• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia look like they will roll over everyone.

They will. They are hitting peak form just in time. the Tri series ODI's really showed what they could do against England and India which are/were two very good teams.

with Mitch Johnson back in the lineup...they are going to be terrifying on fast bouncy wickets. Warner, Smith and maxwell are also in great form

India have not won a game in the last series and maybe even more. They are terrible. Kohli can bat but he is a terrible captain and i think the entire team hates him.

Australia have this. England are done. Only NZ has a chance to take this from us.
Yea India has been terrible. Btw Kohli isnt the captain for ODIs. MS Dhoni will be leading the team, but he is not in form.

Also, dont forget about South Africa

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Australia will be strong, but south Africa and new Zealand are 2 equally strong teams. Can't get too cocky yet.

Yea India has been terrible. Btw Kohli isnt the captain for ODIs. MS Dhoni will be leading the team, but he is not in form.

Also, dont forget about South Africa

Yes you are right about Kohli, my mistake. Dhoni got a golden duck today which is funny.

Id say Aus > NZ > South Africa > Pakistan as my top 4.

Misbah to get pilloried by Pakistani fans and media for scoring 50 from 86 balls when the other batsmen combine for 30 runs between them.

Bowling to look like dogshit in every game except for the obligatory Afridi takes 7 wickets for two runs against an associate nation routine.

Afridi to reverse his "retirement" and accept the captaincy a week or two after the World Cup ends with yet another ignominious exit.

In other words, lets go Afghanistan.

haha... I doubt we will win with the current team... In other news, Hafeez is out with a calf injury and they brought in Nasir Jamshad instead of Ajmal or Fawad Alam... Seriously, PCB just sucks.

Fawad should have been in the squad to begin with but I can understand why Ajmal wasn't called up. Guy has just remodelled his action and hasn't played any proper cricket in a while, would be a big risk to bring him back in.

B.O.O.M

I really hope so. Something official of course would be nice, but pretty much can't seem to find any info on that end available to me. But hopefully tyere will be someway to watch it for me. Always wanted to watch the event. When I was younger living in the us it was practically impossible to watch, unless you had access to certain cable systems as well as the insane amount of money they wanted for the event, neither of which then I didnt. Hopefully this time something will come up.

I'm in the US now and usually willowcricket takes care of the official paid stream. If not yes no worries there will be plenty of unofficial streams :)

a couple of my favorite moments in the world cup from when I remember

WC 1992:
- Wasim Akram 2 wickets in 2 deliveries setting up a victory for Pakistan in the final

WC 1996:
- Watching the WC final between SL and Aus live in Lahore.

WC 1999:
- The South African choke

Antiwhippy

Nz getting torn up by Zimbabwe in the warm ups.

Dilshan from sri Lanka is going great against south Africa.

Rezbit

I expect Australia to be there at the pointy end.

I feel like AB is going to have a huge tournament though, SA definitely the danger side.

a couple of my favorite moments in the world cup from when I remember

WC 1992:
- Wasim Akram 2 wickets in 2 deliveries setting up a victory for Pakistan in the final

WC 1996:
- Watching the WC final between SL and Aus live in Lahore.

WC 1999:
- The South African choke

1992 was crazy year. 1996 srilanka was one of the most amazing team. jayasurya was just mind blowing.

As a life long SA fan 1999 i cried so much it is not funny. This is the cup they will win.

Aditya

Neo Member
I really have no hopes for India this time..We don't even have good batsmen to compensate for our ever abysmal bowling attack.

Apart from Australia is there any other team going in with any sort of momentum?

Antiwhippy

I really have no hopes for India this time..We don't even have good batsmen to compensate for our ever abysmal bowling attack.

Apart from Australia is there any other team going in with any sort of momentum?

South africa lost to us when they came over but they absolutely cleaned up the windies at home.

New Zealand swept through sri lanka and pakistan at home.

ranmafan

Yes! I finally found the offical stream for the World Cup for Japan. And thankfully the price for it was much much lower than I expected. If it had been the price that it is for the U.S., I wouldn't buy it. Thank goodness it's cheap here.

Pretty excited, always wanted to watch the tournament live but never could. Only got to the see highlights and such in the past. Still regret not getting the 92 final when I was young when it was on Pay per view when I lived in the states. One day I hope to see that game in full. Anyway, looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun!

Antiwhippy

Yes! I finally found the offical stream for the World Cup for Japan. And thankfully the price for it was much much lower than I expected. If it had been the price that it is for the U.S., I wouldn't buy it. Thank goodness it's cheap here.

Pretty excited, always wanted to watch the tournament live but never could. Only got to the see highlights and such in the past. Still regret not getting the 92 final when I was young when it was on Pay per view when I lived in the states. One day I hope to see that game in full. Anyway, looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun!

Nice, what provider is available in japan? Actually kinda surprised there's one considering that japan isn't a cricket country.

Vaddon

Good effort by Zimbabwe and Bangladesh today even though they were just warm ups. Quite looking forward to the warm up matches tonight, particularly Afghanistan vs India.

ranmafan

Nice, what provider is available in japan? Actually kinda surprised there's one considering that japan isn't a cricket country.

Me too, didn't expect to find one at all since pretty much no one knows of the sport here except those from cricketing countries it seems. In fact those that have heard of it are quite surprised I'm a fan of it, being an American and all. Apparently one of the main broadcasters, Star Sports, has the rights to Japan and any other country not showing the event. I wonder how many people will even know about that too. The very few people who like cricket in Japan probably have no idea they can watch it here.

Can't believe it's been 4 years!!!

Edit: Wait what? NZ are good now? AUS back to best? SA same as always?

As usual I'll support Pakistan because my cousin is half Pakistani, I have a few Pakistani friends and I feel sorry for the discrimination they get because of terrorism and such.

Also their flag is closest to Turkish flag lol. And geographically closest cricketing country to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom