• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

jsnepo

I watched the trailer and it looks like SOTC is cleaned up pretty well. I found none of those pop ins that plagued the PS2 version. I still won't be getting both as I already have them for PS2.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, I'm in for the CE as well. I know the stories well enough that nothing will be lost in translation on me. The packaging looks too good.

soothe.

Danielsan said:
I'm exceptionally glad that it's sold out. Hopefully these game will finally see a glimmer of the success they deserve.

but shadow of the colossus sold pretty well in the US at least, didn't it? i mean, it got a platinum release and everything.

Loudninja

E3: I saw Shadow of the Colossus in HD and it was good
It's a real thing. It's playable. I saw Shadow of the Colossus HD tonight and I just thought you might want to know that it exists, and is real. We learned this week that it finally has a solid release, set for September, but it was nice to see it with my own eyes. It's no The Last Guardian, but it's a good stand-in for now.

God, it's pretty. The picture does it no justice. The textures are of a higher resolution, making all that limb climbing and hair and feather hanging even more epic.

I've played the game a million times, and you likely have too, so there's no need to write up a hands-on preview. Just know that Sony was happy to show if off tonight, and that's its playable and quite nice.
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-i-saw-shadow-of-the-colossus-in-hd-and-it-was-good-203095.phtml

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
5805882298_a25e3aa3eb_b.jpg

Cover art's not GREAT, and it's drastically inferior to what they're getting in Japan, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than the revolting GoW collection/Sly collection cover designs (and, thankfully, it's actually not plastered with logos). Can't fucking wait; will likely print out a custom cover eventually.

An-Det

Considering what they could have gone with, that cover isnt bad at all. Definitely getting this at release, since I've never played either game.

Loudninja

Also, for the purists among you (I know I’m one), we’ve placed the original PS2 artwork from both titles on the reverse of the paper inlay, so you can swap them around and have the classic look for your collection

Thats cool.

Don

Ugh, EU cover is awful, but it looks like they made it reversible with the original ICO and SotC covers on the other side.

Wish they could have done something special with the EU covers like with the original releases.

Just a quick reminder, Ueda mentioned earlier this year that they were considering including a TLG demo with the Team ICO Collection. They still have plenty of time to announce that.

The funniest thing about this release is that there are so many people eating up the hype, jumping on the bandwagon...whom never played ICO/SOTC before. These are the types of people who just eat up hype from trailers and don't even like the game.
I know a few people in real life like this.

They will buy this and complete neither game, trading it in at Gamestop within weeks.

StuBurns

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
The funniest thing about this release is that there are so many people eating up the hype, jumping on the bandwagon...whom never played ICO/SOTC before. These are the types of people who just eat up hype from trailers and don't even like the game.
I know a few people in real life like this.

They will buy this and complete neither game, trading it in at Gamestop within weeks.
Why do you think that?

jett

D-Member
Decent cover all things considered. The US one of course, the european is LULZ. At least it's reversible.

Seda

StuBurns said:
No word on the blog about it. Someone could ask on the blog, those guys tend to answer stuff quite often.

Alright, also has the EU version been dated? Is it the same as US?

Top Bottom