• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

Do you ever kiss your console?

Some people do more than just kiss

bbERRbi.jpg

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Microsoft has thrown everything they can at the PlayStation 4, both this holiday and the last. Yet that gap versus the PS4 only seems to widen.

I'm seriously wondering if Microsoft decides to launch their next console sooner than expected, say....2017.
(Hey, the quick-launch was a success for the Xbox 360.)

I wouldnt be too sure. Even when you are competing with other companies....you should look at past sales of your own previous product and compare that too. IMO.

If the XBO is doing ok, better vs the 360....then I think they should just ride out the rest of the gen.

It's the packaging.
The green is no where near as appealing as the Uncharted bundle. People gravitated towards the pretty one.

Just look at it.

I actually thought about this looking at the pics. I also get what ppl mean that posted about the difference in box size now. The PS4 selling better looks almost like 2:1 just going by box size.

zsynqx

I'm basing my 1 million questioning on both Infamous: Second Son and Bloodborne selling 1 million copies globally in about 2 weeks. Uncharted is bigger than both but I'm not sure by how much.

The Last of Us sold 3.4 million in it's first month for comparison. Went on sale June 14, so that was about 2-3 weeks as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-a-success-with-over-3-4-million-global-sales

Naughty Dog are far bigger than Sucker Punch/From Software, I am not sure what the UC3 opening was like but I know it was bigger than TLOU.

From the article
It didn't quite match the opening sales of Uncharted 3

I know this isn't the best metric but yeah :L
Just look at how many views each UC4 trailer has on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E 8.8 million
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2cL-pp6p8 5.8 million
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL46dpNEPPA 5.9 million
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0xy74Zrj8 2.8 million

I mean the only games which consistently get more views pre-launch are your end of year juggernauts like Call of Duty and Star Wars.

eerik9000

Microsoft has thrown everything they can at the PlayStation 4, both this holiday and the last. Yet that gap versus the PS4 only seems to widen.

No, no and no. Microsoft has done fuck all outside of a few English-speaking countries, and that's where most of PS4's lead comes from. Microsoft just goes around the world throwing "HALO!FORZA!GEARS!" at everyone's face as if that's going to sell consoles in every corner on Earth.

Death2494

No, no and no. Microsoft has done fuck all outside of a few English-speaking countries, and that's where most of PS4's lead comes from. Microsoft just goes around the world throwing "HALO!FORZA!GEARS!" at everyone's face as if that's going to sell consoles in every corner on Earth.
What about the Sunset Overdrive bundle?

It really is shocking to see the long term results for such poor decisions of the Xbox One launch.

I wish I knew who made those terrible choices.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

MS's vision at large was completely different unfortunately. I don't think Don Mattrick is the only one there who effed up significantly, just based on all of the statements coming out of folks like Adam Orth, Nancy Tellem and the like

oSoLucky

Best Buy's Cyber Deals are up. The first 7 items in video games are XB1 bundles(TV, FIFA, Gears, Holiday, Kinect, Fallout, Halo). The next few items are XB1 controllers, then the games. There are no other consoles out of the 97 items. I wonder if that's due to XB1 not selling very well at BB overall or MS stuffing the shit out of the channels. We do have some anecdotal evidence about the PS4 selling more at BB(especially with that really good Target deal).

The Last of Us sold 3.4 million in it's first month for comparison. Went on sale June 14, so that was about 2-3 weeks as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-a-success-with-over-3-4-million-global-sales

Naughty Dog are far bigger than Sucker Punch/From Software, I am not sure what the UC3 opening was like but I know it was bigger than TLOU.

I went back and looked at the data, and UC4 will definitely break the 1 million barrier in the U.S.

Here's the data on Uncharted 1 to 3's opening month in the NPD:
Code:
UNCHARTED 1: DRAKE'S FORTUNE    [11/2007]: 117k
UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES      [10/2009]: 537k @ #1
UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION  [11/2011]: 700k @ #7

TLOU on PS3 opened to much higher numbers, likely due to it's critical acclaim and ND's name but it was still a brand new IP (which never pull numbers higher then established IPs typically):
Code:
LAST OF US, THE [06/2013]: 985k @ #1
In contrast, Infamous: Second Son pulled pretty respectable numbers a few months after PS4's launch despite it being non-numbered title in a series that has never been considered one of the big Sony IPs.
Code:
INFAMOUS: SECOND SON [03/2014]: <500k @ #2

UC4 will releasing in March, on the dominant console (in the NPD) and will likely follow the upward trajectory of UC sales. The critical acclaim of TLOU is also likely to help the title. Other then as a result of being a failure critically, anything less then a 1 million would honestly surprise me as a result.

Loris146

I went back and looked at the data, and UC4 will definitely break the 1 million barrier in the U.S.

Here's the data on Uncharted 1 to 3's opening month in the NPD:
Code:
UNCHARTED 1: DRAKE'S FORTUNE    [11/2007]: 117k
UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES      [10/2009]: 537k @ #1
UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION  [11/2011]: 700k @ #7

TLOU on PS3 opened to much higher numbers, likely due to it's critical acclaim and ND's name but it was still a brand new IP (which never pull numbers higher then established IPs typically):
Code:
LAST OF US, THE [06/2013]: 985k @ #1
In contrast, Infamous: Second Son pulled pretty respectable numbers a few months after PS4's launch despite it being non-numbered title in a series that has never been considered one of the big Sony IPs.
Code:
INFAMOUS: SECOND SON [03/2014]: <500k @ #2

UC4 will releasing in March, on the dominant console (in the NPD) and will likely follow the upward trajectory of UC sales. The critical acclaim of TLOU is also likely to help the title. Other then as a result of being a failure critically, anything less then a 1 million would honestly surprise me as a result.

The growth of Uncharted as a franchise was amazing. Uncharted DF did only 117k in 2007 , insane.

cameron

Those pictures are insane.

MS to Best Buy shoppers: "The Xbox One is competitively priced and we have the Greatest Games Lineup™ this holiday. What more do you people want?!".

Best Buy's Cyber Deals are up. The first 7 items in video games are XB1 bundles(TV, FIFA, Gears, Holiday, Kinect, Fallout, Halo). The next few items are XB1 controllers, then the games. There are no other consoles out of the 97 items. I wonder if that's due to XB1 not selling very well at BB overall or MS stuffing the shit out of the channels. We do have some anecdotal evidence about the PS4 selling more at BB(especially with that really good Target deal).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/cm-video-games-20151129

Looking at BestBuy.com's Cyber Deals section for video games, the top 7 are what you listed. But why no TR bundle in that list? It's in stock if you search for it. What is MS/BB doing? Yeesh.

statham

Something about Halo 5 bundle selling out well ahead christmas because it's Microsoft's biggest game.

exsqueeze-me baking powder?

Not even close.

--------
If you thought MS wasn't going to have the Halo Bundle, MS biggest game available during Christmas, your insane.
--------
something along those lines, a mod can fact-check me.

cameron

Please tell me there's a link to the original post this 9 out of 10 thing is referencing.

First page of the Halo 5 UK sales thread.

Your mad if you think digital isn't drastically outselling physical.

I can name one person out of a friendship group of 10 people who bought Halo 5 physically rather than digital. That's 10/90% split in physical/digital in my friendship group. I'd say it's a similar story in a lot of other peoples.
I live in the UK. I'll iterate, I know one person who bought this physically. That's digital 900% outselling physical in my friendship circle.
More laughs in that thread.

Chobel

exsqueeze-me baking powder?

Not even close.

--------
If you thought MS wasn't going to have the Halo Bundle, MS biggest game available during Christmas, your insane.
--------
something along those lines, a mod can fact-check me.

That sounds unlikely now.

Tangent: I'm kind of dying at the fact you can still get a brand new "Day One" edition Xbox One.
Wait what? Are you serious?

MS's vision at large was completely different unfortunately. I don't think Don Mattrick is the only one there who effed up significantly, just based on all of the statements coming out of folks like Adam Orth, Nancy Tellem and the like
Phil Spencer drank the Koolaid too. He had some very Mattrick-like quotes:

Spencer explained: "I mean the analogy, and I don't know if it's a great analogy… let's say I live in an area that doesn't have cell service. I wouldn't go buy a cell phone. Now, I might roam in different areas where my cellphone becomes active."

He continued: "The 360 ecosystem is a great ecosystem for somebody that's in a purely disconnected state for long periods of time."
http://www.destructoid.com/ms-on-xbox-one-we-have-built-a-natively-connected-device-255988.phtml

Yeah, I agree! Wait, what did you say?

Wait, trying to figure out what your period means. That period is just you saying "See, I told you that Microsoft would have the Halo Bundle available through Christmas" ?? Based on that stack of them at Best Buy?

Yeah, I guess you are right if that is what you said! Looks like they will be available into next year as well!

Bowler

anecdotal tales from my ass, but as others have said, my BB, my target, and my walmart were all out of ps4's as of yesterday, yet all three stores had x1's including walmart which had close to 3 pallets of x1's.

do you guys think that sony just didnt ship many?

darkwing

anecdotal tales from my ass, but as others have said, my BB, my target, and my walmart were all out of ps4's as of yesterday, yet all three stores had x1's including walmart which had close to 3 pallets of x1's.

do you guys think that sony just didnt ship many?

was this the same situation last year?

Top Bottom