• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

SamuraiX-

shagg_187 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...to-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

So fucking hot.

This collection is gonna deliver!

Zoibie

SamBishop said:
I'm not really sure what else to tell. There's no embargo on previews, so I'll happily answer any questions, but no talk of scores or anything. I'll just stick to the facts. But my GOD do both games hold up wonderfully.

The Trophies seem fairly reasonable for the most part, though I don't know about Platinuming 'em.

Did the extras come on the disc that you got? If so, how are they?

SamBishop

Banned
Zoibie said:
Did the extras come on the disc that you got? If so, how are they?

Nope, that's being saved for the retail release, I guess. All we got was the games, and I'm certainly not complaining.

dock said:
Is there anywhere selling the collector's edition for a sensible price? Ebay prices are £100+.

Import stores have sold out of it. If you don't want to pay a lot then your best bet is to find someone in Japan that'll buy a copy and ship it to you. There are some people here that are usually willing to do that.

dock

SolidSnakex said:
Import stores have sold out of it. If you don't want to pay a lot then your best bet is to find someone in Japan that'll buy a copy and ship it to you. There are some people here that are usually willing to do that.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to hit up some people I know living in Japan. :)

Kaako said:
First playthrough of the HD collection:
1. ICO
2. SOTC
3. Watch videos on disc

Yes?
Yep! Ico is shorter and easier than SOTC also.

Owzers

i'll play ICO again one day, but i realllllllllllly hated that last boss on Shadows of the Colossus, i remember getting so angry dying over and over again Xo

SamBishop

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Gives me some hope that the TLG video is new.

Same here. Chances are, though, that it'll be a GamesCom or TGS trailer, so it may not be new to us by the time the game actually drops. Boy am I okay with being wrong, though.

Jim

title1.jpg

title2.jpg

(from the title screen)

I love you SCEA. So hyped to play through them again. They look and sound amazing so far.

Johnas

This was already a day one must buy, but the inclusion of those extra videos and the TLG video make it that much sweeter.

I wonder of some of the SotC footage will show the cut colossi in motion, I'd love to see some of that.

Shuusui

With the arrival of the ICO book (translated by Alexander O. Smith) I am completely hyped for this release. Cannot wait for my collectors box to arrive!

Okay...so when is this actually being released in north america?

Gamestop's Canadian website lists it at $39.99 on September 1, 2011

Best Buy's Canadian website lists it at $59.99 on September 27, 2011

: /

Jim said:
http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/ps3/ico_sotc_collection/title1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.gaming-age.com/previews/ps3/ico_sotc_collection/title2.jpg[IMG]
(from the title screen)

I love you SCEA. So hyped to play through them again. They look and sound amazing so far.[/QUOTE]

I hate seeing you on my friends list playing this and the GOW PSP collection!

And I suppose I'll hate it even more when you're playing U3 and the MGS collection...

Sigh, no shipping to UK.

NCSX, you're my only hope. I emailed them a while back and they had filled orders, maybe they will get more now.

LiK

leng jai said:
Seems the price has been jacked up by $7.50 since I preordered.
Yea, they raised the price. I'm stuck with my overpriced YesAsia preorder since they dont allow cancellations.

PooBone

Mithos said:
Not fully perfect, remove the Sony logos and replace the spine with the reversible spine of the US version and its perfect (in short, US version reversible is perfect) ;p

I definitely like it better than the regular cover. That big silver bar is hideous and too sleek looking for the style of the images beneath it. I am glad they went with the Japanese cover for Ico.

Yamibito

KennyLinder said:
Sigh, no shipping to UK.

NCSX, you're my only hope. I emailed them a while back and they had filled orders, maybe they will get more now.
I live in the UK and just managed to get my order placed here.

Top Bottom