• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

SolidSnakex said:
Just a quick reminder, Ueda mentioned earlier this year that they were considering including a TLG demo with the Team ICO Collection. They still have plenty of time to announce that.
Oh that'd be nice. But I doubt it at this point.

badcrumble said:
Oh that'd be nice. But I doubt it at this point.

They made a demo available to journalists earlier this year, so they could use that (even though it isn't actually from the game). I think that would be enough for people. Just a way to get a feel of what to expect.

Shuusui

LegendOfGood said:
So, uh, how much does YesAsia charge for the pre-order? Can't find any info on their site...
Shipping was decent too. Spent just over $135 to get it sent to Washington D.C.

ScOULaris

I guess I can't complain since the US cover is actually decent. I'm still hoping for something equivalent to the Japanese CE though. These games deserve a classy Collector's Case w/ extras.

WTF at the EU cover. It's absurd to think that someone got paid to make that, and even more absurd that Sony gave it the OK.

Yeesh, that box art mockup I posted a few pages back was meant to be a joke - I didn't expect Sony to actually put out something that atrocious. Screw you SCEE, I'm importing the Japanese collector's edition.

nny

Shuusui said:
Shipping was decent too. Spent just over $135 to get it sent to Washington D.C.

Did they charge you right away? Or will they charge you only when it ships?

Shuusui

Erigu said:
Ordered via Yesasia as well (didn't have much choice, as Amazon Japan, Rakuten and Bic Camera all displayed "sold out" one after the other as I was trying to order the damn thing), but I wouldn't assume that's going to get me the game in the end: they might cancel the order if they don't get enough copies (that happened to me before, with them).

That being said, Ueda said on his Twitter account that preorders will probably re-open in a little while...
Yeah, I didn't wanna take my chances. I paid the extra $18.00 for shipping. Best of luck to everyone importing it!

near

Gold Member
ScOULaris said:
Really? It's just the original covers on both sides with the title lazily printed in Helvetica font along the spine.

What would've you preferred?

ScOULaris

near said:
What would've you preferred?
Well, I don't live in EU, so I don't have to worry about it. Since you asked, though, I would have preferred something to distinguish it from the original cases. You know, an actual cover design.

LiK

ObnoxiousZebra said:
Huh, really? What's their reasoning behind this?
Its their policy for all video game orders and preorders. Probably has something to do with their supplier. So once you order something video game related (game or accessory), its locked in.

ChryZ

ScOULaris said:
Really? It's just the original covers on both sides with the title lazily printed in Helvetica font along the spine.
Just? The original covers are awesome to have them fill the box front and back is as good as it gets.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm really glad they went with the original covers on the other side, they were great covers originally, and this is fundamentally a reissue, it should just have the same covers.

LiK said:
Its their policy for all video game orders and preorders. Probably has something to do with their supplier. So once you order something video game related (game or accessory), its locked in.

Ah ok, fair enough.

Are these videos the first to show that Ico will still have the fog and haze graphical layers? I thought the earlier videos showed a much more sterile look for the remake.

Sold out completely on Play-asia after only just going up after a few hours.
Yesasia sold out alsi.

If you didnt order, prepare for paying $300+ on ebay. Im not kidding, those ebay sellers overprice rare items tenfold.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Valkyr Junkie said:
Are these videos the first to show that Ico will still have the fog and haze graphical layers? I thought the earlier videos showed a much more sterile look for the remake.
No, it's the PC emulated version of the game that's missing that. This remastered version always had the haze effect.

mattp

jediyoshi said:
jiqd2154kr-t.jpg

dat framerate

Top Bottom