• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 10 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

E the Shaggy

The overuse of it takes away from the surprise or "oh shit" factor that was present in previous seasons, regardless of whether or not the frequency of it increasing makes sense or not.

To be fair, I was laughing my ass off in the episode where Dennis was trying to sell the half submerged car to people.

"BE GONE WITH YOU! AWAY WITH YOU!"

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
What's telling about it? That a person could get more unstable after 8-10 years?

If anything Dennis has been showing character progression. We're agreeing here that the psychotic moments of Dennis have been sprinkled here and there throughout the seasons, now we're getting huge doses of it left and right every almost episode, in season 10. It makes sense to me that he would get even more out of his mind as the show went on, like he is already.

I haven't watched any seasons other than 5, or 6 recently, so I am open to any corrections about what I said.

This is close to how I've seen it. Dennis was always this psychopath hiding behind a facade of being this socially awesome golden god. As the show has gone on the golden god persona has taken more and more hits bringing him down to the others' level. So the facade is crumbling and psychopath Dennis is more front and center. The show has done a fantastic job of bringing him to this point imo.

Radec

When this season is over I definitely want to back through it again and see what I think.

Try watching Sunny from Season 10 to Season 1.

You'll see a group of crazy individuals turns into somewhat decent human beings.

One homeless guy even became a priest!

Jarmel

Banned
"The Gang Misses the Boat" pretty much states all of these issues straight out. Frank has made them all worse human beings and they're all trapped in this horrible group. Frank ruining those other bartenders was to show how he escalates problems and then creates a dependency to solve that problem. Having an insane person hang out with you for X numbers of years will also start to derode your thinking.

They, as individuals, need for Frank to retire or die and for them to go their separate ways. As the show goes on, they're going to become more insane just due to their addictions and hanging out with people that support their worst habits.

I would say it's very much character progression rather than Flanderization.

When Charlie said, "You're head of security just choked himself out" with a smug look on his face I lost it.

Pretty good episode, maybe my least favorite from the season so far, and that's saying a lot because I enjoyed the episode. This season has been fire after what I thought was disappointing seasons the past couple of years

hydruxo

S9XEbVC.gif

Hahaha best part

DeathyBoy

Banned
This is close to how I've seen it. Dennis was always this psychopath hiding behind a facade of being this socially awesome golden god. As the show has gone on the golden god persona has taken more and more hits bringing him down to the others' level. So the facade is crumbling and psychopath Dennis is more front and center. The show has done a fantastic job of bringing him to this point imo.

I just watched the High School reunion episode.

Dennis's 'fetish' tools... I can see why the actor didn't want to go by his real name on screen. Dennis must be the role of a lifetime.

Hatchtag

Banned
By the way, when did Charlie get over the waitress? Seems like she wasn't in this season at all (or barely).

Dennis tried using her for a moment to boost his rating on a dating site (where it was revealed she has little understanding of the internet). They've already sunk her pretty low over the course of the show. Not quiet Cricket levels, but low. Charlie's not over her as she still seems to get mentioned. I just imagine they have a hard time coming up with episodes for her without retreading things they've already done.

Speaking of side characters, aren't we due for some McPoyles and the lawyer action? I remember them being in one of the preview videos.

gosox333

Man can't believe it's already almost over. These 10 episode seasons are bummer city.

So we better see uncle Jack and the Lawyer tonight. They were in the promo, I'mma be pissed if they aren't in the actual season.

Ekdrm2d1

Man can't believe it's already almost over. These 10 episode seasons are bummer city.

So we better see uncle Jack and the Lawyer tonight. They were in the promo, I'mma be pissed if they aren't in the actual season.

It's worse if you pay for a premium channel and they shrink the episodes. I pay for Cinemax ($10/month) and they're narrowing Banshee's episodes down to 8 next season. That's like, I'm getting ripped off $2/episode

Ekdrm2d1

That routine, something about smack and jerk was hilarious.

Eating paint chips, Charlie saying that's the good paint. lol

Guzim

Hahaha, what the hell at that ending. Does anyone know if season 11 is coming back in September or January?

Ekdrm2d1

I love Sunny..
A funny episode, but for a season finale it was just "OK." Nothing jumped out to be over the top. Or a season-ending story arc.

Hahaha, what the hell at that ending. Does anyone know if season 11 is coming back in September or January?

January maybe. I know their DVD releases are always in September. Hmm?

I watched it twice and the second time was better. Good season. About 2-3 bad episodes. Not as good as season 9 imo.

One of the funniest parts tonight was Mac's mom's response when Charlie asked her if she wanted any of the cola.

Hatchtag

Banned
Is that Dennis's first confirmed kill? It's ambiguous as to if he died, and the gang as a whole has allowed people to be set on fire before, but if that killed him, seems like the first time Dennis killed somebody on-screen to me.

Hahaa I love that turtle <3 Charlie is just so goddamn adorable, even when he's wetting the bed after drinking like THREE GALLONS OF FIGHT MILK

...and people still don't know where to put their feet, l o l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom