• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Innocent man burned to death by vigilante neighbours who mistook him for paedophile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought this was part of the reason Batman doesn't kill. He realizes he is a vigilante and as such isn't part of the judicial system or any system for that matter, and acts accordingly by not taking the law into his own hands. If he kills, much like these guys did to that poor man, he's just another crazy psychopath.

Batman would have done his f***ing research before acting

see5harp

That's the thread most of the people in this one are referencing, including myself.

The main difference being that in that case, at least the family had some sort of proof. This guy was just trying to use modern technology to help get kids off his lawn.

what?

What is a "confirmed rapist who got off on a technicality"? And why is breaking someone's legs a success? What is wrong with you?

Confirmed, as in the crime was committed and this person did it. Zero room for reasonable doubt, it is a fact that this person did it. But a mistep in handling evidence set the criminal free. Just to sorta explain that bit. Hope that works. Already said the breaking legs things was an irrational example to make. I am unforgiving when it comes to sex crimes. Hard to change that. Anyeay, this has gotten some ways off the threads topic and I apologise for that.

Anyway, this shit is terrible. The people who burned the man alive should definitely be imprisoned. Seems like witch hunts almost always go wrong.

Life lesson: assumptions and jumping to conclusions can really screw shit up.

red-triangle-gang-member-20090317062709089-000.jpg

red-triangle-gang-member-20090317062657902-000.jpg

(Batman Returns) (sorry if in bad taste)
sorry i only watch good batman movies
just like DmC and DMC2 that movie never happened

The attackers have been jailed.

Lee James, 24, killed Bijan Ebrahimi and set fire to his body in the Brislington area of Bristol in July.

Mr Justice Simon ordered that James must serve a minimum of 18 years in prison.

Bristol Crown Court heard Mr Ebrahimi, who was an Iranian national and in his 40s, died from head injuries.

Stephen Norley, 25, who had admitted assisting an offender, was given a four-year jail term.

He helped James drag Mr Ebrahimi's body from the scene of the attack and obtained white spirit to burn the body. His remains were found 100m from his maisonette in Capgrave Crescent.

kick51

Banned
so tasty.

congrats on becoming the one thing worse than a pedo in the process of trying to bring "justice" to a pedo. and burning him? goddamn, that puts them worse than even other murderers.

edit: and what a sentence...is this where we jump on the UK for being "completely fucked up beyond recovery" like when something bad happens in the u.s. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom