• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer: Dreamland - Now Archer's Really a Dick - Season 8 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ym6OU1p.jpg

Season Eight of Archer premieres Wednesday, April 5th at 10pm on FXX. This season resolves the cliffhanger from last season which was revealed that Archer has been in a coma for three months, but finds himself trapped in a 1940s noir-esque setting in Los Angeles called Dreamland. The season will consist of eight episodes. Season 7 is available on Netflix.

Archer is an FXX original animated, half-hour comedy. The new season revolves around the international spy turned hardboiled private eye Sterling Archer and his quest to find his partner’s killer in 1947 Los Angeles.

The case proves to be more difficult than expected after Archer quickly gets mixed up in a deadly game of tug of war between Los Angeles' most powerful crime bosses. Every clue leads Archer further away from his goal and deeper into a mystery involving kidnapping, prostitution and drug addiction.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the incredibly vain private investigator, “Sterling Archer;” Jessica Walter as the veteran crime boss and nightclub owner, “Mother;” Aisha Tyler as the sexy lounge singer and Archer's crush, “Lana Kane;” Judy Greer as the clueless heiress to a vast publishing fortune, “Charlotte Vandertunt;” Chris Parnell as a crooked detective hell-bent on seeing Archer dead or in jail, “Detective Lieutenant Figgis;” Amber Nash as Figgis' partner and occasional muscle, “Detective Sergeant Poovey;” Adam Reed as the saucy band leader, “Ray Gillette;” and Lucky Yates as the club's bartender/heroin dealer/Nazi scientist, “Krieger.”

Cast:

ijSkvrs.png

Links:VidsPoster:

Ourobolus

Banned
So excited. Even when this show has its lulls it's still so damn entertaining, so I'm optimistic for this new season.

Matty77

Can't wait, love when they go experimental. I know some don't like it but it's kept it fresh for me.

Only complaint is it is the second season in a row with less episodes, 6 was 10 and now 8. I need more Archer goodness in my life.

vypek

Can't wait, love when they go experimental. I know some don't like it but it's kept it fresh for me.

Only complaint is it is the second season in a row with less episodes, 6 was 10 and now 8. I need more Archer goodness in my life.

I'm glad it was renewed for multiple seasons but I do wish the seasons were more than 8 episodes.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Only 8? What? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Hopefully this season is good the past few seasons haven't been that great. Helps they have a ending in sight so hopefully that helps.

I always find it funny how H Jon Benjamin is the only thing stopping them from doing a live action version, because everyone else looks like their characters. Still one of my favorite VAs though (who can hate Coach McGirk?)

Very worried, but excited all the same. Vice was a mistake, hope this isn't as well. After last season I really felt this show had run its course.

Need to remember to switch my dvr recording to the new channel.

And yes, they've said this season is Archer's coma dream from the end of last season.

jonno394

Wait, am i misremembering or did season 7 only end with Archer face down in a pool? The show never mentioned a coma did it?

5taquitos

Last season had some of the shortest episodes I've ever seen in a half-hour slot (some in the 17-minute range). Hope they don't keep trending that way.

Wait, am i misremembering or did season 7 only end with Archer face down in a pool? The show never mentioned a coma did it?
Correct. It ends with the cyborg Archer getting shot to pieces, then they cut to Archer floating in the pool. Malory cries and Krieger yells "Wooo! Suck it Alan Turing!" Season ends.

jonno394

Correct. It ends with the cyborg Archer getting shot to pieces, then they cut to Archer floating in the pool. Malory cries and Krieger yells "Wooo! Suck it Alan Turing!" Season ends.

I thought so, just this line in the op confused me, where was it revealed?

"This season resolves the cliffhanger from last season which was revealed that Archer has been in a coma for three months"

5taquitos

"This season resolves the cliffhanger from last season which was revealed that Archer has been in a coma for three months"
I think there was one clip released showing that, maybe Comic-Con or something?

It's the premise of the season. They've revealed it in the description on their website, trailers, etc...

Matty77

I'm glad it was renewed for multiple seasons but I do wish the seasons were more than 8 episodes.

It's been renewed through Season 10, which will probably conclude the series according to Adam Reed. The next three seasons will be eight episodes each.
Yeah it getting three more seasons is great but I still wish it was at least 10 episodes.

At least it has lasted, I was afraid during the first couple of seasons it would get cancelled on a cliffhanger like Frisky Dingo.

Ponn

Banned
How long was he face down in that pool bleeding out? Archer is fucking immortal, they should make a joke out of that.

Musolf815

Can't wait! I'm okay with 8 episodes as Venture Bros. has been doing 8 episode seasons for a while now. I wonder if it's just easier on this kind of animated comedy to do that amount.

Is JG Thirlwell still doing the soundtrack for this season?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to this, but I'm still pissed off about the lack of a season 7 bluray.

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm still pissed off about the lack of a season 7 bluray.
I'm with you on that. Happening a lot lately, and then you just know they'll do a complete series set leaving us with a ton of superfluous discs.

First batch of reviews:

- IndieWire review
“Archer Dreamland” tells an engaging, exciting story with a similar style to past seasons and freshly invigorates its familiar cast of characters by repurposing each modern spy archetype to the film noir era. Grade: B+
- Collider review
Archer: Dreamland feels like just more of the same, and for the first time in the show’s run, that’s not what I’m looking for. 2 out of 4 stars
- Warming Glow review
Through the first few episodes, though, Dreamland remains inventive and weird and pretty much exactly what you think “Archer as a private eye in 1947” would be.
- We Got This Covered review
Great - In - Archer: Dreamland - the eighth season - both the show and story stay fresh and funny by taking us to a 1940's noir setting. 4 out of 5 stars

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nice OT~

Hopefully the new setting and shorter season order will invigorate the show, which I do feel has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom