• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

Dunan

Steroyd said:
In ICO you'll miss out on understandings in a big way, the first time you play ICO all the subtitles are in the in-game language during the second playthrough it's all translated, I nearly cried manly tears at Yorda's dialogue especially at the end.

I've forgotten... how did they write this in-game language?

I played the Japanese version, but IIRC there were no subtitles at all, and then in the second playthrough you got Japanese subtitles.

Clunker

Cannot wait—been jonesing for this for years, ever since I sold my PS2 eons ago and my beloved copies of Ico and Shadow. I'd figured I'd just have my memories of those games, but then I stumbled into getting a PS3 and this was the first game I thought of. Bring on the love.

ivqVAl.jpg

Replicant

Clunker said:

Okay, if that's the 2 in 1 box art then I'd be more than happy to buy the western version. But we all know SCEA/SCEE would go for something like this:

o6jzus.jpg

I think I just vomit in my mouth.

Yeah, that CE is so mine. Thankfully PS3 is region-free and thankfully, these are two games where language is almost non-existent. Score!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'll be F5'in play-asia until they put this CE up, if I buy anything huge this year it'll be that.

Does preordering there work the same as amazon, where they don't charge you until it ships?

That CE is absolutely gorgeous.

I just hope they keep ICO and SotC packaged together in one. If they'd just apply the same level of care to that box...

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Well hell for 3000 more I can get a neat little book and the other game... Guess I'll have to put in a preorder soon.

eshock

Clunker said:
Cannot wait—been jonesing for this for years, ever since I sold my PS2 eons ago and my beloved copies of Ico and Shadow. I'd figured I'd just have my memories of those games, but then I stumbled into getting a PS3 and this was the first game I thought of. Bring on the love.

ivqVAl.jpg

Is there a high res of this?

mattiewheels said:
I'll be F5'in play-asia until they put this CE up, if I buy anything huge this year it'll be that.

Does preordering there work the same as amazon, where they don't charge you until it ships?
Correct. Play Asia doesn't charge until it ships.

jediyoshi

Seda said:
-includes both titles, a special box, a special 100 page booklet from magazine publisher BRUTUS, and dynamic custom themes for both titles.

Those themes just got a million times better.

jett

D-Member
That's a really pretty piece of fan art. Anything is better than the crap they showed last year. I whipped this out quickly a while ago, it's using official art tho.

cmQVd.jpg

Krev said:
I really wouldn't bet on it.
Doesn't seem like something Ueda would do.

ICO and SOTC had demos.

-PXG-

Clunker said:

ivqVAl.jpg

Hi res version. NOW!

Also, of course Japan gets the cool shit. US get's shafted. PAL? lol...

-PXG-

Danielsan said:
When we're talking about Team ICO games PAL land always gets the best version.

Oh I forgot. You're right. This is one of those rare exceptions were PAL territories won't be treated like a red headed stepchild.

RustyO

So looking forward to this.

Do want that CE... might hold off and see what other versions, but bugger it, I'll just double dip!

Is there a "get me cool stuff from Japan thread" on NeoGAF?

swordfishtrombones said:
When they transition from the PS2 to the PS3 version I was grinning like a mad man. Can't wait to replay them.

You and me both mon ami!

I take it if a game isn't 60fps, it gets full 1080p treatment, otherwise it's 720p.

MGS2 - 720p60
MGS3 - 720p60
GOW collection - 720p60
SotC and ICO - 1080p30
ZOE collection - 1080p30 (60?)
Silent Hill collection - 1080p ?????

Metalmurphy said:
How many yen does a PS3 game usually cost in Japan?

anywhere from 4000 to 8000 new. first party stuff is usually 5000ish.

hateradio said:
The box looks pretty. I wish they were to use a different image for ICO, since they used it for the PS2 in certain regions.

both are the same as the original japanese PS2 art - that's the japanese shadow box, too.

i think i'll get the collector's edition, since it's not all that expensive and they really ought to be packaged together.

Dunan

Metalmurphy said:
How many yen does a PS3 game usually cost in Japan?

Way too many, given the very high value of the yen these days. Quite a few games start out at prices like Y7800, which is over $90!

Game rental is not available however (presumably thanks to companies like Sony), and the silver lining in that cloud is that used copies tend to show up pretty early as people who took the plunge on buying an iffy game sell it back.

Typically you'll pay Y5000-7000 in the opening weeks, so if you have somebody picking the game up for you, it's not as bad as it could be. Amazon.jp offers discounts, and retailers do too.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I take it if a game isn't 60fps, it gets full 1080p treatment, otherwise it's 720p.

MGS2 - 720p60
MGS3 - 720p60
GOW collection - 720p60
SotC and ICO - 1080p30
ZOE collection - 1080p30 (60?)
Silent Hill collection - 1080p ?????
But ZOE 2 was in 60 frames on PS2...

Top Bottom