• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming August 2017 | Better Layton Never

Oynox

Amazing, especially the first game. As much as the others added I was always a fan of the first game, it's simplicity, the weird language and bare bones plot.

Same here, its simplicity was its greatest strength.

So regardless of being 32-bit or not, all radiangames are completely gone from the App Store, right? Don't even show up in my purchase history on my iPad Mini 2.

So sad. Some of my favorite iOS games. They were masters of the dual stick shooter.

Jep, not sure what happend there. I think the dev had like 0 success with his games and decided to quit games or something? I read something very sad by him somewhere.

edit: scratch that. He is working on a successfully kickstarted game. All his games are still on sale on Android and still partly available on PC

Last place to get them is the XBLIG marketplace which shuts down next month. I am working on an OT to highlight the best unique games from the marketplace and I will definitely include Inferno and Crossfire 2, both 2 excellent games.

All Simogo games are on sale for $.99. Grab anything you don’t have already!

Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting to get Beat Sneak Bandit for a looooong time now and just never pulled the trigger. But for $1, there's no way I can pass that up.

awp69

Jep, not sure what happend there. I think the dev had like 0 success with his games and decided to quit games or something? I read something very sad by him somewhere.

edit: scratch that. He is working on a successfully kickstarted game. All his games are still on sale on Android and still partly available on PC

Last place to get them is the XBLIG marketplace which shuts down next month. I am working on an OT to highlight the best unique games from the marketplace and I will definitely include Inferno and Crossfire 2, both 2 excellent games.

Yeah, I actually downloaded all of his games on Android last night. Still have my 360 but wish they were BC with X1 (along with other XBLIGs).

bonesquad

All Simogo games are on sale for $.99. Grab anything you don’t have already!

Nice! Well, I have them all except for Sailor's Dream which doesn't look all that interesting to me... what I am interested in is what have Simogo been up to the past few years? Porting Year Walk to other platforms? Are there any signs of a new game coming?

Oynox

Is any Simogo game worth the dollar? I only own Kosmo Spin but heard only good things especially about Device 6.

killercow

Nice! Well, I have them all except for Sailor's Dream which doesn't look all that interesting to me... what I am interested in is what have Simogo been up to the past few years? Porting Year Walk to other platforms? Are there any signs of a new game coming?

They're creating a new game but for PC/consoles this time around and it's targeting a 2018 release.

Is secret of mana 64bit?

Yes, it is!

Is any Simogo game worth the dollar? I only own Kosmo Spin but heard only good things especially about Device 6.

I think they are all worth it but they're also very special games so it's difficult to know if you'll like them beforehand. For one buck though..

gblues

Banned
Picked up Year Walk. I enjoyed Device 6 years ago.

I like the atmosphere, but it really needs an in-game way to take notes. Already encountered two instances of "here's a sequence you'll obviously need later" and I don't exactly have a pad of paper with me on the train to write it down.

Oynox

I like the atmosphere, but it really needs an in-game way to take notes. Already encountered two instances of "here's a sequence you'll obviously need later" and I don't exactly have a pad of paper with me on the train to write it down.

but a screenshot tool probably although it might be immersion breaking.

BTA

but a screenshot tool probably although it might be immersion breaking.

Nah, some of the hints in Year Walk aren't static.

Can't recommend their entire catalogue enough, in any case. I know Sailor's Dream isn't as popular but I loved it as well, and regardless of anything else its soundtrack is fantastic.

awp69

So if I have a spare $5 credit on iTunes, Darkest Dungeon is the game to get?

Darkest Dungeon is fantastic if you have an iPad and like difficult, depressingly atmospheric rogue-like RPGs.

That said, if you don’t have the Simogo games, $5 during this sale will let you pick up a bunch at a fraction of the price. :)

HotHamBoy

There is a companion app and i assume it might be useful.

I have the game but I didn't get too far because i got tired of swiping around aimlessly. I don't think Advebture games are for me.

Picked up Device 6, Sailor's Dream and Beat Sneak Bandit today.

Edit nvm

awp69

There is a companion app and i assume it might be useful.

I have the game but I didn't get too far because i got tired of swiping around aimlessly. I don't think Advebture games are for me.

Picked up Device 6 and Beat Sneak Bandit today.

Sailor's Dream still shows for $3.99 tho. Is it not on sale?

Odd. It was on sale last night. Not sure why that one ended early.

Curious about the payment model in this.

Oynox

So. Bought Device 6 and Beat Sneak Bandit. I will play Year Walk on Steam I think. How is SPL-T? The game looks strange, may someone explain a bit what it is about?

Reception of Sailor's Dream was mixed as well, as far as I recall... hm. But it can't be that bad for a buck I guess.

HotHamBoy

Odd. It was on sale last night. Not sure why that one ended early.

Curious about the payment model in this.

It was showing $3.99 on TA but it actually was $1 like the rest when i checked app store. I grabbed it.

So. Bought Device 6 and Beat Sneak Bandit. I will play Year Walk on Steam I think. How is SPL-T? The game looks strange, may someone explain a bit what it is about?

Reception of Sailor's Dream was mixed as well, as far as I recall... hm. But it can't be that bad for a buck I guess.

For $1 I'm sure it's worth exploring just based on the gorgeous screenshots.

awp69

Probably should do some iOS 11 theme for September since it should be going live, but kind of blew our 32 but load in July.

Maybe:

iOS Gaming September 2017 | iOS in 11th Heaven

Or we could combine the ideas:

iOS Gaming September 2017 | All 32-bit Apps Go To 11th Heaven

PittaGAF

I'm not good at titles but probably the biggest iOS event in September will the new iPhone 8 (and maybe AR too, gaming wise).

Matt Frost

Im enjoying PvZ 2 and want to get a plant for cash. Whats a good one? The Snow Pea? Electric Pea? Any recommendations?

EDIT: lol im not enjoying it anymore. So much IAP, powerups that costs so many coins, IAP characters (lots of em). No thanks. Deleted.

PittaGAF

Meanwhile I just lost a full level 4 party (called the unstoppable) in Darkest Dungeon in a normal run, after having encountered a monster I never found before.
Not a boss, just a HUGE (2 slots) crab like thing that inflicted MASSIVE bleeding damages.

I tried EVERYTHING, while cursing myself for not having opted out the room before, like I SHOULD HAVE (I was short on everything...but...but...it was last room).

So brutal.
So awesome.

gblues

Banned
Title suggestions for September?

Foursaken tends to be good in that regard. Will report back later

iOS Gaming September 2017 | Our games go to 11
iOS Gaming September 2017 | Welcome our 64-bit overlords

EDIT:

Meanwhile I just lost a full level 4 party (called the unstoppable) in Darkest Dungeon in a normal run, after having encountered a monster I never found before.
Not a boss, just a HUGE (2 slots) crab like thing that inflicted MASSIVE bleeding damages.

I tried EVERYTHING, while cursing myself for not having opted out the room before, like I SHOULD HAVE (I was short on everything...but...but...it was last room).

So brutal.
So awesome.

You should have attacked its weak spot for massive damage.

(joking -- sorry for your wipe)

Mudo

Saucycarpdog's is awesome:

iOS Gaming September 2017 | The 11th hour for 32bits

PERFECT title for the September thread!

J_Viper

Darkest Dungeon is fantastic if you have an iPad and like difficult, depressingly atmospheric rogue-like RPGs.

That said, if you don’t have the Simogo games, $5 during this sale will let you pick up a bunch at a fraction of the price. :)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check those out!

RustyO

Meanwhile I just lost a full level 4 party (called the unstoppable)

I do not think it means what you think it means...

So brutal.
So awesome.

:D

Meanwhile... I just found out that you can trade heirlooms... *sighes*

The number of runs I was doing just to get specific heirlooms.

Pretty happy with the port from my experiences so far; some of the text is a bit small for my liking and/or hard to see under your finger.

Can be a bit finicky in some parts; e.g. scrolling up/down the meat sack roster I find is very clunky / keep selecting the wrong one.

And I find it can be hard to click on objects / doors whilst crawling. Couple of times I've actually received stress damage form walking backwards whilst trying to get my party through a door...

But these are mere minor quibbles (iPad Air)

RustyO

What do you mean???

Theres a trade hierloom option; click the "Arrows" symbol to the right of the shield.

BigPicture said:
h0TocOO.jpg

RustyO

OMG!!!!
This changes everything!!!!
I was always short of the notes and couldn't upgrade!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!

I only found out by accident last night at 1am; clicking on it out of curiosity thinking it was a "refresh" symbol. I've always been too short of deeds to be able to upgrade things as well.

PittaGAF

I only found out by accident last night at 1am; clicking on it out of curiosity thinking it was a "refresh" symbol. I've always been too short of deeds to be able to upgrade things as well.

Lol same here but I didn't push the button.
I thought actually you could sell them for money.
But not to exchange heirlooms, which is WAY more handy.
Thanks again for sharing, this is a game changer, I finally upgraded the forge and the caravan.
Now high level chars come to the hamlet.

awp69

Max and the Magic Marker Remastered by Flashbulb is out!

https://youtu.be/RtdF7BD3iNA

A platformer (left right and jump) where you have to draw stuff on-screen to solve puzzles and pass obstacles. Highly recommended. Premium. 2$.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/max-the-magic-marker-remastered/id1256928610

Realize it’s only $2, but kind of crappy that other devs are updating their apps to 64-bit for free and from what I understand thar’s the main thing that was done here.

Top Bottom