• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else die laughing during the re-biggening scene? It's not like I didn't know there was a possibility of it happening, but the blood and guts everywhere and the destruction, plus Archer innocently popping up at the end, really got me.

I'm pretty sure that entire scene, including Archer popping out of the sub, is an homage to Sealab 2021.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey all, I don't know if you guys are interested, but the GAF Mafia community is starting up its new season and one of the games that we're hosting is Archer-themed!

The rules are laid on in detail in the thread, but the basic gist is that it's a forum game of an uninformed majority (town) vs a small minority (Mafia). The Town is trying to lynch the mafia players through voting, while the mafia is trying to survive until they outnumber town. There are a bunch of little rules like power roles and whatnot, but it's a lot of fun!

Anyway, we're looking for players, so sign up if you want to play!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080623

EDIT: Side note - there are two other themed games that will be running too, and currently the way we're allocating players is randomly to each game. But last season I played in an Animal Crossing game, not knowing a thing about the series, and it was a blast.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I wonder how they'll address it in the show considering he was missing the entire last season. Maybe the VA was sick?

Red

I wonder how they'll address it in the show considering he was missing the entire last season. Maybe the VA was sick?
Variety said:
George Coe, an actor with extensive credits and a longtime activist in the Screen Actors Guild, died Saturday in Santa Monica, Calif., after battling a long illness. He was 86.
Maybe he was, Switch. Maybe he was.

vypek

:( What a shame.

Damn

Woodhouse killed off in the show now?

They may not kill him off. He might just never come back since he was gone from the last season. Archer may just never find him.

If they remove the character instead of re-casting, there are a few ways they can do it. Kill him off, have him just not come back or maybe even just have Archer talking to a new hire and ignoring Woodhouse's existence. That last one probably has the least chance of happening unless they use it as an avenue for a joke that Woodhouse is still gone.

They might not even address it at all since he was barely talked about in the last season. They don't really talk about the fact that they don't have a new name for their group after they ditched the old one.

vypek

Tom Kane already took over his VA in season 5. I don't know if Coe's untimely death will affect anything.

Oh, you're absolutely right. I looked that up months ago and forgot. Things might stay the same. I guess they'll carry on their regular plans with Woodhouse.

Zubz

Banned
Tom Kane already took over his VA in season 5. I don't know if Coe's untimely death will affect anything.

Huh. I had the voice actor names switched up. That's still sad to hear about Coe, but I guess this means Woodhouse is... Well, as likely to return as he was before. Which is uncertain.
Didn't Adam Reed say he had a perfectly plot-based reason for Woodhouse not to show up, though? Maybe that'll get addressed in this season.

They need to give us the recipe for Eggs Woodhouse so we can make it : (
Also, if he dies on the show, Stinky needs to get the money.

seriously RIP

VohFCOn.jpg

I remember how broken up Adam and MAtt were when Harry Goz passed away. George isn't quite the anchor of the show that Captain Murphy was but I know they are upset.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I remember how broken up Adam and MAtt were when Harry Goz passed away. George isn't quite the anchor of the show that Captain Murphy was but I know they are upset.

It's still so sad watching the remembering Harry Goz featurette on the SeaLab DVDs.

obin_gam

Does there exist recordings of the "Archer Live!" sessions?
Where the cast sits on stage reading an episode in front of an audience.

I've only found 6 minutes of a session. I refuse to believe no one filmed an entire thing.

Grisby

Does there exist recordings of the "Archer Live!" sessions?
Where the cast sits on stage reading an episode in front of an audience.

I've only found 6 minutes of a session. I refuse to believe no one filmed an entire thing.
There was a dvd extra of one of the shows on season...4...or 5. Unsure which. I don't think it was the whole thing either.

Zubz

Banned
Huh. Guess they're serious about this FXX thing. Archer has never been a ratings monster (by any stretch), though. 70/30's legacy endures.

Huh. I always thought Archer was relatively big. Either way, I love the show, but I don't want to pay for the whole channel just for one episode of Archer a week, and for only a few weeks at that.

Red

Huh. I always thought Archer was relatively big. Either way, I love the show, but I don't want to pay for the whole channel just for one episode of Archer a week, and for only a few weeks at that.
You can buy the season on Amazon or iTunes and get episodes as they release. It's like $35 for the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom