• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 11 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

50vtGgE.png

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Wait, does that mean they can say "fuck" now because FX stopped caring? Like in Atlanta or Mr. Robot?
I think cable channels can say "Fuck" or other curse words a few times a season, but I'm not sure. Maybe FXX is so small that no one cares anymore.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Has anyone noticed that Charlie has gotten more self aware while Mac has gotten dumber progressively throughout the later seasons.

Mac is arguably dumber than charlie now. Dennis is far crazier now, Frank is far grosser now. It's gone too far for me. Still enjoy the show but it's past its prime.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

When shows are around so long you notice things. It's similar to South Park where people complain the show is too topical now even though it has always been.

No that's false, this show has most definitely amplified each character's traits 20 fold.

Hopefully it's better than 11 which was the worst yet imo

Yeah 11 was pretty disappointing, but 10 is one of my favourite seasons so we'll see.

Wasn't a lot of season 11 by different writers/directors than usual? It definitely felt a bit off.

Mac is arguably dumber than charlie now. Dennis is far crazier now, Frank is far grosser now. It's gone too far for me. Still enjoy the show but it's past its prime.

No that's false, this show has most definitely amplified each character's traits 20 fold.

Past its prime doesn't really fit for me with 10 being a late in the game favourite. Probably my second or third favourite season overall.

The characters traits are super amplified these days, but they are playfully aware of that (the gang misses the boat for example)

Fat4all

Banned
He arguably already did in the season 10 finale, with Ass Kickers United, and that guy lighting himself on fire at Dennis' request.

We mean in more of a murdery kind of way.

I thought that was gonna be a build up of season 11 after all his complete breakdowns, secret car compartment, how he analyzed women in the Wade Boggs episode, and threatening to mutilate Dee and use her skin for various things.

It's gonna happen eventually.

I thought that was gonna be a build up of season 11 after all his complete breakdowns, secret car compartment, how he analyzed women in the Wade Boggs episode, and threatening to mutilate Dee and use her skin for various things.

Ah, OK. In that case, I agree. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't happen sometime before the series ends, whenever that will be.

That's gonna be the final season where Dennis kills the rest of the gang and is shanghaied to a mental institution for his Golden God outbursts while being interrogated.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Thanks for linking to this! Now i can put a name to it. One of my least favorite examples of this was Ted from Scrubs. Holy shit did the sad sack thing go aggressively out of control.

Yeah 11 was pretty disappointing, but 10 is one of my favourite seasons so we'll see.

Wasn't a lot of season 11 by different writers/directors than usual? It definitely felt a bit off.

Past its prime doesn't really fit for me with 10 being a late in the game favourite. Probably my second or third favourite season overall.

The characters traits are super amplified these days, but they are playfully aware of that (the gang misses the boat for example)

being self aware that something is tired and worn out, doesn't all of a sudden make it good. When they're playful with it in that episode I do agree with you for the most part it works out, because they attempt to address. Overall though the way they continue to recycle jokes and bits has gotten extremely tired. They've been doing that for years now and it's unfortunate, because a ton of stuff is still really great, but those bits come off as them running out of ideas.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

When shows are around so long you notice things. It's similar to South Park where people complain the show is too topical now even though it has always been.

I wasn't complaining though. I think the progression of the character traits are handled pretty great, and Charlie as the inconsistent idiot genius usually causes some of the funniest scenes in the show.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I wasn't complaining though. I think the progression of the character traits are handled pretty great, and Charlie as the inconsistent idiot genius usually causes some of the funniest scenes in the show.

ehh I disagree. I think the absolute worst case is Dennis, because he was by far my favorite character. Sure he had ups and downs, but for the most part early on in the show Dennis was generally perceived as the sort of straight man for the group. He had the best grasp on how to handle social situations, he was popular, ladies liked him, etc. And it was his genius that made this all work for him, because he was just as crazy as the rest of them beneath the surface.

Now he's just sad floundering around. His "implications" line and some of the other hints strongly suggested Dennis really pushed boundaries (kissing the underage girl at camp despite only being a year younger), however they never explicitly state he actually raped or killed anybody. His whole concept about Implications in fact was funny as hell the first time around, because Mac was trash at understanding how to properly do it. Then it shows him carry out his implications plan in the finale of season 11, and it was really too far. It was dark, uncomfortable, and unfunny. Him bumbling around like that is not his character at all. He's the sly one who can pull it off and the others are the ones who screw it up- case in point the D.E.N.N.I.S system.

Wow, new season already in Jan? Sweet.

Anyhoo...just saw the promo for The Mick, starring (and exec produced by) Kaitlin Olsen. I wonder what it spells for the show if it gets picked up, she would be a huge loss.

My thoughts on Charlie's increased intelligence, is his toning down on the huffing. Pretty straightforward.

Anyhoo...just saw the promo for The Mick, starring (and exec produced by) Kaitlin Olsen. I wonder what it spells for the show if it gets picked up, she would be a huge loss.

My thoughts on Charlie's increased intelligence, is his toning down on the huffing. Pretty straightforward.
Combined with Frank getting progressively worse after the first stroke he had it's not a bad parallel.

They only produce a handful of shows a year, and I don't think she's involved the writing so I imagine she could do both. Plus she's married to Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom