• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) dated in Japan + Collector's Edition

J2 Cool

Thing I'm most excited about in videogames right now. The horse running at perfect framerate in that trailer is too beautiful, on SotC. And Ico's among my top 10 favorite games ever most likely.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
How much is the CE if you are trying to import it to the US from play/yesasia? Including the conversion rate for dollars please.

LeCapitan

Neo Member
How would you guys go about printing out a nice quality cover if, dare I say, you loathed the NA cover but felt the EU reverse cover was pretty decent looking? ;)

Erigu said:
Preorders for the (Japanese) limited box are back.
It says on the product that it can't be shipped outside Japan. Is that for real or do people go through Deputy Services through Amazon.jp for games?

Edit: Answering my own question, sucks. Deputy service would completely negate the savings so egh.

SleazyC

Erigu said:
Preorders for the (Japanese) limited box are back.
Unfortunately it looks like it can't be shipped out of Japan. Might be able to use a middle-man but I'm just going to stick with my chances from my yesasia pre-order.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm really glad I wasn't here when the pre-orders were going on, I probably would have talked myself into ordering it. Now I just hope we get our own LE in the US.

Does the Japanese version have english subtitles for the crazy fake language of the series?

Erigu

Galactic Fork said:
Does the Japanese version have english subtitles for the crazy fake language of the series?
The PlayStation 2 versions didn't have them (unless you could get them by changing the system's language? kinda doubt that was the case), so I wouldn't bet on it...

Mush

Erigu said:
The PlayStation 2 versions didn't have them (unless you could get them by changing the system's language? kinda doubt that was the case), so I wouldn't bet on it...
If you replay the game Yorda's dialgoue gets subbed. Pretty sure this was JP/PAL only, like a lot of other extra stuff.

Really cannot wait to receive this, just in time for my birthday too (assuming shipping does not take over 2 weeks). This is easily my most anticipated release of the year now besides Uncharted 3... does not really bode well for how I view most of the releases this year. ;p

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...to-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

~Kinggi~

Banned
shagg_187 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...to-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support, all for just $39.99.

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on September 27!

oh so tasty!

Mirimar said:
Ico theme just needs to be Yorda and the hero sitting on the stone save spots.
didn't we already see the Ico theme? Or was that the SOTC theme? I remember watching a vid and it was on the TV and it looked amazing. There's a chance it could have been the layout it shows when you have the disc highlighted on the XMB (I bet the theme would be similar though).

semiconscious said:
japanese limited edition ($90) now available for pre-order on playasia!...
"THIS ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR TERRITORY"

Should have known that would happen since they refuse to send 90% of Sony products to Europe. Does anywhere else have this available to order?

Replicant

semiconscious said:
japanese limited edition ($90) now available for pre-order on playasia!...

YES! YES! YES! I made it in time this time. Thank you Sir!

leroidys said:
90? Damn I really don't think I can justify that.

Heh, as an Australian, I feel that it's cheaper than what we normally have to pay for our games ($100/game). Add to it the good Aus exchange rate and considering I get 2 games for the price of 1 this is a no brainer for me.

SamBishop

Banned
Our press copies just came in and I'm just letting it sit here on the save music. Sooooooooo gooooooood. Oh, how I missed these games.

SamBishop

Banned
_dementia said:
Wow, that early? I'm so jealous!

Yeah, Sony's really been on the ball lately; the God of War Origins oack showed up earlier this week. It's incredible how well ICO/Shadow hold up, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SamBishop said:
Yeah, Sony's really been on the ball lately; the God of War Origins oack showed up earlier this week. It's incredible how well ICO/Shadow hold up, though.
Please, don't tell us more... I need this game, asap

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can we get a list of the trophies?

Nm found it

Ico

Enlightenment - Platinum
Acquire all trophies

Rescue - Bronze
Rescue Yorda

Failure - Bronze
Finish watching the demo scene confronting the Queen at the front gate stage

Armed and Ready - Silver
Acquire Sword

East Gate - Silver
Open East Gate

West Gate - Silver
Open West Gate

Farewell - Silver
Finish watching farewell demo with Yorda at the front gate stage

Royal Arms - Gold
Acquire Queen's Sword

Emancipation - Gold
Clear the game

Split the Watermelon - Gold
Bring the watermelon to Yorda upon completing 2nd time through

Spiked Club - Gold
Acquire spiked club

Shining Sword - Gold
Acquire shining sword

Bench Warmer - Gold
Save at all save points

Express Journey - Gold
Beat the game within 4 hours

Castle Guide - Gold
Beat the game within 2 hours

Unscathed Escape - Gold
Clear the game without viewing a game over screen

Shadow of the Colossus

Wander and the Colossus - Platinum
Acquired all Trophies

Valley Wanderer - Bronze
Defeat 1st Colossus

The Sloth - Bronze
Defeat 2nd Colossus

Disturbed Sleep - Bronze
Defeat 3rd Colossus

Path of Gravestones - Bronze
Defeat 4th Colossus

Aerial Dance - Bronze
Defeat 5th Colossus

Entombed Giant - Bronze
Defeat 6th Colossus

Waves of Thunder - Bronze
Defeat 7th Colossus

Wall Scaler - Bronze
Defeat 8th Colossus

Slumbering Caveman - Bronze
Defeat 9th Colossus

Unknown Tracks - Bronze
Defeat 10th Colossus

Guardian Unleashed - Bronze
Defeat 11th Colossus

Silent Thunder - Bronze
Defeat 12th Colossus

Signs in the Sky - Bronze
Defeat 13th Colossus

Shielded Guardian - Bronze
Defeat 14th Colossus

Valley of the Fallen - Bronze
Defeat 15th Colossus

Final Colossus - Bronze
Defeat 16th Colossus

The Forbidden - Silver
Clear the game in normal difficulty

Wander and the Forbidden - Silver
Clear the game in hard difficulty

Climber - Gold
Reached the top of the shrine

Hang Glider - Bronze
Hang onto the hawk for more than 30 seconds

Resistance - Silver
Endure being sucked into the light for over 1 minute in the ending

Collector - Silver
Acquire all items available in normal time attack

Meticulous Collector - Gold
Acquire all items available in hard time attack

Slippery Ride - Bronze
Hang onto the fish for over 30 seconds

Agro Circus - Silver
Perform all stunt riding using Agro

Cornucopia - Gold
Acquired all fruits in the world

Tower of Prayer - Silver
Save at all save points

Endangered Lizards - Gold
Killed all shining lizards

Stalwart Wander - Gold
Max out HP bar

Mighty Wander - Gold
Max out stamina bar

SamBishop

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Please, don't tell us more... I need this game, asap

I'm not really sure what else to tell. There's no embargo on previews, so I'll happily answer any questions, but no talk of scores or anything. I'll just stick to the facts. But my GOD do both games hold up wonderfully.

The Trophies seem fairly reasonable for the most part, though I don't know about Platinuming 'em.

Magnus

All those bonuses and videos sound godly. What a great package this is going to be. It's tragic that something like this isn't being done with Square's PS2 efforts. A similar package of X and X-2 with such bonuses at that price would be bought in a heartbeat. Hell, it'd be bought at $59.

Top Bottom