• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

LiK

jetsetfluken said:
Sold out completely on Play-asia after only just going up after a few hours.
Yesasia sold out alsi.

If you didnt order, prepare for paying $300+ on ebay. Im not kidding, those ebay sellers overprice rare items tenfold.
Shocked that Yesasia sold out. Guess after PA sold out people rushed over to them.

LiK said:
Shocked that Yesasia sold out. Guess after PA sold out people rushed over to them.

This is a low print CE similar to NA Demons Souls Deluxe Ed I would say.
Im interested in hearing the exact numbers/numers playasia had. I wouldnt be surprised if it was less than 100. Sold QUICK.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Both games look absolutely great in the cam videos. I do think I've spotted some screen tearing in Ico portion of the video though. Nope, no screen tearing, it was just the web player acting out. Played the same video through VLC and it's clean.

Happy to see that new remade Ico intro sequence doesn't actually have framerate problems as that one trailer showed it would. Also good to see new motion blur was added to Ico as well.

bender

What time is it?
jetsetfluken said:
This is a low print CE similar to NA Demons Souls Deluxe Ed I would say.
Im interested in hearing the exact numbers/numers playasia had. I wouldnt be surprised if it was less than 100. Sold QUICK.

Now I don't feel so bad for wasting so much time refreshing Play-Asia every few hours since the CE announcement.

LiK

jetsetfluken said:
Dammit, does play asia cancel your order if credit card failed to charge?

i think they would probably email you to request updated info before they cancel. you should shoot them an email about that.

cnizzle06

Banned
StuBurns said:
I'm certain it's not as pretty, I'm not certain that's why people are importing it though.

I'm certain they haven't released official US box art. I'm uncertain of your certainty.

LiK

Aigis said:
And don't forget the 100 page book thingy.

yea, dunno what's in it. hopefully lots of cool photos.

cnizzle06 said:
I'm certain they haven't released official US box art. I'm uncertain of your certainty.

it's in the OP

5805882298_a25e3aa3eb_b.jpg

Seda

cnizzle06 said:

It's in the OP, along with release dates for NA/EU, which is about a week after the JPN release.

I personally, don't know why people would import when the releases are so close or over a boxart, especially considering the price.

LiK

Seda said:
It's in the OP, along with release dates for NA/EU, which is about a week after the JPN release.

I personally, don't know why people would import when the release are so close or over a boxart, especially considering the price.

cuz we're fucking INSANE.

bender

What time is it?
LiK said:
cuz we're fucking INSANE.

That sums it up nicely.

lastinline said:
Same, but that's too awesome to happen unfortunately.

This too. Though, I didn't think Catherine would make it state side and the US version was announced before my order arrived from Play Asia. Maybe I can continue the trend with the Ico/Shadow LE.

syoaran

Is there a way I can pick this up on amazon.jp and get it shipped to the EU? Silly Play Asia doesnt send Sony stuff to the UK...

LiK

syoaran said:
Is there a way I can pick this up on amazon.jp and get it shipped to the EU? Silly Play Asia doesnt send Sony stuff to the UK...
Nopers, Amazon Japan won't ship games internationally.

syoaran

LiK said:
Nopers, Amazon Japan won't ship games internationally.

Lik, you see quite knowledgeable about this. if I have an order and an address in Japan, can I pay for it with my UK card? I know some places like Apple don't allow it, but I'm not sure with Amazon.

LiK

syoaran said:
Lik, you see quite knowledgeable about this. if I have an order and an address in Japan, can I pay for it with my UK card? I know some places like Apple don't allow it, but I'm not sure with Amazon.
I think so. I use an American CC and it allows me to ship to a Japanese address (if I have one)

StuBurns

Banned
RoadHazard said:
Really? Oh, sure, the default cover isn't much fun:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/5793283374_5b1f81b194.jpg[IMG]

...but if you reverse the inlay you get this:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/5793283846_9e688fcbd0_b.jpg[IMG]

Perfect![/QUOTE]
That is not the US cover. Nor I would argue is it as nice as the Japanese special edition.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
StuBurns said:
That is not the US cover. Nor I would argue is it as nice as the Japanese special edition.

No, it's the EU cover. The question you answered by stating that the cover isn't as pretty was this one: "Why is everyone importing? This is coming to the US and Europe right?" It wasn't just about the US cover.

But no, of course it's not as nice as the Japanese CE. Much better than the default EU or US cover though.

StuBurns

Banned
RoadHazard said:
No, it's the EU cover. The question you answered by stating that the cover isn't as pretty was this one: "Why is everyone importing? This is coming to the US and Europe right?" It wasn't just about the US cover.
I read his mind and knew he was from the US, and he kindly highlighted that a few posts below. That's just how good I am.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Aigis said:
Are all EU spines that ugly? US person here, so I wouldn't know.

Third party spines usually aren't (though it happens), but for some reason Sony's own games always have this boring font on their spines. No idea why.

LiK said:

Wow, good kinda salty after they charged $230 from my paypal account today, but it's all good I guess!

syoaran

LiK said:
I think so. I use an American CC and it allows me to ship to a Japanese address (if I have one)

Awesome, have a lot of friends out there so looking to pick up my white PS3 with gaming combos ~ Cheers Lik

Seda

Some of the screens are older, but some are new to me. I'll put those in the OP.

Can a mod change the title to reflect that there are now NA/EU dates/boxarts/screens?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
man ICO's native resolution was 512x224 ( that slightly above the PSone 320x240 res ), and it's look mighty fine rendered on so much higher res.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
StuBurns said:
I'm going to cry playing Ico, I can feel it.

-Player getting emotional on SOTC/ICO ;_;
-Chancahndum tish dum* Trophy notification/music pop-ups
-Emotional moments completely ruined

srsly,Sony need to add option to turn the notifications on and off before ICO/SOTC hits.

syoaran

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Damn, I can't imagine what this world look like in 3D!

I wish they had it demoed at E3

I'm really hoping the Playstation TV is available in Europe in September. Picking this up with one of those TV's will be quite something.

StuBurns

Banned
Totobeni said:
-Player getting emotional on SOTC/ICO ;_;
-Chancahndum tish dum* Trophy notification/music pop-ups
-Emotional moments completely ruined

srsly,Sony need to add option to turn the notifications on and off before ICO/SOTC hits.
'Leap of Faith Unlocked!'

Magnus

Man, I daresay North America snagged a better over-all boxart for this collection than Europe. (discounting the reversible cover anyway)

Honestly, not getting the love for the Japanese set. Looks like a screenshot from ICO run through some kind of pastel filter?

Top Bottom