• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishopp35

My favorite episode is Lo Escandalo, all the character were involved and we got Krieger being ultra creepy and Malory showing why she is the most despicable (and awesome) character on the show.

I just re-watched Diversity Hire.

SO DAMN GOOD.

"You haven't seen the last of Conway Stern. Which is not my real name"

:(

And no, that little cameo doesn't count :(.

Uga

Sea Tunt is my new favorite, especially with Cheryl/Carol obsessing over the John Williams music...and the callback to Sealab.

tumblr_mksa6kgd8Q1r08o57o4_r1_500.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What is the one where Archer goes on a rampage? I loved that one too.

"Placebo Effect" and it's definitely one of the best episodes.

"Name the douchebag who's in charge."
"Vincent Van Go Fuck Yourself"
"Hmm, Vincent Van Go Fuck Myself. Survey says?" *blows off mobsters knee*

Sterling Archer: What? Wait! So I've been treating my cancer with sugar pills?
Dr. Krieger: Yeah, you didn't think it was weird that your chemo drugs were chewable?
Sterling Archer: No! Little kids get cancer.
Dr. Krieger: [sighs] They do.

Awesome episode.

Majestad

Banned
What's the episode where Archer starts hitting Cyril, and he's like "Wait Archer, is me!", to which Archer replies "I know". That one is amazing too.

Uncle

"I'm gonna assume you know the difference between an M-26 and a Mark Two fragmentation grenade, so..."

BigAT

The Monday move stinks, but at least they didn't move it to FXX though.

Also, "Placebo Effect" AKA "Terms of En-Rampagement" is the best Archer episode.

Sterling: Wow, what a pussy! I could barely even keep up, he was spilling the beans so fast.
Lana: Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dick-hole. Which, again, ick!
Sterling: Well, excuse me, Lana. It's a rampage.

Holy crap...

this is ACTUALLY Aisha Tyler. Archer's back soon! Hooray! Be prepared for a taint-punch of a first episode. If you saw the preview at NYCC, then you know. If you didn't, well then, you'll know in a little while, so don't freak out. Seriously. We're coming. #phrasingboom
HOLY CRAP! Unrelated but curious; does everyone at Ubisoft represent the Lollipop Guild? Also welcome, hope you stick around. Most of us aren't evil.

OK...

That evil.

kirblar

I am so happy to read that. Season 4 had more than a few episodes that felt like they were going through the formulaic motions.

Warming Glow just posted an interview with Matt Thompson regarding all of the changes in Season 5:
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/01/archer-season-5-matt-thompson-interview/

Massive, massive spoilers in there. Season 5 sounds insane/amazing.

HOLY SHITSNACKS.

I mean,
Malory has been getting ISIS involved in some increasingly shady shit for quite a while, so it's not entirely surprising that it would eventually bite her in the ass, but damn. That takes some massive stones.

Burt

Warming Glow Interview
I had thought that those Miami Vice promo posters that were going around we're some sort of Archer-fantasy joke like the Top Gun ones, can't believe they're actually going through with it.

What's a Krieger-San without a lab?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Warming Glow Interview
I had thought that those Miami Vice promo posters that were going around we're some sort of Archer-fantasy joke like the Top Gun ones, can't believe they're actually going through with it.

What's a Krieger-San without a lab?

the new walter white of course

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Holy shit. This is either going to be the watershed moment where years from now people will be mentioning Archer as one of the all-time great comedy shows....or the jumping the shark moment.

I mean, shit. That's a prettttty big risk.

Holy shit. This is either going to be the watershed moment where years from now people will be mentioning Archer as one of the all-time great comedy shows....or the jumping the shark moment.

It is, but I think they can absolutely pull it off.

When you think about it, Adam Reed has been laying the groundwork for something like this for a while now. It's still a huge risk, but it actually seems relatively logical to me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It is, but I think they can absolutely pull it off.

When you think about it, Adam Reed has been laying the groundwork for something like this for a while now. It's still a huge risk, but it actually seems relatively logical to me.

We'll see. I mean, they've been consistently awesome so far and all the great comedies take chances. And it's not like too much is going to change, when you think about it.

We'll see. I mean, they've been consistently awesome so far and all the great comedies take chances. And it's not like too much is going to change, when you think about it.

I guess my biggest worry would be the
Cheryl stuff. I mean, of course she doesn't need to be involved in a drug smuggling ring in order to be a multi-millionaire, but she never needed to work at ISIS, either. She just did it for shits and giggles.

That said, I'm sure it will be sufficiently hilarious. I just hope it's well-integrated into the rest of the show.

Grisby

Just bought my season 4 DVD. Can't wait to go to bed with Archer.
Warming Glow just posted an interview with Matt Thompson regarding all of the changes in Season 5:
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/01/archer-season-5-matt-thompson-interview/

Massive, massive spoilers in there. Season 5 sounds insane/amazing.
Wish I hadn't read this but holy shit does this season sound crazy.

Complete curveball.

I agree. I'm a little hesitant but it could also be a huge new blood vein for the show.

someday

Banned
I read the spoilers even though I haven't seen season 4 yet (soon!) but I'm still ok with it. I think it'll still be the funny as shit Archer. The characters are what makes this show funny.

I read the S5 spoilers back around NYCC, and I'm surprised that they're just telling everyone about the set up this early. In any case, a major shakeup isn't the worst thing to have happen to a show after a long stretch. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

The new thread will be up in an hour or two.

I swear to God I'm not kissing Aisha's ass here, but I really think Lana's arc is going to be particularly interesting this season.

I think Lana has always been the most morally upstanding member of ISIS - an assessment with which I'm sure she'd certainly agree - so it should be interesting to see her trying to justify her involvement in a drug cartel, especially to herself.

And all this while pregnant. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom