• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I don't get that from the umpires. Make a decision one way or another first then let the teams decide if they want to use a review.

Nah I disagree with that. If the umpires are unsure then they should be free to go upstairs as much as they want. I wouldn't want them to just guess.

WOOOO another one!!!

Wow this powerplay took a turn.

legend166

I don't get that from the umpires. Make a decision one way or another first then let the teams decide if they want to use a review.

The umpires have always had the ability to use the third umpire to check if a catch was clean or if there was a bump ball. No reason to get rid of that.

Another wicket!!!

Fuck. Rosco throws another start away, though that was a great catch from Haddin. Oh well, full credit to him for helping this recovery, we were up shits creek when he came in.

And fuck, Anderson gone too. FFS.

kmag

Nah I disagree with that. If the umpires are unsure then they should be free to go upstairs as much as they want. I wouldn't want them to just guess.

WOOOO another one!!!

Wow this powerplay took a turn.

Nope, the ICC decided to make a tactical decision system with limited reviews for each team either use it or don't. It's unfair to teams to occasionally say oh we're unsure for bump catches or bump ball (that was never a bump ball so fuck knows what they were review that for) so we'll go upstairs and check everything. They're happy to guess LBW and front foot no balls (on the rare occasion they actually call one on field). If they want to do that get rid of team controlled DRS.

Lovely ball but this over now.

Fuck. Rosco throws another start away, though that was a great catch from Haddin. Oh well, full credit to him for helping this recovery, we were up shits creek when he came in.

And fuck, Anderson gone too. FFS.

I think Taylor was at the point where he had to hit out or get out, though he would have hoped Anderson lasted longer.

Edit: Cya Ronchi, wonder if you can qualify for a third team in time for the next world cup? Tuvalu perhaps? :p

legend166

I still feel like if it's hitting the stumps it's hitting the stumps. This half a ball business is lame.

I understand it. It's not 100% so it gives some benefit of the doubt to the umpire.

What I don't get is when they do it for whether the ball is hitting in line or not. There's no prediction in that. It's based off information we already have.

I still feel like if it's hitting the stumps it's hitting the stumps. This half a ball business is lame.

No it's not. The point of DRS is to reverse shocking decisions, not umpire the game itself, so an umpires decision is only overturned if it's definitely wrong, not just "maybe." It's fine the way it is.

Vettori's gone. Into the tail now. Based off the way our other three sloggers went, Southee probably won't last long.

Dahbomb

Man this is painful to watch...

The pressure of having to win the WC for the first time has gotten to NZ where as for Aus it's like "hey we have already won a bunch of these... let's just play the best we can!"

Maybe they can produce some magic with the bowling.. they have done it a few times in this world cup.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Because of the underarm bowl from waaaay back when I could understand it.

The best part is lots of Australians have forgotten that.

Kiwis however... when ever I go over there for work it comes up a good number of times from different people... even on first meetings.

dejay

Banned
The best part is lots of Australians have forgotten that.

Kiwis however... when ever I go over there for work it comes up a good number of times from different people... even on first meetings.

Yeah, well, we should never be allowed to forget that. That was pathetic.

What have they done? Feel free to address this question after the game if you want to focus on watching.

• Slashed funding for associate nations
  • Told Associates they're not wanted in the World Cup even though the next World Cup will take even longer than this one
  • Scrapped the future tours programme so now the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will never play Australia and we'll get more pointless two test series for teams like Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
  • The need to keep the IPL window open will mean that whatever test cricket is left will be crammed into shorter windows so pray for fast bowlers playing back to back to back games.
  • It's OK though because the Ashes will survive and India will make sure they get theirs, so who cares that the rest of the cricketing world is slowly dying.
  • I don't know if it came to pass in the end but the big three definitely proposed to slash the funding for the ACSU and put the savings into a shared pot, of which they receive the lions share ofc.
  • The revamped ACSU would then report to the head of the executive board, who would have the final say on matters of corruption.
  • That person being a certain Mr. Srinivasan, who was so dodgy that the Indian Supreme Court found his presidency of the BCCI "nauseating" and forced him to step down from that post.

That is the stuff off the top of my head, fuck knows what other dodgy shit they've either pulled or tried to pull over the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom