• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 12 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

This season was great.
Only hated one episode (the Cricket one) and even had a couple you could consider classics (the coming out one, for example).

kevin1025

Banned
The water park episode is definitely going into my top 10 of the show, I loved the hell out of everything in that episode, haha. The payoff to Frank's AIDS ploy was one of their best yet.

Lol, the gang never runs out of ideas. I was close with Dee being the voice of reason but was wrong.

Dennis is legit. He wants that baby. Then he is going to regret it come next season lmao.

It was a decent season overall. I enjoyed most of the episodes. There were probably a few episodes that bored me that I can't remember off the top of my head.

kevin1025

Banned
Since Glenn Howerton joined an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt... could be a real thing, Dennis leaving, if it's picked up.

But it's also mentioned in an Uproxx article that they're taking a larger-than-usual hiatus, so maybe he'll be back and it'll be the final season?

Sounds like things are up in the air!

(I could spoiler tag this if anyone wants me to, just in case.)

So...... Is he gone now?

Since Glenn Howerton joined an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt... could be a real thing, Dennis leaving, if it's picked up.

But it's also mentioned in an Uproxx article that they're taking a larger-than-usual hiatus, so maybe he'll be back and it'll be the final season?

I could see 12 being their final season, tbh. But Dennis needs to be a part of it, wouldn't be the same without him

Zubz

Banned

I was hoping it'd be for a movie deal, but I'll take him getting more recognition any way he can!

Zubz

Banned
It's already renewed through season 14 and Kaitlin Olson is the lead in a Fox show, too, they'll just shoot around it.

We know for a fact that they've scheduled it so they shoot Always Sunny & The Mick at different times, though. We have no idea about the new show.

If any show can pull off losing a main character, it's Sunny (since they're all so strong) but I still can't imagine it without Dennis.

Anyway, this was a great season. A great return to form after last year. Personally loved every episode except the Cricket one (which was still a solid 7/10).

Sloane

Banned
We know for a fact that they've scheduled it so they shoot Always Sunny & The Mick at different times, though. We have no idea about the new show.
I remember them scheduling and shooting all scenes with Danny DeVito over the course of two weeks or so due to his availability in the early days -- no idea, if they're still doing that but I could see them do the same with Dennis in a reduced role, if necessary. Doubt FX had blindly renewed the show for two more season without everyone still on board, but we'll see, I guess.

big ander

Solid finale. Every instance of them yelling at Dee for being "emotional" cracked me up. And Dennis making that choice at the end totally worked after stuff like "I have BIG feelings" earlier in the season. I'm excited to see how changing the charlie/waitress dynamic works, I hope in a similar way to Mac coming out: he'll be exactly the same.

interview with Howerton on the finale

Basically: he has that pilot which may keep him from doing Sunny (unlike Olson with The Mick, because Howerton writes/produces sunny and because his pilot isn't on a sister network like The Mick). But the show also might be taking an extended hiatus between 12 and 13, which could end up making it possible for him to do both.

kevin1025

Banned
I remember them scheduling and shooting all scenes with Danny DeVito over the course of two weeks or so due to his availability in the early days -- no idea, if they're still doing that but I could see them do the same with Dennis in a reduced role, if necessary. Doubt FX had blindly renewed the show for two more season without everyone still on board, but we'll see, I guess.

That's a good point. The renewal had to have been a sealed deal for all involved. It could be that he's in a reduced amount of episodes, even though they film it relatively quickly, or give Dennis a solo episode next season to show what he's up to. Plus with the potential extended hiatus, we might not see the show again (just throwing this out in the air, I don't know anything) until summer or fall 2018.

Plus they could always film both seasons in one go and bank the final 10 for later on.

Great finale. All the scenes of them shitting on Dee for being "emotional" were hilarious. Especially with the eggs

What the hell at this Glen Howerton news tho. They better figure out a way to keep him involved with this show heavily on a writing and acting extent.

I'm happy that he's got a pilot coming up tho. But it doesn't sound very good and also unlike the Mick it doesn't share former sunny writers so who knows how good it will be. Was hoping he'd hit it big in film instead of just star in another tv series.

And the gang has gotta write a comedy movie one of these days

big ander

Great finale. All the scenes of them shitting on Dee for being "emotional" were hilarious. Especially with the eggs

What the hell at this Glen Howerton news tho. They better figure out a way to keep him involved with this show heavily on a writing and acting extent.

I'm happy that he's got a pilot coming up tho. But it doesn't sound very good and also unlike the Mick it doesn't share former sunny writers so who knows how good it will be. Was hoping he'd hit it big in film instead of just star in another tv series.

And the gang has gotta write a comedy movie one of these days
I wonder whether their style could work in a movie. It'd have to be better than Charlie's acting efforts

The guy who wrote the pilot Howerton is in is great though—Mike O'Brien, hysterical comedian and writer, wrote actually good sketches at snl for years and worked on the latest season of Man Seeking Woman

Radec

Fucking died when they all gang up ob Dee with the eggs.

Solid finale.

I hope Dennis do another 180 like he did with Maureen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I swear every episode this season has had a couple of posters calling it the worst of all time or terrible. Different tastes and all, but its odd to see every episode be so divisive.

It's like there's a competition going on to be the first person to call the 'decline of It's Always Sunny' and so every B tier episode is becoming an F for some people who desperately want to appear prescient or some shit.

Or maybe the show has actually declined in quality? Absolute non-sense reasoning for why somebody might say it's not good. Sunny IMO is the funniest show of all time. the decline started around season 8ish, but it was still the funniest show on TV. This season had easily the most skip worthy episodes of all seasons by far for me.

Sloane

Banned
Thought it was a pretty good season overall. Didn't like Making a Murderer, Old Lady House, and Cricket, but Black, Water Park, and Hate Crime were great. Everything was pretty different in terms of tone and style, a bit too gimmick-y, but definitely a step up from season 11, as far as I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom