• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

Adamm

Patapwn said:
Alright, so here's the deal...

I need this. But I don't know how to get it. I am a spoiled American and would appreciate if someone could tell me how about obtaining one of these. Play-asia or something? Please help!
Play-asia or yesasia are what I use.

RedSwirl

Seda said:
-1080p, 7.1 Surround, Trophy Support, 3D

29ztx0n.jpg

Wario64 said:
There is a new trailer on the official websites. Compares both versions. It looks good!

Got a link there wario, i hope they uk get the slip case again like we did with the first run of these games.

Lard

Banned
I have the Japanese PS2 version of SOTC and the manual is much, much nicer than the NA version. I'm not surprised they're getting a nice art box for this.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Oh god... oh god...

That looked really smooth.

And... just... fuck if the US version doesn't use those as the covers. Seriously. I seriously hope that the US version uses those as the cover. I will hate SCEA if they even attempt to use the shitty CGI cover, or some other alternate cover.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ellis Kim said:
Oh god... oh god...

That looked really smooth.

And... just... fuck if the US version doesn't use those as the covers. Seriously. I seriously hope that the US version uses those as the cover. I will hate SCEA if they even attempt to use the shitty CGI cover, or some other alternate cover.

Well, US version will be in 1 package, so it's probably gonna be like God of War where it has both box arts side by side, using the US cover arts for ICO and SOTC

Sony trollface.jpg

Danielsan said:
That ICO music still gives me goosebumps.

'Heal' is also really amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwfBvW3YA8

Ellis Kim said:

As a company, Sony has conducted a number of studies about selling products overseas, and Kobayashi used ICO as an example, showing two different sets of box covers developed in different regions. The design for the US market featured a bigger title and clear lead male character, while the box on sale in Japan had a more refined art style representative of the feel of the game.

ICO sold about 270,000 units in the US, but Kobayashi explained his belief that it could have performed better: "If the packaging was designed differently, we think it would have sold more - in fact on the internet many people have said that the Japanese version was better."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/last-guardian-game-named-for-us-europe-kobayashi

Ellis Kim

Banned
Wario64 said:
Well, US version will be in 1 package, so it's probably gonna be like God of War where it has both box arts side by side, using the US cover arts for ICO and SOTC

Sony trollface.jpg
Yeah... yeah, I know....

ugh...

Lince

Banned
dear Lord... I already have the beautiful EU Special Editions for both games in mint condition (factory sealed copies) but these remastered versions are just insane, this is some unique opportunity for "young" and new gamers to enjoy these masterpieces. Don't even hesitate.

redhot_

This in September, Darksouls in October, Skyrim and Battlefield 3 in November.... and more to come at E3 2011... my wallet is feeling so bitter sweet.

Teknoman

Please please PLEASE let NA have a special edition. I could import if not, unless its going to be a crazy amount of cash...especially since both games arent really text heavy in what you need to do.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Both games are just drop dead gorgeous. SOTC looks better than most of the stuff on the market today.

Seda

ObnoxiousZebra said:
Wait, so they're not language heavy? (I never played the originals). Hmm, I might import then.

They're almost language independent. Some menus though.

Ellis Kim

Banned
ObnoxiousZebra said:
Wait, so they're not language heavy? (I never played the originals). Hmm, I might import then.
There are subtitles. Some of the story could end up being lost on you :S

Mœbius

Not language heavy at all. What little dialogue / text there is is a made-up language (and not 'translated' in the subs in Ico); furthermore the story is not one overtly told, so it's not like you'll miss a key plot point or anything in the dialogue - it's not that kind of narrative / game.

There's nothing much in the way of instructional text either, and when there is it's all pretty obvious stuff if you have a curious mind or general gaming experience. It should be easy enough to understand and play.

simtmb

Guys, don't be afraid to import if your thinking there will be a language barrier. Pretty much what pirateben said.

GET ON THAT CE!

Top Bottom