• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype level check for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Bolivar687

Banned
Campaign looks abysmal. We've already had space shootouts in Ghosts and we've seen the series try to force pilot sections into the engine many times. I truly cannot see how this should be any more compelling now. The simple level layouts and generic assets make this look like a total pass.

Black Ops III was the worst CoD multiplayer I've ever played - constrained maps, derivative customization/progression, and blatantly tacked on movement. Making a follow up to that was the absolute last thing I wanted to see from Infinity Ward this year.

Still getting it for MWR tho!

Toa TAK

Banned
Beta did nothing for me. Always been a campaign guy, though so that'll be the reason I rent it. I don't really have it in me this year to drop 80 bucks for the bundled COD4.

And tutorials in zombies for the most basic shit smh

Yoday

As someone who's never been into the MP I find the extreme amount of Beta hate to be very odd, as it looks like any other COD MP. From the outside looking in, it seems more like a COD fatigue thing to me than the game actually being bad.

Kalentan

Not expecting much, the "Space" aspect looks like it'll be on rails and limited like Battlefront is in many ways.

I'll wait for SQ42 for space-esque FPS. Or maybe next Mass Effect.

They've said time and time again the Jackal sections aren't on rails.

It has been zero ever since the forced MWR bundling was confirmed, obviously it was done to sell a shitty game. Now the beta confirmed that it's a shitty microtransaction filled game, so I have no interest in this at all.

I didn't actually mind Blops3 the maps weren't amazing but overall I thought it was the best cod for a couple years.

I'll try IW but I'll probably be a few prestiges deep in MWR by then.

Its too similar to Black Ops 3, and seems inferior.

Map design so far is pretty bad, are they actually going to have a Ground War mode with these maps?

The visuals are not as good, the sound design is not as good. The movement system and the Rigs abilities are a copy of Black Ops 3.

Why make this game when practically a same game exists.

I whis this was its own thing, even Ghosts 2 would've been interesting.

I'll probably wait for a sale. Nothing against COD, but I've got several other games on the go. It's too bad there wasn't a PC beta. I probably would have bought the MW remaster on launch if it was sold separately. Oh well.

Schlorgan

I bough the Legacy for MWR. Sure, publicly, Activision can say IW was successful, but internally, they damn well can tell why it was, whether if the Legacy bundle being the best seller and/or online multiplayer numbers of the two. Personally, I hope Acti gets the message and goes back to "boots on the ground only" gameplay.

Wat.

It's incredibly sad to see all the lukewarm / negative reactions surrounding Infinite Warfare yet people still purchasing due to MW Remaster.

I mean I was almost guilty of it too but that was before they confirmed that the Infinite Warfare disc would be required. And while I realize this one lost sale means nothing to Activision, I still can't support such a shitty tactic.

In a perfect world everyone would just stick to Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 for their shooter needs and wait for MW remaster to be sold separately. Fuck Activision and Infinite Warfare. This game deserves to bomb.

People acknowledging its not a good game but still buying it...you do know you're part of the problem, right? :)

Kinda same with people who are buying it just for MWR. I mean, I know you want MWR, but this is sending the wrong message in the area where it counts the most: sales. So, if it works, and IW sells a ton even if it's rated poorly by critics and shooter fans, will mean Activision will know how to manipulate gamers.

Re-release MW2 with anything they're not confident about, and it'll do well. Sound marketing strategy if ever. Just saying that "vote with your wallet" thing should apply to games that deserve it.

But yeah, people are definitely free to do what they want to do and such. But don't be surprised if Acti does it again next time -- least of all, don't complain if MW2R is tucked away again.
Ghosts sold around 17 million copies. And yet in spite of this, they're dropping a Ghosts sequel and creating a whole new trilogy.

I'm pretty sure they look at more than just the sales.

dude819

After an entire weekend where I could not party up with the people I normally play with, we finally took a stand and cancelled our pre-orders.

Hype level: 0

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
this looks like the most soulless game in the series which is saying something. I'd play that MW remaster but I'm not paying the ransom.

The beta killed any interest I had in the game the multiplayer feels like a black ops 3 expansion
its lazy and uninspired

On top of all that the legacy edition is 110$ Canadian dollars and requiring the disc to replay the remaster of modern warfare Fuck that

tilomite!

My hype level is low. I'm having a good time with Battlefield 1, expect that Titanfall 2 will be really good. It's weird that CoD is probably the odd man out this year.

Natels

Didn't like the game. Feels like Ghosts with clunky jumps and wallruns. And Ghosts was terrible.

TTK is too short and connections are awful. The menus and the camos... looks like it was made in 3 months not 3 years.

No hype here. Only want it for the MW remaster but not sure if ill even get it for that now.

They will sell it seperate at some point so ill wait for that I think.

RMI

Banned
loved Blops3 multiplayer but thought the campaign was bad compared to AW the previous year. Not going to do anything crazy like pre-order this game but will probably buy it after I see some reviews.

Orca

The first CoD that my friends and I aren't going to buy. That's our longest 'get this game and play together' streak in gaming, coming to an end. Nobody is excited for Infinite Warfare, even with MWR bundled in - we will buy that separately the day it goes on sale, but zero interest in what just felt like Ghosts with BO3 tacked on.

rdytoroll

Played every CoD starting with Modern Warfare except Ghosts and I'm not hyped all. I'd love to play MWR, but shit is too expensive when I wouldn't even touch the IW MP. The next CoD I'll buy will be one without jetpack garbage and wall running

UCBooties

The Campaign looks like it might be enough for me to buy. If I do, it will be the first COD I have ever bought.

No interest in the MP.

The beta felt like a watered down Black Ops 3 with Ghost Movement. I decided to not buy it day one, but hoping for a big black friday sale for the Legacy Edition.

I cancelled my preorder mostly because I'm still really enjoying Destiny, and GAF beta impressions were lukewarm.

I would totally buy Modern Warfare remastered separately. I'd also buy the Infinite Warfare VR thing separately if it ever becomes available.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have no hype for the gameplay. Sci fi is a nice theme but I cannot care for it when Battlefield 1 did so many things right. You could say I traded CoD for BF since I use to hate The BF series and I've owned all the Black ops games.

It's hilarious that people think that without MWR IW still wouldn't easily be the best selling game of the year by a sizable margin. The delusional surrounding COD's popularity is something to watch.

Anyway, as far as my hype: it's there. I'm not as high on it as usual since it's IW, but the beta was okay, and I'm sure I'll get plenty of fun out of the whole package between SP, multi and zombies.

Tapejara

Not very hyped, unfortunately. As I've said in other threads: the campaign looks amazing, the multiplayer beta felt like a worse playing BO3, and I hate zombies (I want Extinction back).

I'll pick it up eventually, but it's the first CoD game in eight years that I won't be buying day one.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Bought the Legacy Edition Digitally.

Hated the beta. Loved Modern Warfare Remastered campaign, Pumped for the MW Multiplayer, and hopefully the campaign is good, or at least entertaining.

Happy they all support PS4 Pro day one.

jacobs34

Everything I've seen and played has been pretty awful. I've played every COD game since 2 and this will be the first year that I've given the game a hard pass. I really, really hope they eventually sell MWR separately because I can't justify spending $80 just to play a remaster of one of my favorite games.

Surprisingly, real low. I haven't bought COD or any other shooter in years and I was definitely in the mood for one.

I played the betas for Battlefield, Titanfall and COD and before I played any of them I probably would have ranked my excitement, 1)COD 2)Titanfall and 3)Battlefield.

After the betas, 1)Battlefield, 2) Titanfall and a somewhat distant 3) COD.

I bought Battlefield and I absolutely adore it so far. I'll probably pick up Titanfall sometime this fall or if there's a sale and I might pick up the remastered Modern Warfare whenever they ever unbundle it.

I didn't hate Infinite Warfare, I just liked the other games more.

beast

Neo Member
Hype died when Infinity ward became Respawn entertainment . There is no COD for me without having the original developers making the game .

I am neither hyped or negative about the game. It is another year, another COD. I may get it once it is on sale since I am only interested in the campaign.

Top Bottom