• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 11 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"Spit it out, it's raw". lol

Dam the dvr cut the ending off. What happens after Mac says
he's not gay
The guy reveals he's with the insurance company, not law enforcement. He says they might have been able to get a big payout for being left in the brig if not for admitting to breaking all kinds of laws. They protest a bit. The insurance guy says the ship didn't overturn due to the captain being drunk, but it just got hit by a big wave. He says that's what the insurance industry would describe as an act of god. Mac says "well, God is great" which serves as the final punchline.

gosox333

actually would have been a nice way to end it

I know it's not time yet and they have at least one more season left, but I can't help but feel that whatever they come up with at the end won't be as fitting as that.

Geeez. That first half was unbearably unfunny. That gun scene should have happened a lot sooner and should have been played with a bit.

ryan299

The guy reveals he's with the insurance company, not law enforcement. He says they might have been able to get a big payout for being left in the brig if not for admitting to breaking all kinds of laws. They protest a bit. The insurance guy says the ship didn't overturn due to the captain being drunk, but it just got hit by a big wave. He says that's what the insurance industry would describe as an act of god. Mac says "well, God is great" which serves as the final punchline.

Thanks.

Didn't even know that tonight was the finale. Really wish they would go back to 13 episode seasons.

I thought this finale was amazing. My family thought it was super depressing up until the reveal
that they didn't die
. I was on board either way, gotta agree that it seemed like a good series finale too.

I watched this from the second season to like the fourth or fifth with a few episodes in between, but returning to IASIP for this season makes me pumped to go back and finally watch all the episodes. It connects with my sense of humor a lot more now.

I genuinely haven't laughed as hard at a TV show in years as I did for the first half of this episode. Holy shit. Great end to a great season that really was on an upwards trajectory.

This season had it's ups and downs, but I would not trade it for anything in the world.
Love the cast so much and will be watching them to the very end.

barik

Well that was probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a cold open. Overall, great episode, and a great decision to end the season with a bottle episode.

Fun (?) fact: Danny Devito almost drowned in the filming of that last scene. Which I didn't understand when it was said in an interview a few months ago, but now makes total sense.

Banzai

Hm, hadn't realized this was the finale. It was alright but the beginning with the boat noises was unfunny and unnecessary.

Too bad they decided to go back on Mac coming out. I was hoping the end goal of the show was to have every character actually realize their flaws (/fucked-upness). Yes, I actually want this show to end at some point.

Dereck

S11E10: The Gang Goes To Hell: Part Two

960.jpg

- A.V. Club review:

You might call cheating on the whole “unknown place, unknown time” bit in these last two episodes, and some of the cartoonish nature of the Gang’s antics last week remain unexplained by any sort of “all a dream” scenario. But the offhand denouement is really the only way this season could have ended. The Gang can change in the moment—even in the last extremity—but, given the chance to resume their normal (for them) lives, they will, thankfully for us, always be the Gang.

Bad finale for a bad season, hopefully next year it goes back to being great.

I kind of agree for the most part, but I've enjoyed most of the episode more on a second viewing. I hope that they rely less on rehashed jokes next season. I think that knowing the episode titles in advance set up unrealistic expectations.

Alpende

I really liked the finale. The onion, oi oi oi oi, Charlie and his gun and the the gang swimming to the top while punching each other.

Good stuff for me.

Squalor

As a lot of us called, they reneged on Mac's coming out of the closet.

Kind of disappointed by that. It would have been an interesting character turn.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not a very good season over all. Last season was too strang I guess. Suburbs and Slopes were probably my favourites.

The guys need to get back to writing again as this season was too self referential making it feel very fan-fictiony in places.

Sloane

Banned
Loved the finale. Season was pretty good overall, not the best but also far from the worst. Didn't have a single episode written by all three of the guys though, and only one co-written by Rob and Charlie. Guess they had other stuff to do?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I completely agree with you! This season was amazing. It was a little heavy on the call-backs, but if I look at it solely based on how much it made me laugh, this season is easily in the top 5 for me.

Same, the suburbs and slopes episodes are also probably among my favorites for the entire series.

Squalor

They were so blatant with his and Dennis's hidden characterizations this season that it's hard for me to imagine what they could possibly do character-wise next season.

Having Mac accept that he's gay would have been a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom