• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone else waiting for Japanese Nintendo Switch preorders?

It's actually $282. You forgot the 8% consumption tax.

oh right that too. always forgot about that whenever I do manual calculations for importing budget
the only way that isn't taken into consideration if amazon jp directly ship to outside japan w/o forwarder, but they disabled it for the switch console (not for the accessories/games)

My local Yamada Denki seems to have plenty of preorders left. I did what any true Nintendo fan would do - considered it for about five seconds then bought a famicon mini instead

kubus

So it's the 23th now, meaning the My Nintendo Store will open today. Anyone else going to try and pre-order from there? If so, what colors will you choose for the Switch?

I really like the neon blue/red set, but it'd kinda feel like a waste if I don't make use of the mix and match functionality :p. Maybe I'll go for blue joy con + blue strap and red joy con + red strap.

A full red or full blue setup would probably be really cool as well.... Wish there was an online tool which let you swap parts to see how it would look.

edit: Oh, I just realized that this image is most likely a screen cap of the store, so once it launches you can actually see it will look. But everyone is gonna want to check out as soon as possible before the site crashes/everything is sold out :p.
edit2: Wait, there's four options for the strap :O. I wonder how grey+grey would look like....

00000517_02.jpg

My Nintendo is an online or physical store? If online do they accept foreign credit cards? Do they change immediately or when shipping?

kubus

Online store, only credit card, it's unknown if they accept foreign cards, will probably charge immediately. It isn't open yet so apart from a short FAQ we don't know anything about it yet

(except that they offer the mix and match options for Switch, they have the deluxe collector's edition of Zelda and you get 300 gold coins for your order and a B2 poster calendar if you order a Switch+game)

edit: Playing around in photoshop, this is how a grey Joy con + grey strap would look like. It looks... weird :p.
edit2: and blue+blue and red+red

IOEuA5Y.png
FuyIryD.png
znPUY6X.png

KtSlime

As I suspected, the store will open after I have started work today. Glad I got one off Amazon, but what are they thinking opening so late and on a Monday.

I'll log in tonight for my coins.

kubus

I might actually die if they ask for a billing address and there's no 海外 option.
youarealreadydead.jpg

(I'm worried too :p)
So the My Nintendo Store will have a website store too?
It's only a web store. There is no physical store.

Just got woken up at precisely 8AM by my page tracker so I ran to my pc.... Turns out there were so many page refreshes at exactly 8AM that the server already collapsed, making my tracker go off. The store hasn't opened yet.

It's gonna be a bloodbath once it does...

youarealreadydead.jpg

Just got woken up at precisely 8AM by my page tracker so I ran to my pc.... Turns out there were so many page refreshes at exactly 8AM that the server already collapsed, making my tracker go off. The store hasn't opened yet.

What tracker do you use? Can't seem to find one for Japan market.

jax

Banned
youarealreadydead.jpg

(I'm worried too :p)

When does i t open?

kubus

What tracker do you use? Can't seem to find one for Japan market.
Why would you need one for Japan market? ._.

Just use any tracker like Visual Ping or Distill. In this case it's super easy to track, you can just set it to track the entire page instead of specific elements.

When does i t open?
If we knew, I wouldn't be using a page tracker and the site wouldn't have crashed at 8AM for nothing :p.

It could be anytime today, they didn't announce the opening time.

Why would you need one for Japan market? ._.

Just use any tracker like Visual Ping or Distill. In this case it's super easy to track, you can just set it to track the entire page instead of specific elements.

Do you need to keep your computer on the whole time for it? I don't like that. I was thinking something like instocknow.net that sends you a txt or email. That site has a country specific tracker but their JPN section didn't even have the Switch on.

kubus

Do you need to keep your computer on the whole time for it? I don't like that. I was thinking something like instocknow.net that send you a txt or email. The site has a country specific tracker but their JPN section didn't even have the Switch on.
I think both have a free email alert feature. Text is a paid option for Distill, iirc. It's gonna open within a couple of hours now so I just leave my browser open.

AdanVC

Bless no region locking. It's something I'm considering since I'm in Mexico and prices on electronic devices tend to go up at insane rate here.

I suspect either 9am or 10am JST. That is the time electronics shops usually open in Japan so they might try to replicate that. 9am was the time Amazon and Yodobashi opened preorders on the 21st.

Let us hope they won't constantly crash like Yodobashi did on the 21st.

I'm watching you

https://store.nintendo.co.jp

Would have been nice if they at least allowed us to log into our accounts :/

jax

Banned
Ugh. Times like these I wish I could read Japanese. My target order got screwed and I really like those red and blue grips. Hopefully I don't get half way trough ordering and get stuck on something cause I can't read it xD

Ugh. Times like these I wish I could read Japanese. My target order got screwed and I really like those red and blue grips. Hopefully I don't get half way trough ordering and get stuck on something cause I can't read it xD

Google Chrome automatically translates Japanese for me.

Is this the first time My Nintendo Store is opening? So there is no way to save your payment and address detail in preparation now?

It is gonna be busy. Even those who got the Switch preordered already will be looking for the Zelda Deluxe Collector's Edition. Hope their servers are up to task.

Google Chrome automatically translates Japanese for me.

Is this the first time My Nintendo Store is opening? So there is no way to save your payment and address detail in preparation now?

There is no way to know if your card works, there is no way to save an address, we don't know when the thing opens. It's going to be a bloodbath.

The fastest setting for Visualping is to check every hour? That's not fast enough :\

There is no way to know if your card works, there is no way to save an address, we don't know when the thing opens. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Yup, I'm totally expecting a bloodbath and 0.00001% chance of scoring one. I just have nothing better to do now
LIES DETECTED!
so why not give it a shot :D

My dream is to get a Switch with red Joycons and Zelda Deluxe, and be fast enough to qualify for the 6-set of calnder posters.

Pipe dreams are nice, aren't they? XD

How does it wotk with warranty when you buy a console in a other country? Gotta ship it back to Japan if something is wrong? I rather buy a console a little more expensive in my own country just to have all the consumer rights/laws available.

kubus

マイニンテンドーストア is already trending on twitter lol

Top Bottom