• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

Corto

a-childs-wonderment.jpg

That CE? It's already mine!

I am so getting that Collector's Edition, good thing these games require minimal narration too so I won't be as saddened if there's no English subtitles.

Empty

love the packaging and the trailer makes it look like an impressive enough leap. i reckon the date puts the last guardian in for a spring 2012 release date. fingers crossed.

SolidSnakex said:

oh yes. i often like to put the track on repeat when i'm chilling on a summers day, it's really relaxing, partially because it reminds me of the amazing gardens in the game too. people mostly remember you were there but ico's soundtrack is damn good in general i think, it's best when it's complimenting the game of course but there's lots of rather good dark ambient and mood pieces and then some cool twists on the soft melody of castle in the mist. not as instantly grabbing as sotc's but impressive.

Carl

September release surprises me massively :) Wasn't expecting them that soon.

Also, that CE looks pretty nice

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Um, what the hell is going on in the Ico intro in that trailer? The PS3 version is chugging horribly.
Not good.

LiK

badcrumble said:
Wish they were separate in the US, if only for the prettier box art. Ours is going to look butt ugly.
It'll be that terribad two boxes side by side crap

oohh..having said yesterday in the MGS thread that I refuse to buy HD remakes because there are so many good games on the horizon...I will have to make an exception for this....the updated graphics actually make a difference with this one

day 1!

I'm looking more forward to HD Collections than actual new games LOL

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I would love it if other regions got a collector's edition that put the two in separate packages like this.

don't forget that some games were individually sold on PSN store from HD Collections

Shuusui

Where can I preorder the Limited Edition?

I'm serious. I want this, regardless of any Limited Edition boxes the US gets. My soul yearns for it. Any help would be appreciated!

Chesskid1

Banned
damn, i wish you could buy it separately cause i'm only interested in playing SOTC. i played (actually rented games still back then) ico when it first came out and i didn't really like it.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Chesskid1 said:
damn, i wish you could buy it separately cause i'm only interested in playing SOTC. i played (actually rented games still back then) ico when it first came out and i didn't really like it.
You're probably going to get two games for a similar price to what Japan is paying for one. Your tastes might have changed in 10 years, so why not give Ico another shot?

Steroyd

ObnoxiousZebra said:
Wait, so they're not language heavy? (I never played the originals). Hmm, I might import then.

In ICO you'll miss out on understandings in a big way, the first time you play ICO all the subtitles are in the in-game language during the second playthrough it's all translated, I nearly cried manly tears at Yorda's dialogue especially at the end.

StuBurns

Banned
Steroyd said:
In ICO you'll miss out on understandings in a big way, the first time you play ICO all the subtitles are in the in-game language during the second playthrough it's all translated, I nearly cried manly tears at Yorda's dialogue especially at the end.
I don't think it's that different, it's always pretty clear what's going on based on the context, but it is nice to have it in English.

Varion

Kagari said:
Jesus, that collector's edition... but I'm already buying a lot in September :/
Seriously.

Ao no Kiseki
Tales of Exilia
SRW OG

And now this. All in September. With nothing at all in July, August or October.

My wallet ;_;

Dynedom

Holy hell. If that CE ever makes it to NA, it is bought. BOUGHT. Will be the first special edition of ANYTHING I've bought this gen.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Sony dates the CE for NA. Day 1 nonetheless.

Top Bottom