• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

Seda

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I take it if a game isn't 60fps, it gets full 1080p treatment, otherwise it's 720p.

MGS2 - 720p60
MGS3 - 720p60
GOW collection - 720p60
SotC and ICO - 1080p30
ZOE collection - 1080p30 (60?)
Silent Hill collection - 1080p ?????

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be 30fps, unless something changed.

Untitled-2.gif

ilikeme

soldat7 said:
USA

Edit: Play-Asia, NCSX, and Renchi...are these OK?

I'm from Sweden but in my experience Play-Asia is really good. Ordered from them 4 times and everything went really well.

Only ordered once from Renchi, also went well. They seem a bit cheaper, but Play-Asia have a more professional 'feel' to them. (Maybe just because Renchi is a bit cheaper and the layout of Play-Asia is classier.) Never had contact with customer service, so don't know about that for either.

Anyone have more experience with this? I'd also like to preorder the CE.

Looks bloody fantastic. Does anyone know exactly what the 'booklet' is about though?

Mush

I'm totally down to import this sucker. Is Play-Asia the best bet? I've never bought any import games before. :/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Motion blur is in the original game.
True, but not like here. In the original game the effect would kick in only in some moments when the camera would go really, really fast, and it was a very harsh looking blur compared to what they have in remake, where the blur is much more graduated, and appears at more normal camera speeds as well. You can see it on the ground when he's just riding the horse at faster speed for example. The way they have it here makes it be much more like a normal film motion blur.

This is a pretty great decision, and preferred to having it at 60FPS + old style motion blur, for these two games, IMO.

badcrumble said:
I have no hope that NA will get anything as nice as that CE out of this. Certainly we won't get the nice box art :(
We'll undoubtedly get that tacky shit where both game covers are smushed side by side on the front.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
ConradCervantes said:
We'll undoubtedly get that tacky shit where both game covers are smushed side by side on the front.
North America getting shitty Ico-related box art is TRADITION!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
soldat7 said:
USA

Edit: Play-Asia, NCSX, and Renchi...are these OK?

I do a lot of importing, and go with NCSX whenever I can. They're the most reliable of the bunch and I like 'em cuz they've been around since I first got into importing in 1998.

I feel old :(

Don't worry guys, we'll (probably) get this box art in the west!

zisgud.jpg

Eh forget it, I'll import the collection from Japan as well as everyone else. Even Europe won't escape the shitty boxart treatment for this game.

Azure Phoenix said:
Don't worry guys, we'll get this box art in the west!

Eh forget it, I'll import the collection from Japan as well as everyone else. Even Europe won't escape the shitty boxart treatment for this game.

:(

Import confirmed!

neoism said:
Does the LE play on US systems...and do they have English subs..?
PS3 games are region-free. I think the speech game is in gibberish and has some sort of non-language glyph subtitles (at least in Ico's case), I I don't think you'll be missing much.

Magnus

Untitled-2.gif

This is a little mis-representative of the change; the original game had a widescreen option too (thank goodness) which really changed how the game looked dramatically in my opinion, with scenes like the one depicted in the GIF (landscape journeys, riding out into the open, etc). And the framerate changes aren't exemplified at all in the GIF either. Show us a colossus battle and then we'll talk.

Granted, the PS3 footage looks better for sure.

Azure Phoenix said:
Don't worry guys, we'll (probably) get this box art in the west!

http://i52.tinypic.com/zisgud.jpg[img]

Eh forget it, I'll import the collection from Japan as well as everyone else. Even Europe won't escape the shitty boxart treatment for this game.[/QUOTE]

The "Play as the Joker" sticker literally made me lol.

Been wanting this since right after the PS3 launched and Tekken 5 was announced as an HD download title. My heart skipped numerous beats last year when this was announced and even more so today. Why must you kill me, Ueda? Give these to me now so I can finally let it out and cry when I see it in motion in person. Despite the sarcasm, I probably will tear up. SOTC is simply my most cherished game and its OST definitely brings out the herky jerks in my emotions.

Persona7

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Been wanting this since right after the PS3 launched and Tekken 5 was announced as an HD download title. My heart skipped numerous beats last year when this was announced and even more so today. Why must you kill me, Ueda? Give these to me now so I can finally let it out and cry when I see it in motion in person. Despite the sarcasm, I probably will tear up. SOTC is simply my most cherished game and its OST definitely brings out the herky jerks in my emotions.
ueda has nothing to do with the hd versions

Persona7 said:
ueda has nothing to do with the hd versions
Why do you have to be so technical? =P

I may import for the art and pick-up the NA version to play. Unless NA gets a similar CE that comes with some bonus art book or something.

klee123

Ok my September purchases are like this:

Tales of Xillia X edition
Dai 2 ji SRW OG
Ice/Shadow of the colossus pack

......................I'm gonna be soooo poor.

dock

I haven't imported an expensive Japanese game in a long time, but I'm tempted to splash out on the CE for this. Ico is my favourite game of all time, and the collection pack looks amazing.

Top Bottom