• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 11 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 11 was alright. Not the best, but I don't think it's the worst either. I don't think they'll ever get back to the amazing quality the first few post-season 1 seasons, but at least it hasn't turned to complete shit like many shows that are on this long.

this whole season felt off for me. i didnt like the referencing to past jokes, it happened in almost every episode this season. very meh season overall.

I wouldn't have a problem with referencing old jokes, the problem was that they never made the old jokes better. It was just like "hey, remember this old joke?" and then they moved on. Yeah, I remember the old joke, let's have some new ones.

I thought the first half of this season was pretty good. Only Suburbs and Being Frank were excellent but there were some pretty decent laughs. The last few episodes were really poor though, basically no laughs at all. Sunny works best when it's unpredictable, like, "I can't believe he said that" but the last few episodes you could see everything coming a mile off so by the time the punchlines came around, you were over them already.

zsswimmer

Suburbs saved it, the quality compared the rest was heads and shoulders above, so it kinda saved the season for me. It wasnt outright bad just nothing special. For being on so long I think its expected, lotta shows by now would be trash in it's 11th season.

UrbanRats

That's how the show's been feeling since season seven.

I disagree.
This and Season 7 are the only ones that felt really weak for me.

You could argue S1 and 2 as well, depending on whether you liked that different style, personally i think Frank is too integral a part for the show, but i still enjoyed those too well enough.

Weird how varied people's opinions can be on Sunny. I thought this season was great, with Suburbs through the end of the season being all-time classics. 10 was top 3-tier, and 7 (which some people here seem to dislike) is my favourite. The only one that really felt "off" to me was Season 8. It was still funny, but the stories and the feel just seemed different.

Not the best season but I don't get the hate. It had couple a bad eggs like the Ski resort and Chardee MacDennis but the Suburbs, the Trial and the finale all rank as all time great episodes imo.

jax

Banned
You freaked me out for a second. Top of the page an' shit
I dunno where I read this was the last season. I'm glad I was wrong though. This season was still hilarious, just didn't hit the bar set by the previous seasons.

This season was great not the best but far from bad. Sucks we got to wait until like next year for Season 12 which hopefully won't be the last either.

it was the weakest season but i still enjoyed quite a few episodes.

worst episodes ever: liberty bell, the mcpoyle episodes with guillermo del toro cameos. absolute shit.

this season had some damn good jokes I thought, it's gotten really self aware and that's prolly annoying some people but I think the humor they're finding in that is great. considering that the restaurant episode is a top 10 for me the cruise finale was right in my alley.

This season was pretty good. In fact, there really isnt a bad season. I recently did a rewatch and the show was funny from the very first episode and basically never had a bad episode.

UncleMeat

One thing season 11 did was solidify Pondy as my second favorite side character behind Cricket. He might actually be a worse person than anyone in the gang. "Jesus son, what did you cut this with?"

Guzim

One thing season 11 did was solidify Pondy as my second favorite side character behind Cricket. He might actually be a worse person than anyone in the gang. "Jesus son, what did you cut this with?"

Even in the Thanksgiving episode, the Gang thinks Pondy is an asshole, haha.

jay23

Wow this season flew by can't believe it's already done hopefully we get at least 2 extra episodes next season. I would say mac and Dennis move to the suburbs and Charlie catches a leprechaun were the best episodes.

ryseing

And trying to fuck 15 year olds. At least Dennis waited until he found out the girl was legal.

UncleMeat

And trying to fuck 15 year olds. At least Dennis waited until he found out the girl was legal.

Ya that being frank episode was some pretty dark Pondy.
When Frank picks him up from the roller rink after presumably committing statutory rape, he takes a gun out of the glove box and says, "someone's going to die tonight, baby!" Then has a (brilliantly acted) 180 into depression and tries to kill himself.
I'd say was one of the darker moments of the series. And I loved it.

Kurita

Season 13 and 14 confirmed
Show based in a Philadelphia pub is set to become one of the longest-running live action comedy series in TV history
“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” has been renewed for Seasons 13 and 14 on FXX, the network announced Friday.
With Season 14, “It’s Always Sunny” will tie “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet” as the longest-running live-action comedy series in television history. The previously announced Season 12 will premiere in early 2017.
Since shifting from FX to FXX in 2013, the show has increased its average viewership among adults 18-49 by 17 percent and among total viewers by 24 percent.
http://www.thewrap.com/its-always-sunny-gets-historic-season-14-pick-up-at-fxx/

cr0w

Old Member
Am I the only one who actually really liked the Ski Lodge episode? It was a perfect skewering of the '80s comedies I grew up watching.

Kid Goku

Banned
It gets really tiresome with the hyperbole. ''Worst season, least consistent season, not good enough''. Why does that matter ? It's such a subjective way of grading something. Did you like it ? What did you like and what didn't you like. That's how it should be. Why compare it to other seasons ? Some people think S10 is the best, some think S3 some think S7 etc. There has not been a season of Sunny that I truly did not enjoy. In fact from all the episodes there have been maybe 3-4 episodes (Franks brother, S11 art episode, S10 psycho pete etc.) that I really didn't like much. Every other episode I liked. The fact that it is the most consistently good comedy show for 11 seasons is worthy of praise because there aren't many shows out there that have achieved that.

Not just with IASIP but you see this type of elitist behavior when it comes to grading stuff like you'd think we're experts on the matter when we're far from it. Why does it matter if it's the best or worst ? How does that add anything to your experience ? Isn't the only thing that matters if you liked it or not ? Shouldn't that suffice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom