• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentators waxing lyrical about the atmosphere at the ground, so they show a replay of McCullum's dismissal as a perfect example.

Only god forbid we can't hear that bellend Mark Nicholas for three seconds, so they don't turn up the crowd noise so it sounds like the middle of a boring draw at Lords.

ok let me elaborate on what i mean. for nz they have 4 main batsman (mccllum, taylor, guptil, williamson). for them a good start is vital otherwise it would put too much pressure on the others later on + williamson has been shit this tournament.

mccllum was the key wicket, he went out early and so did nz hopes and dream

And what of all the other times McCullum has gotten out early but we've still won? Are those just miracles?

A good start is great, especially in a big chase like the semi, giving the other batsmen some room to move, but it's nowhere near as important as you're claiming. The last 15 overs are the most important part of the innings, they're the difference between good batting teams (Aus, SA, NZ, India, etc.) and bad ones (England, Pakistan).

Sure, we're looking like we're going to get thrashed, but it's not because McCullum got out for a duck. It's because Guptill and Williamson threw their wickets away playing some horrific shots.

Oxirane

Commentators waxing lyrical about the atmosphere at the ground, so they show a replay of McCullum's dismissal as a perfect example.

Only god forbid we can't hear that bellend Mark Nicholas for three seconds, so they don't turn up the crowd noise so it sounds like the middle of a boring draw at Lords.

I assume he kept talking while they queued up the correct footage; they accidentally replayed Johnson's wicket.

no but seriously NZ fans i wouldn't give up just yet. Remember the group stage game between these 2? it was a super close game with very low runs.

Yagharek

no but seriously NZ fans i wouldn't give up just yet. Remember the group stage game between these 2? it was a super close game with very low runs.

Yeah, this is definitely plausible as nz have southee and vettori. I hope this isn't a wipeout, I want to see a contest.

But this bowling and fielding is just incredible. Suffocating New Zealand

kmag

That was a terrible decision. The appeal got it which is ridiculous when you consider how that completely weights the DRS.

Just as I'm starting to appreciate these two batsmen playing sensible cricket and building a proper partnership they cut to this fucking bullshit PR nonsense with Srinivasan. Get this shitbag off my screen.

kmag

I don't know why Faulkner doesn't bowl his varieties in his first spell. Your stock ball by itself is shit bro.

The variations are more useful when the opposition is going hard. A player who had Faulkner like variations who overused them to the point where the only describable talent he had was rendered useless was England's Jade Dernbach who is/was a medium pacer with every variation under the sun and started his international career well but fell off a cliff when he started using his variations throughout the innings. Players could then just pick them in the PP and the end.

kmag

solid rebuild by NZ here, game is getting good

These two need to get them to the powerplay with ideally with 130-150 on the board. That would give Anderson, Ronchi, Vettori, Henry (who can legitimately bat) and Southee (who can't but who can hit it a hell of a long way) a platform to go at it.

Rezbit

The variations are more useful when the opposition is going hard. A player who had Faulkner like variations who overused them to the point where the only describable talent he had was rendered useless was England's Jade Dernbach who is/was a medium pacer with every variation under the sun and started his international career well but fell off a cliff when he started using his variations throughout the innings. Players could then just pick them in the PP and the end.

Yeah good point, but I feel this 130km ball every ball is pretty predictable.

Like all the commentators.

Seriously they should just turn the gain up on the stump microphone and let us listen to on field voices instead.

The commentators are useless but at least they're harmless, unlike the aforementioned old men who have done their best to try and ruin the sport while lining their own pockets.

Even Blatter's most insane move, the Qatar World Cup, pales into insignificance when compared to the shit those fuckers have pulled.

How long before Taylor runs someone out?

Almost!

Yagharek

The commentators are useless but at least they're harmless, unlike the aforementioned old men who have done their best to try and ruin the sport while lining their own pockets.

Even Blatter's most insane move, the Qatar World Cup, pales into insignificance when compared to the shit those fuckers have pulled.

Almost!

What have they done? Feel free to address this question after the game if you want to focus on watching.

kmag

I don't get that from the umpires. Make a decision one way or another first then let the teams decide if they want to use a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom