middle of the Black Tournament arc for some reason. I was enjoying too.

Daingurse

The chapter where the Koala ant, forgot their name, is talking to the reborn Kite is still fairly rough. Unless that's a stylistic choice.

I assumed it was. I really like Togashi's frantic"sketchy" style" at times. I felt that Gon's transformation in the manga for example, conveyed so many emotions on the page.

Philippo

I assumed it was. I really like Togashi's frantic"sketchy" style" at times. I felt that Gon's transformation in the manga for example, conveyed so many emotions on the page.

Yeah i like it too.

I love how Togashi has a wide range of styles, like almost realistic noir, shonen style and weird minimalistic scribbles. They all ooze so much charm and personality.

Daingurse

I strong is Gon's "fuck this shit I'm out" rage in manga form?

It's pretty damn strong. As excellent as Hunter x Hunter 2011 is, I preferred the execution of Gon's transformation in the manga, because Togashi's art looked so moody and bleak in that chapter.

6KjBcjm.png

Gon straight up looked like Demon Yusuke here. This is one of those panels that I would just stare at. This is also probably my favorite transformation in the medium. SSJ2 Gohan got bumped by this shit lol. I can still remember the different emotions I was feeling when I first read the chapter.

And man, Tespechiora resurrecting Pitou's corpse was absolutely terrifying in the manga. I felt so much dread during that moment.

It's pretty damn strong. As excellent as Hunter x Hunter 2011 is, I preferred the execution of Gon's transformation in the manga, because Togashi's art looked so moody and bleak in that chapter.

6KjBcjm.png

Gon straight up looked like Demon Yusuke here. This is one of those panels that I would just stare at. This is also probably my favorite transformation in the medium. SSJ2 Gohan got bumped by this shit lol. I can still remember the different emotions I was feeling when I first read the chapter.

And man, Tespechiora resurrecting Pitou's corpse was absolutely terrifying in the manga. I felt so much dread during that moment.
Holy shit. Those lines are great and do a good job conveying the bleak desperation.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

6KjBcjm.png

I actually loved how Madhouse handled Gon's transformation and think it holds pretty true to how Togashi drew it.

Daingurse

I actually loved how Madhouse handled Gon's transformation and think it holds pretty true to how Togashi drew it.
They did a fantastic job overall, but I still prefer the manga to the anime for that moment. I just loved the execution of the art in that chapter. But at the end of the day HxH 131 is my single favorite episode of any anime. I still tear up whenever I watch it lol.

Manga seems to stimulate my imagination more, while anime really pushes my emotional buttons.

They did a fantastic job overall, but I still prefer the manga to the anime for that moment. I just loved the execution of the art in that chapter. But at the end of the day HxH 131 is my single favorite episode of any anime. I still tear up whenever I watch it lol.

Manga seems to stimulate my imagination more, while anime really pushes my emotional buttons.
Ep 131 hurts. I ripped off my head phones, shed a tear, turned it off and took a break the last time I saw it.

Daingurse

Ep 131 hurts. I ripped off my head phones, shed a tear, turned it off and took a break the last time I saw it.

In that fraction of a second, shorter than the blink of an eye, Killua heard Gon speak.

"It doesn't hurt. I'm not trying to be tough. I'm kind of happy . . . I finally get to be the same as Kite was back then. I feel like I've been redeemed some."

Right there is when I start crying without fail lol. It's just too much for this grown-ass man. Poor Gon :(

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The musical choices were excellent during 131. When Gon is charging up Jajanken after kicking Pitou into the sky it sounds like the soudntrack of 2001 during the space travel scene at the end. It wasn't epic or exciting, it sounded like something out of a horror movie. It just hits home that this wasn't your usual Super Saiyan style transformation and that this was wrong to the extreme.

Daingurse

No kidding. I feel worse for Killua in that situation too. He has to watch his best friend suffer like this and there's nothing he can do
to even help Gon.

Yeah, you can't help but put yourself in Killua's shoes, as he watches his best friend (who has so much personal significance for Killua as a character) blow up in a Nen explosion. Just an emotional clusterfuck. If I need a good cry, all I gotta do is look up Gon vs Pitou in Youtube lol.

The musical choices were excellent during 131. When Gon is charging up Jajanken after kicking Pitou into the sky it sounds like the soudntrack of 2001 during the space travel scene at the end. It wasn't epic or exciting, it sounded like something out of a horror movie. It just hits home that this wasn't your usual Super Saiyan style transformation and that this was wrong to the extreme.

The music is fucking perfect in 131. The OST choices conveyed the mood so well.

One of my favorite music moments was when Gon sees Pitou again for the first time. They strip all of the needless chanting out of that track and the percussion takes on this tense and haunting mood. Mixed with that perfect direction it just became a sequence I spent about 15 minutes watching on a loop, was just a lot to absorb.

Yes! Omg

To be honest Gon's transformation is some demonic ass shit. You might dumb and celebrate it the first time you see it, but after that? NOPE. You can't applaud that. That's a 13 year old boy throwing his life away to smash a living creature.

smurfx

get some go again
i rewatched yu yu hakusho recently and the ending to this arc was crap. guy did all this evil shit but it was all planned out and he was really good. i hope togashi doesn't pull this same stuff with chrollo or even gyro if he ever get that far. hxh is so much better than yyh.

Daingurse

i rewatched yu yu hakusho recently and the ending to this arc was crap. guy did all this evil shit but it was all planned out and he was really good. i hope togashi doesn't pull this same stuff with chrollo or even gyro if he ever get that far. hxh is so much better than yyh.

He wasn't a good guy, but he did get what he wanted. I honestly always liked that aspect about Toguro. Dude got exactly what he wanted.

I only kinda had that problem with the end of the Chapter Black arc, where it slightly turned out to be the same as before. I still really like how Sensui himself overall ended out, though

But I do agree on HxH being better than YYH, since Yu Yu wasn't entirely how Togashi planned it to be

Toguro is such a good guy that he wanted to be tortured for eternity. He wasn't evil, but he was not good. He was a man that couldn't over come the loss in his past and tormented himself over it. Genkai and Koenma realized this and tried to tell him to let go of the past, but the man wouldn't allow himself to.

caliph95

I only kinda had that problem with the end of the Chapter Black arc, where it slightly turned out to be the same as before. I still really like how Sensui himself overall ended out, though

But I do agree on HxH being better than YYH, since Yu Yu wasn't entirely how Togashi planned it to be
I feel like the election arc was more what he tried to in the demon world tournament but couldn't and why it's the weakest arc

Top Bottom