• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

leftover___copy_by_pocky4th3win-d9iek1x.jpg

Yup
PS4 stock shortage confirmed.

Abdiel

How much stock did you guys get per store?

There's not usually a set # per store for shipments. Our back end inventory teams work with the suppliers and distribution centers to align what expected sell-through for any given SKU should hopefully be, and that level of inventory is allocated.

Basically, slower stores usually get less, busier stores typically get more, so it can be all over the place for how many of any given SKU a store has.

Loudninja

I honestly couldn't tell you. I know the guys had it set up so they were almost even. That display was only Uncharted Bundles though, We had the Battlefront and Black Ops 3 Bundles elsewhere.

There's not usually a set # per store for shipments. Our back end inventory teams work with the suppliers and distribution centers to align what expected sell-through for any given SKU should hopefully be, and that level of inventory is allocated.

Basically, slower stores usually get less, busier stores typically get more, so it can be all over the place for how many of any given SKU a store has.
Ah ok makes sense thank you. :)

Lemondish

Spent some decent time in line with some folks buying PS4s alongside new TVs at the Best Buy in Nashua, NH. Most were from Mass (get a lot of folks from there looking to cut out the tax man). Each one knew of the Target deal and decided to go there if they were going to get an Xbone. A few figured it would be 299 by January so decided to wait.

Lots of Uncharted bundles, but one bloke fell in love with the limited edition Star Wars one but was short about $20 bucks. He was almost to the end of the line when he realized, but a gentleman stepped up and gave it to him. Gamers helping gamers. Warms me heart.

Loudninja

Spent some decent time in line with some folks buying PS4s alongside new TVs at the Best Buy in Nashua, NH. Most were from Mass (get a lot of folks from there looking to cut out the tax man). Each one knew of the Target deal and decided to go there if they were going to get an Xbone. A few figured it would be 299 by January so decided to wait.

Lots of Uncharted bundles, but one bloke fell in love with the limited edition Star Wars one but was short about $20 bucks. He was almost to the end of the line when he realized, but a gentleman stepped up and gave it to him. Gamers helping gamers. Warms me heart.
Aww thats awesome.

I'd say they get about the same. Best Buys are often in/near malls or shopping centers, so it's fairly easy to get to them. It's actually harder to find Targets in some parts (or all?) of the country.

For instance, I know there's like one Target in like a 10 mile radius from my house and one that's all the way across town close to my grandparents. Those might be the only two Targets in the Orlando area as far as I know.

I have to drive 70 miles if I want to go to somewhere that isn't Walmart or Gamestop. :/

I think it has a great chance of opening at 1 million in the US.

People sometimes forget how big the Uncharted IP is. Uncharted 3 is supposedly at ~10 million. It is Sony's biggest IP, outside of Gran Turismo of course.

I'm basing my 1 million questioning on both Infamous: Second Son and Bloodborne selling 1 million copies globally in about 2 weeks. Uncharted is bigger than both but I'm not sure by how much.

hahahahahah yeah, you're really going on a massive limb that U4 will sell 1.5m copies globally. The series isn't regressing that much in one mainline title, it's not Halo.

U4 is going to drop 4 million on its first month incredibly easily, though I suspect it'll be noticeably more than that.

For some reason I keep forgetting how many PS4's have already sold. Keep thinking they're way lower than they actually are.

Schrade

That right there is an awesome story.

Perfect planning by Sony to put Uncharted collection in their cheapest bundle. With Uncharted 4 launching in March this will certainly boost sales of the game

Sony were pretty smart here. So many people will be playing Uncharted for the first time, and I suspect this could boost interest for Uncharted 4. Very interested to see how it does in March.

At least not anywhere near the amount of last years attempt to close the gap.

Agree with Fat4all. Last year MS went "all in", those discounts were crazy stuff and they managed to close the gap by 400.000 units, if I remember right.

This year however they entered BF on an equal footing. And now we get first indicators how that turned out for MS.

Perfect planning by Sony to put Uncharted collection in their cheapest bundle. With Uncharted 4 launching in March this will certainly boost sales of the game

Also probably smart not having a deal on The Uncharted Collection anywhere making the value seem better. Gears of War Ultimate Edition was $15 at a lot of places.

N.Domixis

Banned
Agree with Fat4all. Last year MS went "all in", those discounts were crazy stuff and they managed to close the gap by 400.000 units, if I remember right.

This year however they entered BF on an equal footing. And now we get first indicators how that turned out for MS.
That gap was also grown over the time where it was cheaper during November.

pooptest

Also probably smart not having a deal on The Uncharted Collection anywhere making the value seem better. Gears of War Ultimate Edition was $15 at a lot of places.

Yeah, I got a $250 Target GC for getting a new iPhone, but gonna hold out on getting Xbone until a non-crappy bundle shows up. The $60 Target GC taht came with the bundle was okay, but I don't want a bundle game that's $15. I'll save the GC until a better, maybe limited, bundle comes around.

cripterion

Here (France) in 2 stores I've worked it's the least selling bundle of the holiday bunch. People want 1TB and are jumping on the Battlefront bundle as well as the GTA V + PES 2016 one.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The only bundles with any real sales momentum for us were the ones priced at $299. The higher ones are just not doing it for people. For both systems, PS4 and XB1, that is.

Thanks for the clarification. Hope it wasn't too miserable. Did your stores open at 6pm on Thursday too?

What about the battlefront and blops3 consoles? Those aren't selling well?

eFKac

It's the packaging.
The green is no where near as appealing as the Uncharted bundle. People gravitated towards the pretty one.

Just look at it.

Heh I was always of the opinion that Xbox boxes were better, more eye catching of the two. The extreme case was the PS3 Slim with it's nasty grey box.

The sand colour of the Uncharted bundle is nice though.

sackninja

I'm basing my 1 million questioning on both Infamous: Second Son and Bloodborne selling 1 million copies globally in about 2 weeks. Uncharted is bigger than both but I'm not sure by how much.

Uncharted is a far far bigger series than infamous or bloodborne and its launching to a bigger install base. It will sell way better than either of them.

Uncharted is a far far bigger series than infamous or bloodborne and its launching to a bigger install base. It will sell way better than either of them.

Uncharted 4 will crush every other exclusive title launch on current gen consoles so far. In March 2016 PS4's install base will be around 35 million, and there will be no FIFA, Fallout or Call of Duty around it has to compete with.

viHuGi

Banned
Uncharted 4 will crush every other exclusive title launch on current gen consoles so far. In March 2016 PS4's install base will be around 35 million, and there will be no FIFA, Fallout or Call of Duty around it has to compete with.

35 Million? Very conservative sir.

More like 38milion.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's for per $ sales so they're earning more money per PS4 than each TV sold. In terms of volume it's not the most sold item (Kindle Fire) but it is their most profitable.
That's not what this means.

InfoScount does not even pretend to be about profit margins for the products they are tracking.

gtj1092

Yeah price is back up at all online retailers. Wonder if the are trying to artificially increase cyber Monday sales. Odd x1 didn't go up though.

Wonder how Sony feels about it. Their advertising promised through Monday.

Servbot24

Banned

Uncharted collection and TLOU:R are both going to leverage UC4 to the best sales in the Uncharted series I'm guessing. Or the highest attach rate at least.

Top Bottom