• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

jett

D-Member
From Fumito Ueda's twitter:

あ、ICOとワンダと巨像のHDリマスタですがどちらもMLAA対応です

Oh, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus of both the HD is compatible with a remastered MLAA

MLAA confirmed! IQ should be great.

kvn

Wario64 said:
jJxVS.jpg

"Exclusive play as the joker challenge maps" hahahah. Now I'm sad.

StuBurns said:
Has there been any word on the Western release? Presumably it's this year too?

Should be yeah, at least for US. Not a lot of translation to be done here and should fit nicely into Sony's Q4 schedule.

Might even go for January/February to hype up for Last Guardian later that year though

StuBurns

Banned
StevePharma said:
Should be yeah, at least for US. Not a lot of translation to be done here and should fit nicely into Sony's Q4 schedule.

Might even go for January/February to hype up for Last Guardian later that year though
That'd be great, I was expecting TLG more summerish.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If ANY part of this game is chugging along the way the intro does in that trailer I'm going to be pretty damn annoyed. They're PS2 games, ffs.

LMAO Wario. But the sad thing is the real NA/EU cover probably will be similar.

This is definitely import-safe. Can't wait for September!

/XX/

jett said:
I think 720p has been confirmed.
You mean for this collection? Both DENGEKI ONLINE and Famitsu.com (ファミ通.com) have a very similar information listed, probably by the same source (I suppose it was SCEJ), and they still list a 1080p output resolution in their articles:

『ICO』『ワンダと巨像』 の発売日が2011年9月22日決定、数量限定スペシャルボックスも登場 - ファミ通.com said:
オリジナル作品の雰囲気や風合いを残しつつも、グラフィックのフルHD(1080p)化、7.1chサラウンドや3D立体視へ対応するなど、PS3ならではの高精細かつ迫力ある作品世界に没入いただけるようになりました。さらに、フレームレートの安定やトロフィー機能への対応により、オリジナル作品とは一味違ったゲームプレイをお楽しみいただけるようになりました。
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201106/03044628.html

PS3の『ICO』『ワンダと巨像』は9月22日に発売!! 2作をセットにしたBOXも登場 - DENGEKI ONLINE said:
オリジナル版の雰囲気や風合いを残しつつ、グラフィックの1080pフルHD化、7.1chサラウンドと3D立体視への対応が行われている。PS3のトロフィー機能にも対応する。
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/371/371187/

Is there any new information I don't know about all this?

What can we expect from the DMC HD ports that will be announced at E3?
plz capcom

I'm guessing 720p/60fps. But 1080p would be nice.

Is there any spoken dialogue or hints in SoTC. I'm tempted to import the bundle (haven't played either one) but I can't understand a dollop of Japanese...

StuBurns

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
Is there any spoken dialogue or hints in SoTC. I'm tempted to import the bundle (haven't played either one) but I can't understand a dollop of Japanese...
There is dialogue, and there is when replaying Ico too.

Any excuse to replay two of the PS2s best games.

They both look so smooth and sharp now, especially SOTC which originally was a mess framerate wise.

Tizoc said:
So we can expect a Winter 2011 release for English territories at the earliest
Play.com has it listed as September 30th 2011 for the UK. Don't know how accurate that is but they're usually on the mark with their release dates (excluding delayed titles).

jett

D-Member
/XX/ said:
You mean for this collection? Both DENGEKI ONLINE and Famitsu.com (ファミ通.com) have a very similar information listed, probably by the same source (I suppose it was SCEJ), and they still list a 1080p output resolution in their articles:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201106/03044628.html

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/371/371187/

Is there any new information I don't know about all this?

1080p output means very little to be honest, probably just upscaled. I remember they confirmed 720p when the collection was first announced. All the screens they've released look 720p to me anyway.

Totobeni said:
I can't believe this,more than 5 years into this gen and people in Gaf still don't know that PS3 games are free-region.
Yeah. Hard to believe that some people never import and never know if things have changed in a new firmware update...

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yeah. Hard to believe that some people never import and never know if things have changed in a new firmware update...
How could a firmware update introduce region locking? The games have no region coding.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't understand, how come the game is running at anything other than 1080p?

Augemitbutter said:
never importing is a sin.
Well I wasn't the one he was talking to/about but yeah... I haven't imported since the DC days. I spoke for the other person because I too am never sure if certain games don't allow region free.

With that said, I did say I'd be importing for the art. =]

Playing SoTC again and I'm noticing glitches and hiccups I've never experienced in 6+ playthroughs. Colossus 4 would morph to the side and the dangly things would disappear when I jumped towards it. The 3rd time I didn't let it fuck me up and ended up grabbing and climbing on nothing before it eventually came back. Then today, it froze on me. My PS2 might be going =[. Come on HD release.

Oh... this game also brings out the worst in my tv's banding issue. New tv is a must for the remake.

Jonnyram

klee123 said:
Ok my September purchases are like this:

Tales of Xillia X edition
Dai 2 ji SRW OG
Ice/Shadow of the colossus pack

......................I'm gonna be soooo poor.
No Dark Souls? :mad:

Cels

So which is it, 1080p or 720p? I see conflicting claims in this thread.

I also hope we get good cover art/good collector's editions in NA. Our art always gets hosed for some reason.

newjeruse

Cels said:
So which is it, 1080p or 720p? I see conflicting claims in this thread.

I also hope we get good cover art/good collector's editions in NA. Our art always gets hosed for some reason.
Always assume 720p until told otherwise.

Top Bottom