• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over for NZ. Best player is out at 0 and they are struggling to find runs against this Australian bowling team. I predict 150 all out for NZ.

It's over for NZ. Best player is out at 0 and they are struggling to find runs against this Australian bowling team. I predict 150 all out for NZ.

Nah, just need to see off the new ball and then cash in against Maxwell/Watson in the middle overs. Get to the last 12-15 overs with seven/eight wickets in hand and go berserk.

Worst thing New Zealand can do now is to panic and try to up the run rate too early because that is the way to be dismissed for 150.

Yagharek

Could the get more ad's on them stumps.

Illuminated bails could flash with the McDonald's logo.

A fourth stump could be added along with a third bail.

Stump microphone could broadcast betting odds between deliveries.

Each stump could be a wrap around screen smart display for changing adverts each ball.

Middle stump could launch fireworks that burst into a sponsor logo.

Just a few ideas.

jey_16

Banned

lol....pitch doesn't look like its doing much, if these 2 survive for a while longer then they will post a decent total. Anything 250+ is going to be tough to chase in a final

Illuminated bails could flash with the McDonald's logo.

A fourth stump could be added along with a third bail.

Stump microphone could broadcast betting odds between deliveries.

Each stump could be a wrap around screen smart display for changing adverts each ball.

Middle stump could launch fireworks that burst into a sponsor logo.

Just a few ideas.

Umpires could use sponsor logos to signal 4s and 6s. Draw a MCD logo for a 4, draw the Pepsi logo for a 6. In the air of course.

Ball to have a chunk taken out so it looks more like Apples logo.

Some good bowling and fielding to keep the R/R down so low.

Instead of 1-50 over, each over will have a sponsor name.

Captial First Over
HSBC Over
Microsoft Over

Mitchel Jhonson will be bowling the Coca Cola Over. Drink a coke and enjoy the show. Let us see if he can take a Coke Wicket. Remember, if he takes a wicket he gets to have a coke out there on the field. He can choose from Regular Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke.
Mitchell Jhonson has got his man. Now the question on everyone's mind is which coke will be choose to drink. You can tweet what coke you would drink using the hashtag #CokeOver

good starts are a difference between win and loss

Not really, conserving wickets until the 35 over mark and then flicking the T20 switch is the difference these days.

Well shit, looks like the Black Caps have devolved back into the Black Craps. This sucks. C'mon Taylor and Elliot, save us some dignity at least.

good starts are a difference between win and loss

Not with the new rules, a good start doesn't make much difference when it comes to the final total. All about keeping wickets in hand nowadays because two new balls means the ball still pings off the bat at the end of the innings and there are fewer fielders outside the circle so it's easy to score at 10 RPO.

EDIT: Or what liquid said.

ok I change my prediction. This NZ team is too nervous. I now predict <100 all out maybe maybe 120 to 130. Easy championship for Australia.

Not with the new rules, a good start doesn't make much difference when it comes to the final total. All about keeping wickets in hand nowadays because two new balls means the ball still pings off the bat at the end of the innings and there are fewer fielders outside the circle so it's easy to score at 10 RPO.

EDIT: Or what liquid said.

Not really, conserving wickets until the 35 over mark and then flicking the T20 switch is the difference these days.

Well shit, looks like the Black Caps have devolved back into the Black Craps. This sucks. C'mon Taylor and Elliot, save us some dignity at least.

ok let me elaborate on what i mean. for nz they have 4 main batsman (mccllum, taylor, guptil, williamson). for them a good start is vital otherwise it would put too much pressure on the others later on + williamson has been shit this tournament.

mccllum was the key wicket, he went out early and so did nz hopes and dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom