• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

Yamibito said:
I live in the UK and just managed to get my order placed here.

You legend, I forgot about these guys. Just looked back at my order history with them, I spent so much money in the PS2, DS, GC days, crazy crazy!

My UK preorder still stands for Ico/SotC too, I probably won't open the Japanese version, it will just go in my Ico/SotC collection :D

denomes

KennyLinder said:
You legend, I forgot about these guys. Just looked back at my order history with them, I spent so much money in the PS2, DS, GC days, crazy crazy!

My UK preorder still stands for Ico/SotC too, I probably won't open the Japanese version, it will just go in my Ico/SotC collection :D

So this site is legit? I'm gonna bite.

denomes said:
So this site is legit? I'm gonna bite.

Yeah totally, bought many, many games and systems from them over the years. I remember very early in PS2 days if a game shipped from them on Friday (Asia), it would arrive Monday in UK. Amazing. Since then they introduced distribution centres in the UK which was great. Zero import tax then :)

denomes

KennyLinder said:
Yeah totally, bought many, many games and systems from them over the years. I remember very early in PS2 days if a game shipped from them on Friday (Asia), it would arrive Monday in UK. Amazing. Since then they introduced distribution centres in the UK which was great. Zero import tax then :)

Thanks for the tip. Bought!

Was it $129.99 over at PlayAsia as well? Either way, I'm just happy to secure one. I'll likely get the NTSC version too, just for kicks.

YesAsia seems to have increased their price from when the item first came up for pre-order. I ordered mine for ~$116.99 a few months ago, but they have increased it to $129.99 since.
Still good though since it is out of stock elsewhere and there are no custom charges (at least for Canada) when ordering from them.

LiK

Leshita said:
YesAsia seems to have increased their price from when the item first came up for pre-order. I ordered mine for ~$116.99 a few months ago, but they have increased it to $129.99 since.
Still good though since it is out of stock elsewhere and there are no custom charges (at least for Canada) when ordering from them.

damn, i also ordered when it's $116.99. guess demand is causing everyone to hike them for maximum profit.

colinp

Banned
LiK said:
damn, i also ordered when it's $116.99. guess demand is causing everyone to hike them for maximum profit.

Couldn't it be because of the recent weakening of the dollar versus the strengthening of the yen?

LiK

colinp said:
Couldn't it be because of the recent weakening of the dollar versus the strengthening of the yen?

i dunno, P-A and Yesasia are both based in HK. i think they're just raising the prices.

panty

krYlon said:
Is there a reason why Play Asia don't export to the UK? Really infuriating.
LiK said:
That whole Sony thing.
That's really weird because it used to be a problem for me too since I live in Finland and they wouldn't ship any Sony products to Europe but now the ban has been lifted and they ship PS3 games here.

I've played ICO. I just don't remember much about the dialogue but it's good to have people confirmed here that you don't need to know Japanese to play through it.

I also like the Japanese covers better. It may not be a good reason for some to import but it's the same reason I will not buy blu-ray from Amazon UK because of the rating labels on the cover and spine really turn me off.

StuBurns said:
Out of interest, why do you want to pay for a costly import version of a game you haven't played?

Dreweyes

In the game menu, does anyone know where I can find a high res of the game choice screen art that the screen shows as it goes from game to game. I thought it was really well done, and the colossus selection screen art matches perfectly with the ico cover art.

Was that art that was created for Shadow of the Colossus before that? I had never noticed it, looks just like the Ico painting. Thanks.

Top Bottom