• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

thefro

I'm not sure who this really caters to? I think it looks interesting but will wait to see more these types of games get old after an hour or so I guess they are counting on people playing by default because it's Zelda. Maybe next year is the year of Link? He's in Smash, Majora's remake, Wii U title announced and this?

Like most of the other things Nintendo does, it's probably for Wii U owners in Japan more than elsewhere.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I love dynasty warriors and samurai warriors, but how is this not fire emblem? Could've been sooo much better.
Seriously, are we only gonna able to play as link? FE has hundreds of characters for the choosing. This is a pretty silly move by ninty.

Nimajneb

Finally, a Zelda game with new gameplay that doesn't stick to the same old formula. It's exactly what everyone on the internet wanted!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not sure who this really caters to? I think it looks interesting but will wait to see more these types of games get old after an hour or so I guess they are counting on people playing by default because it's Zelda. Maybe next year is the year of Link? He's in Smash, Majora's remake, Wii U title announced and this?

It caters to the huge Japanese audience that loves Musou but not Zelda. Gets them interested in both the Wii U and the Zelda franchise.

Really if anything Nintendo this game shows that Nintendo is willing to cater to niche fan bases. Bayo 2, SMTxFE, now the Musou fanbase? These games sure as hell aren't gonna be massive sellers but getting these niche type games to diversify the line-up is better than nothing.

QUOTE=Seraphis Cain;93995263]It caters to the huge Japanese audience that loves Musou but not Zelda. Gets them interested in both the Wii U and the Zelda franchise.[/QUOTE]

It also gives the Warrior's game a footing in the west where Zelda is known but the Warriors franchise isnt.

Anteo

Maybe it's ugly to get 60fps? (Lol)

Will probably buy if a lot of Zelda characters are in it. It the metacritic is above 70, I will be surprised and will definitely buy.

And of course there's no AI. It's a musou game. Hope it sells well in Japan.

Nah, going by other musou games, is ugly to get lots of characters on screen, fps be dammed. And even then you will see popup here and there

erawsd

It looks like a bad fan mod of Dynasty Warriors. Nintendo must be really desperate to let Koei get its hands on Zelda.

upandaway

Okay now I remember what it reminded me of, Zengeki no Reginleiv. I really wanted to try that game out but it never came over.

This looks cool to me. As long as it's not as easy as the trailer makes it appear.

I wanted an improvement on Zelda's combat system. This wasn't exactly what I want but the spin-off is welcomed despite I don't like DW series.

with some couple of minutes from this game and people are already saying it is crap, zelda franchise being diluted, blah blah blah

never change GAF, giving definitive comments based on early code and short video.

I dont know if I will like the game, but at least I need to see more.

Camwi

This is a Musou game so that likely means multiple characters unless it's just Link with all of his weapons as shown in the trailer. Putting my money on the following.

Adult Link, Zelda (not Shiek but ala Twilight Princess), a Goron, a Hyrule Guard, Impa.

I don't see Gandandorf being a playable character but instead an enemy. It makes no sense for him to fight on the side of Hyrule. I don't see Toon Link either due to the style of the game.

The enemies are usually playable, though, like Orochi.

This makes perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect sense given how much fun Zelda was in Nintendo land. It almost feels like an inspiration from that and recognition that the gameplay of Zelda doesn't have to be traditional anymore to be fun.

Yawnier

Banned
Welp, looks like I HAVE to buy a Wii U sometime next year. Omega Force's recent games (DW7, DW8, WO3) have been among the best Musou titles in the whole series so I have confidence in this one.

Hoodbury

I've been gaming since the 80's and have never heard the term "Musou" before. WTF does that mean?

I'm so lost but this does look kinda fun to me. Would this be like a $20 game? Or is this a full fledged $60 title?

Do "Musou" games typically have multiplayer? Seems like it would be fun to run around with 2 or 3 friends doing what they are doing in the trailer.

Piers

How did this slip past Miyamoto or Tezuka?
Interesting spin but Musuo's gameplay makes me go braindead. There's only so much 'WOW LOOK AT HOW MANY UNITS YOU'RE HITTING OMG' excites me before it peters out.

I think a Zelda styled stage with Link, in a Dynasty Warriors Wii U game, would of been more appropriate imo

Err, yay?

This should at least make Tecmo Koei feel good - they've not experienced the masses clamoring for anything of theirs for years.

Partnering up with Tecmo to make a Zelda Dynasty Warriors game only makes me more concerned that Nintendo is more lost than I had previously thought.

Jarate

Banned
So go buy Gundam or Ken right now. Let's face it, without the Link skin people in here wouldn't even look at this. Sad.

there's actually a bit of a fanbase out here in the west, enough for them to practically release every single musou game, even those based off of anime series never released here.

Go and play Gundam 3, or Dynasty Warriors 8. Seriously, those are really good games.

Stulaw

It's a bit like the fight near the end of Skyward sword except with magic.

Roster predictions:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf
Ghirahim
Durania/Goron
Ruto/Zora
Impa
Vaati
Majora/Skull Kid
Fierce Diety
Tingle.

with some couple of minutes from this game and people are already saying it is crap, zelda franchise being diluted, blah blah blah

never change GAF, giving definitive comments based on early code and short video.

I dont know if I will like the game, but at least I need to see more.

It looked fucking atrocious in a promo vid.

I can't blame them.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I love dynasty warriors and samurai warriors, but how is this not fire emblem? Could've been sooo much better.
Seriously, are we only gonna able to play as link? FE has hundreds of characters for the choosing. This is a pretty silly move by ninty.

Fire Emblem Warriors would be AMAZING

monome

not a bad in-between game until Zelda WiiU hits.

and maybe a hint that Nintendo understands fast paced Link is best Link?

Camwi

That sounds awesome, too. The more the better. I haven't played a Musou spinoff that I haven't loved.

Yamauchi

Banned
The game needs a lot of work.

That said, I enjoy the Musou games. I beat DW2-6 and a lot of the Empires games as well. They can be a lot of fun, and playing it in Hyrule should be interesting.

jonno394

What characters are confirmed? Give me Link, Hero's Spirit, Zant, Ghirahim, Sheikh, Ganondorf, Ganon, Fierce Deity link and a few more and i'll buy it.

Looks pretty cool though, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the majority of the variety in the Musou games come from the ludicrous amount of playable characters? I guess if they can pack that all in to one or or two (like a playable Sheik), that would be cool. Either way, looks like it could be a good distraction until proper Zelda comes out.

Fire Emblem Musou makes too much fucking sense but I'm guessing they thought it would be overkill to have 2 Fire Emblem collaboration games with SMT x FE still out there. Its called Hyrule Warriors so I'm assuming there will be more characters.

Top Bottom