• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Trailer and Screens - Spring 2011

Seda

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...ssus-collection-hits-ps3-spring-2011-with-3d/

It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies. Watch the reveal video, straight from the Sony Computer Entertainment keynote at Tokyo Game Show, below.

4994731517_8422cfd2a3_m.jpg

ICO
4994602277_f7ec88dd25_b.jpg

4994602463_b59d0a6378_b.jpg

4994602349_607b86a3c8_b.jpg

SOTC
4995208716_0117b7e61b_b.jpg

4995208642_a20b9d11b5_b.jpg

4994602139_32058f2d9f_b.jpg

(larger sizes available)

Youtube

GameTrailers

Some details
(from Kotaku Liveblog)
-Release set for Spring 2011
-Will be on one disc for NA/EU release.
-Ico features the European release
-Ico will be re-framed for high-definition resolution
-Both will be re-textured(?)
-30FPS

UPDATE March 2011

Gameplay vids, courtesy of N30RYU.

Kuraine

Neo Member
I honestly can't believe how good ICO looks in HD. There's some subtlety to the animations and facial details I didn't even know existed in the PS2 version.

The HD trailer is just amazing.

Zeliard

Now you can actually see some of the more intricate texturing. FFXII through emulation is much the same way.

Yoboman

4994602463_b59d0a6378_b.jpg

Textures on the wall and the things that move when you take Yorda to them seem a lot higher res. Maybe Yorda too and Ico's face?

Both look amazing

Tailzo

Cels said:
720p/30fps/3d support

PS Blog said:
It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies. Watch the reveal video, straight from the Sony Computer Entertainment keynote at Tokyo Game Show, below.
Isn't Full HD 1080p?

Bebpo said:
ICO looks way better for some reason. SoTC looks a bit washed out.
I think Ico was built to be seen more closeup, SoTC was made for large panning shots and huge enviroments. The textures will look better in Ico because of this.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Graphically, ICO looks better that SOTC, but that's obviously due to the sheer size of SOTC's environment.

I haven't played either game for a while, so I welcome this bundle. Still have my original PAL releases (cardboard with art cards included).

Styles

Guess it's time for me to finally get on the bandwagon. Couldn't find any ICO or Sotc here so this is excellent news. Screens look impressive.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
A little disappointed at the 30fps, but whatever... Stoked overall.

Cels

StuBurns said:
How do you know this?

I wasn't clear enough - we know for certain that 3D gaming is limited to 720p natively on PS3, which is why I put 720p/30fps/3D together in my first post. Maybe the 2D version will have different attributes? No idea on that.

Yoboman

I think ICO has had a lot of work done remastering, and Shadow of the Colossus not much so far. Could use some higher res self shadowing and environment shadows. Is that asking too much?:D

Yoboman

Dacvak said:
A little disappointed at the 30fps, but whatever... Stoked overall.
Ueda said in his conference he is making them 30 FPS because that's what he originally designed them as

I'll be double-dipping for each game. I cannot fucking wait. I hope Ico has the 2-player-ness and the light saber from the euro version.

So the NA version will have the alternate ending, great! Does this mean we'll have yorda's language translated , like the european version?

Salsa

Yoboman said:
Ueda said in his conference he is making them 30 FPS because that's what he originally designed them as

Hah.

I remember when i said that 60fps would break a bit of the game´s atmosphere and everybody raged/laughed at me.

Glad to see Ueda agrees.

Top Bottom