• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamel

Banned
I recall the Indian cricket board asked cricketers wife's and girlfriends to leave the players alone on long tours. This happened after India lost a tour really badly last year

The fact that they didn't get any action during the tour probably hindered their performance more.

Omikron

Clarke retiring from ODI cricket after the final. Not really a surprise. Hoping to prolong his test career as long as possible.

Clarke retiring from ODI cricket after the final. Not really a surprise. Hoping to prolong his test career as long as possible.

Abuot time the ODI format was passing him by, much like the T20 format not suiting his "style". Won't be long before he can't keep up with what's required (fitness wise and will likely lose his cricket "touch" as he ages) to play test matches. Wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to play out the next Australian summer then retire from tests too.

Ffs the game starts in 3 hours and I haven't slept yet. Was hoping to watch the whole of this game but I'll probably wake up near the end of the 1st innings.

Game4life

Banned
Lol did he actually say this? Seeing all of this floating around my facebook feed. Anyhow I think most neutrals will support New Zealand obviously.

17382_624336701032459_12196436333525571_n.jpg

11083892_10153154302212999_2923505478168500598_n.jpg

master15

Very pumped for this. As someone that grew up in Australia but lived 9 years in Auckland although I am rooting for Aussie, I won't be heart-broken if Kiwi's win given the brand of cricket they play.

I honestly feel McCullum is they key. If he does what he has done pretty much every tournament and dismantle Starc/Johnson they are with a shot. If we can get him holding out to a big boundary I think we could really pile on the pressure.

Should be good.

Yagharek

I hope this game is a good a contest as the nz v sa semi final, or as close as the aus v nz group game. Minus batting collapses or rain interruption.

I'm going for Australia obviously but will not be sad if nz win as they are a fantastic team and people like Vettori are one of the best things about cricket.

Hoping for a cracking game either way, with standout performance from mccullum and smith and starc and guptil and Vettori and faulkner. Just everyone at their best will make me happy.

DeSo

Banned
Nervous. We're probably favourites but the Kiwis have all the momentum. Hopefully they played their big game against SA. Will be into the beers as soon as the game starts which should help settle the nerves.

hamchan

Going for Australia but will still be happy to see NZ win. They are a pretty great side and it'll be fun to see them win the World Cup for the first time.

Going for Australia but won't mind if new Zealand win as long as we get a great game out of it.

That is my sentiments exactly.

The team I'd like most to beat us is New Zealand, however, I wouldn't like that too much.

Let's hope it goes the distance and is a tight finish. They are the two best teams but I think australia has a bit more depth and playing at home might have the edge.

I'm logging off from here, can't do GAF and watch it at the same time! Cmon Aussies!!!

Lol did he actually say this? Seeing all of this floating around my facebook feed. Anyhow I think most neutrals will support New Zealand obviously.

11083892_10153154302212999_2923505478168500598_n.jpg

Don't know if he said that or wrote that open letter.

Sounds like some Indian fan / anti Australian fan came up with them to me.

I doubt it because the term "rooting" doesn't get used in Australia and New Zealand I think, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Omikron

I fully expect channel 9 to not cover the presentation ceremony post game. Turned it on just now and no pre match. Just awful level of coverage.

Yagharek

I fully expect channel 9 to not cover the presentation ceremony post game. Turned it on just now and no pre match. Just awful level of coverage.

I just assume they will play crazy frog in between betting ads and then still get disappointed every time the commentators open their dumb fuck mouths.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuuuuuu, bowling first could be tricky for us. Despite the fact that we're good chasers I still don't trust us when it comes to chasing.

ranmafan

This has been a great tournament and today will be a fun day. Hope it's a fantastic final. Love both teams a lot but if I have to pick one today going to root for New Zealand. It would be nice to see them win one finally. But Australia would be a great winner as well. It's going to be fun.

Time for bold predictions (fevered dreams ).

Mccullum , 100 off 66 balls.
Williamson the glue to the end.
Anderson to close out the innings with a quick fire 50.

300 plus score to put the squeeze on the Aussies.

Boult to knock off the top.
Vettori to squeeze the middle order.

NZ to win by 30 runs plus, Aussie all out in the 45th over.

Omikron

I just assume they will play crazy frog in between betting ads and then still get disappointed every time the commentators open their dumb fuck mouths.

I usually vent directly at WWOS / Brad McNamara on twitter. He blocked me for a while, but when I looked at his feed I found this gem.

9Ao8VEf.png

Utterly unsurprising. Run by a boys club.

I didn't think those images of McCullum were real but it seems like some sites are reporting on them, so they might be. I do know that McCullum wrote a letter thanking NZ fans for their support though.

Nervous as hell here. I'm optimistic but know we're up against it and am confident in the team. So long as we don't embarrass ourselves, like we made a habit of between the Fleming era and this current one, I think I'll be happy no matter what. Second place looks pretty good when you start in the gutter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I didn't think those images of McCullum were real but it seems like some sites are reporting on them, so they might be. I do know that McCullum wrote a letter thanking NZ fans for their support though.

Nervous as hell here. I'm optimistic but know we're up against it and am confident in the team. So long as we don't embarrass ourselves, like we made a habit of between the Fleming era and this current one, I think I'll be happy no matter what. Second place looks pretty good when you start in the gutter.

How did you guys start in the gutter? You were the favorites coming into the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom