• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just sad now.

I understand it. It's not 100% so it gives some benefit of the doubt to the umpire.

What I don't get is when they do it for whether the ball is hitting in line or not. There's no prediction in that. It's based off information we already have.

The Umpires Call stuff is just accounting for the margin of error, if its a centimetre here or there between hitting in line or not then giving the umpire the benefit of the doubt seems OK to me.

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
Really hope the kiwis bowlers make a game of it. Would be disappointing to have the final wrapped up easily after a great run by them.

DeSo

Banned
They still gotta make the runs, but wow that was about a complete bowling and fielding performance as you could want.
Spot on, incredible performance by the Aussies. The pitch looks true so the Kiwis will have to bowl and field out of their skins.

Skux

The cricket gods work in mysterious ways

TqWiRQP.png

Yagharek

• Slashed funding for associate nations
  • Told Associates they're not wanted in the World Cup even though the next World Cup will take even longer than this one
  • Scrapped the future tours programme so now the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will never play Australia and we'll get more pointless two test series for teams like Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
  • The need to keep the IPL window open will mean that whatever test cricket is left will be crammed into shorter windows so pray for fast bowlers playing back to back to back games.
  • It's OK though because the Ashes will survive and India will make sure they get theirs, so who cares that the rest of the cricketing world is slowly dying.
  • I don't know if it came to pass in the end but the big three definitely proposed to slash the funding for the ACSU and put the savings into a shared pot, of which they receive the lions share ofc.
  • The revamped ACSU would then report to the head of the executive board, who would have the final say on matters of corruption.
  • That person being a certain Mr. Srinivasan, who was so dodgy that the Indian Supreme Court found his presidency of the BCCI "nauseating" and forced him to step down from that post.

That is the stuff off the top of my head, fuck knows what other dodgy shit they've either pulled or tried to pull over the last year.

Wow. I guess that explains why we don't hear any of the complaints in Australia as it's all golden for the ACB.

Wow. I guess that explains why we don't hear any of the complaints in Australia as it's all golden for the ACB.

Yeah, they're happy to destroy the long term future of the game in favour of a short term cash grab. It's a complete disgrace, would happily take Sepp Blatter over the suits who currently run cricket.

Southee looking OK, just needs to bring that line 6-12 inches closer to the batsman. Can't afford to waste this new ball movement by bowling that wide.

EDIT: Here we go guys, HERE WE GO

bomma_man

• Slashed funding for associate nations
  • Told Associates they're not wanted in the World Cup even though the next World Cup will take even longer than this one
  • Scrapped the future tours programme so now the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will never play Australia and we'll get more pointless two test series for teams like Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
  • The need to keep the IPL window open will mean that whatever test cricket is left will be crammed into shorter windows so pray for fast bowlers playing back to back to back games.
  • It's OK though because the Ashes will survive and India will make sure they get theirs, so who cares that the rest of the cricketing world is slowly dying.
  • I don't know if it came to pass in the end but the big three definitely proposed to slash the funding for the ACSU and put the savings into a shared pot, of which they receive the lions share ofc.
  • The revamped ACSU would then report to the head of the executive board, who would have the final say on matters of corruption.
  • That person being a certain Mr. Srinivasan, who was so dodgy that the Indian Supreme Court found his presidency of the BCCI "nauseating" and forced him to step down from that post.

That is the stuff off the top of my head, fuck knows what other dodgy shit they've either pulled or tried to pull over the last year.

Awful. Is there any international sporting body that isn't corrupt to its core?

I actually don't give a shit if we win this. I feel like a Brisbane supporter in 2004. Give someone else a go.

"We need to take wickets, what should I do? Fuck it, just put everyone in the slips and try to convince people I know what I'm doing"

Fully prepared to look like a pillock if the ball goes to fourth slip.

hamchan

"We need to take wickets, what should I do? Fuck it, just put everyone in the slips and try to convince people I know what I'm doing"

Fully prepared to look like a pillock if the ball goes to fourth slip.

Almost just then....

Anyways, Australia with the high run rate as always.

AxeMan

Awful. Is there any international sporting body that isn't corrupt to its core?

I actually don't give a shit if we win this. I feel like a Brisbane supporter in 2004. Give someone else a go.

lol - no way. Win this and keep winning. I want Hawthorn to win every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom