• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype level check for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Multiplayer is some fine Call of Duty action, the story looks interesting too.

For better or worse, they molded the game after Black Ops 3.

Edit: Here and the beta thread, I saw people saying it's the worst CoD experience they've had. Wondering if those same folks played Ghosts at launch.

after playing BF1 I canceled my preorder. MWR can wait until standalone release.

Unless the campaign and zombies prove to be great.

ryseing

Don't give a damn about the MP- Titanfall 2 and the 4 remake will fill my FPS needs in that regard.

SP looks great, and I'm sure the VR mission will be short but I'm excited to see it regardless.

Shady859

Zero point zero, CoD is dead to me until the standalone MW releases.

I played the beta a few hours but couldn't even be bothered to play again during week 2. I'll probably Redbox it the next time they have a coupon promo just to check out zombie mode but MP isn't fun with all these abilities and jet packs.

Wedzi

Banned
Dead after the beta. Campaign could still be good but there's too many good shooters out this fall to consider it. Gears 4, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2. Already have Battlefield 1. Hoping to pick up Titanfall 2 over Thanksgiving, Gears over Christmas. And after that I'll be all shooterd out looking forward towards Mass Effect Andromeda which will hopefully come out earlyish 2017

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
if the campaign ends up being pretty good i still might pick up the Legacy edition.

beta was ehhhhhh but i didn't hate it. it was actually kinda nice to jump back in after skipping Black Ops 3.

Wasn't that excited, played the beta and for sure will not be picking the game up. Maybe I'll get it cheaper down the road for the campaign, bit those multiplayer maps were terrible

Dominator

I always played multiplayer but I always buy them mainly for the campaign, going back to CoD2. If I have friends that want to play multi I will, but all multiplayer will be MWR this year.

Schlorgan

I was going to buy the Legacy Edition when MWR was announced but when the release dates for Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 were announced, I wasn't sure which two I should get, since I couldn't afford all three. Then the rumors started going around that you'd need to have the IW disc in the drive to play MWR and that completely soured me on the whole thing. Put in preorders for BF1 and TF2 and I don't regret it.

Overboost

Through the goddamn roof for me. Hype levels for everything we're getting:

• IW Campaign: 9.5/10 (helmed by Naughty Dog narrative designers from UC2-4 and TLOU)
  • IW Multiplayer: 7/10 (ended up really liking the beta after the TTK fixes last weekend)
  • Zombies in Spaceland: 8/10 (best COD Zombies I've played yet)
  • MWR campaign: 10/10 (have it, is basically perfect)
  • MWR MP: 10/10 (is perfect by all accounts)
  • Jackal Assault VR: 9/10 (Engadget basically called it the best VR thing ever)
  • Season Pass: 8/10 (knowing more MW series maps must be coming)
Even if some of the above things end up sucking, looks like $99 well spent to me.

Multiplayer beta made me want to vomit, luckily Titanfall 2 and BF1 fill that void, will wait on reviews for campaign as it looks interesting.

Gator86

0 hype here

Yup. It's not even worth renting based on the beta. MP was fucking garbage and the story is always half-assed dreck. The last one I finished, AW, was the most by the numbers shit I can recall playing. I wish people would just let the franchise die and go play good games instead. There's a dozen better shooters out right now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
M
Edit: Here and the beta thread, I saw people saying it's the worst CoD experience they've had. Wondering if those same folks played Ghosts at launch.

I dunno if this is as bad as Ghosts, but the beta was bad enough that I'm definitely not buying the game. I didn't like MW3 and Ghosts, and this game is strike three as far as I'm concerned for the post-Respawn Infinity Ward team. Done with their games.

Skunkers

I am gonna wait to hear how the campaign is, but if it sounds good, then I will buy it for $10 or so after the price drops like a brick.

Good luck with that, it'll be a minute. The bad thing about the CoD series insane popularity is that it'll take about 4 years to hit $10. BO2 on last gen still typically runs over $20 new and is just now hitting under $10 used. Current gen Ghosts is generally still well over $20 even used.

In regards to the OP, im hyped as fuck for the campaign. This is what I've wanted ever since the series started heading futuristic in BO2, and all the campaign gameplay released thus far looks awesome.

LQX

0, but I know I will eventually get it but really soured me with the PC release of BLOPSIII last year. They just do not give shit about the PC crowd in the long run.

Djostikk

No hype, I'm skipping this over BF1 and Titanfall 2. I would buy MWR if it will be sold separately.

I've played every major CoD entry, expect for Call of Duty 3, cause it was console exclusive.

RoKKeR

After playing the Beta, 0.

That being said, I think the campaign looks fairly decent and I really want CoD4.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

5olid_5nake

Not really feeling it, it just seems it's doing the same shit over and over again. Maybe I'll get it when the price drops just for the campaign, but currently I am more interested in Titanfall 2.

Chris1

Didn't play the beta and have zero interest in picking it up futuristic cod isn't for me and I'm not paying £70 for a 10 year old remaster.

Lucifon

Aiming doesn't seem right on consoles and the lag compensation/ttk issues made it frustrating to play. Hype levels at a minimum after that beta. If it wasn't for MWR I'd have cancelled my preorder.

zero86r

Nah zero hype, on the plus side I finally picked up BO3 cheap to play the campaign and maybe a bit of MP. Will probably do the same for IW.

Very hopeful for the campaign based on what I've seen. Hopefully a decent length.

Low expectations for the MP. Not really my speed anymore and there are several better alternatives out right now. Maybe it'll entertain me for a week or two but I don't expect it too.

It's basically an expansion to the MW:R for me. If the campaign is fulfilling it'll be worth $20 to me.

I've kept up with every release since COD 2, but I still haven't finished Black Ops III and I think I'm gonna tap out. I won't skip a release either.

UrbanRats

I wish I could just buy the campaign.

This.
The last CoD i played was MW2, and the last CoD i enjoyed was CoD2.

I don't care about the mp, i wish they would go back to focus on the campaign, like in the first few CoDs.

This campaign looks pretty cool though.

Trash but playing it made me realise that I really miss the cod gunplay which is still there somewhere so day one for the remaster MP. Do we know already if it's a separate download? 120 gig for a single game would be brutal.

Some potentially interesting numbers for you from my heavily CoD-centric twitter followers:

Initial beta impressions poll, 8827 votes:

"I like it" 30%
"I am neutral right now" 39%
"I do not like it" 31%

Closing beta impressions, 7000 votes thus far:

"I liked it" 32%
"I am neutral" 30%
"I did not like it" 38%

The initial poll was done after the first weekend, so at that point only PS4 players had been able to play. The second poll is ongoing now and was started once the beta had ended on all platforms.

Seems like the majority of people who were undecided and neutral after the first weekend ended up feeling negative about the game once they'd had more time with it.

Really hoping IW Zombies is strong!

Hip Hop

I'm alright, as a big fan of the series, it's a day one regardless of the negative opinions the beta had.

But I can say this is the least excited I have ever been for a COD game.

Heartfyre

Infinite Warfare would have to hit a low bar to be not worth the extra €20 I spent over Modern Warfare Remastered. MWR was well worth €60 on its own, after all (and is probably what they'll charge for it standalone anyway).

I'm in for Infinite Warfare's campaign, so if that winds up good, I'm pleased overall. Probably won't touch multiplayer since I have Modern Warfare Remastered.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
People acknowledging its not a good game but still buying it...you do know you're part of the problem, right? :)

Kinda same with people who are buying it just for MWR. I mean, I know you want MWR, but this is sending the wrong message in the area where it counts the most: sales. So, if it works, and IW sells a ton even if it's rated poorly by critics and shooter fans, will mean Activision will know how to manipulate gamers.

Re-release MW2 with anything they're not confident about, and it'll do well. Sound marketing strategy if ever. Just saying that "vote with your wallet" thing should apply to games that deserve it.

But yeah, people are definitely free to do what they want to do and such. But don't be surprised if Acti does it again next time -- least of all, don't complain if MW2R is tucked away again.

Fbh

Campaign looks fun but multiplayer looks a lot like Black Ops 3 and user impressions of it have been terrible. So I think I'll go for either Battlefield or Titanfall and stay with Black Ops 3 (which I think will still remain a decent user base).

Also no Co-op campaign sucks. I know that here on Gaf the campaign of Black Ops 3 is considered the worst thing in gaming history. But I had an absolute blast playing it with 2 friends in Co.op

Top Bottom