• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IHOP debuts French Toasted Donuts, available through September 2017

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2017/08/ihop-unveils-new-french-toasted-donuts.html

IHOP mashes up two classic breakfast dishes with the debut of new French Toasted Donuts, which are donuts dipped in vanilla batter and then griddled.

The new, limited-time breakfast dish comes in three varieties:

- Bacon & Maple French Toasted Donut - A Bavarian cream-filled donut dipped in vanilla French toast batter, griddled, and then topped with maple glaze and hickory-smoked bacon crumbles.

- Strawberries & Cream French Toasted Donut - A Bavarian cream-filled donut dipped in vanilla French toast batter, griddled, and finished with glazed strawberries and powdered sugar.

- Apple Fritter French Toasted Donut - An apple fritter dipped in vanilla French toast batter, griddled, then topped with sweet cinnamon apples, powdered sugar, and whipped topping.

French Toasted Donuts can be found at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide through September 24, 2017.

Nutritional Info - IHOP Bacon & Maple French Toasted Donut
Calories - 530 (from Fat - 280)
Fat - 31g (Saturated Fat - 12g)
Sodium - 980mg
Carbs - 48g (Sugar - 18g)
Protein - 15g

Nutritional Info - IHOP Strawberry & Cream French Toasted Donut
Calories - 490 (from Fat - 190)
Fat - 21g (Saturated Fat - 9g)
Sodium - 420mg
Carbs - 69g (Sugar - 24g)
Protein - 7g

Nutritional Info - IHOP Apple Fritter French Toasted Donut
Calories - 810 (from Fat - 410)
Fat - 46g (Saturated Fat - 22g)
Sodium - 710mg
Carbs - 87g (Sugar - 45g)
Protein - 12g

99hzrk7l.jpg

F6P8Cod.jpg

Mimosa97

American-inspired desserts would be so much more appealing if they didn't have the bad habit of overdoing it. These desserts should be smaller in size and not drenched in sugary sauce/liquid.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
American-inspired desserts would be so much more appealing if they didn't have the bad habit of overdoing it. These desserts should be smaller in size and not drenched in sugary sauce/liquid.

I'm going to try one and specifically request no sauce

Lmfao

How do you start the day with such a sugar bomb? I'd feel light headed two hours later

It's fucking delicious, but nobody is going to claim this is a healthy or even normal breakfast. This is the type of breakfast you get as a special treat for yourself every once in a while. I've been trying to avoid stuff like this recently on the relatively rare occasions where I eat out for breakfast, but for a long time on those occasions I'd get stuff like this because I didn't do it often and they taste really good

And honestly, most of the time someone eats out for breakfast, I feel like they do it on a day off

Have y'all seen this month's IHOP promotion? Latte inspired pancakes

One of them has a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. They're still trying to pretend its breakfast.

Espresso Mocha Cream Pancakes, Full Order (top left in the pic)
1090 Calories
200mg Cholesterol
2210mg Sodium
142g carbs
71g sugar

Lord Fagan

That's the wrong Wilford Brimley picture for this kind of thread topic.

blair+at+computer+final.jpg

What we're talking about here is a pastry that imitates other breakfast items, and it imitates them perfectly.

Top Bottom