• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
You can buy the season on Amazon or iTunes and get episodes as they release. It's like $35 for the whole season.

I already went that route for Steven Universe; I didn't know Amazon did that for Archer, too!

Still, that Cassius & Clay show looked neat, too. But unlike Archer, I haven't seen 6 seasons prior to know I'm willing to drop $35 on an entire season. Hopefully FX will preview it, or something.

Zubz

Banned
So I'm rewatching Season 5 thanks to the Archer Mafia game going on right now. I thought I'd like it more on a rewatch, seeing how it's its own self-contained story that I can now just binge on Netflix, and I know Season 6 already came out and fixed most of its problems, but it actually feels worse.

Pam's cocaine addiction ruining everything is more annoying the second time, but the whole Cherlyne sub-plot feels poorly paced/tacked-on now, too. It kind of sucks, because I really liked the whole premise of it being a complete change of pace from the prior seasons; it could have easily been refreshing. Its execution just felt weak, with a lot of characters feeling superfluous. It's like the whole plot could've been done without anyone but Mallory, Archer, and, near the ending, Cyril and Cheryl. Obviously Lana was needed for the finale, but she could easily have been elsewhere until then and not have changed the story too much.

Ultimately, it just felt like a regular season with a few overarching plots here and there; it felt like they didn't cover any new territory at all.

Archer Vice is the worst season with the absolute best concept. It's not terrible, but the missed potential brings the whole thing down.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Archer Vice is the best season of Archer...

When it aired I thought it was bad but then I binged watched the whole thing on Netflix and it became a whole lot better. Mostly because for example the payoff 2 episodes later for a joke didn't take 2 weeks to happen. I'm now put Archer Vice it in the Heart of Archness category of being like a Archer miniseries.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FX is now airing promos that say Archer won't be returning until April.

Dan

We'll just have to wait and see if a) FX wants more, and b) Adam Reed and company want to continue. Which also reminded me, I bet the delay has to do with Reed also getting Cassius and Clay up to speed, which was said to be getting paired with Archer back when that series order was announced.

I would suspect that if Reed and them aren't stretched too thin, we'll see Archer continue.

Edit: Although geez, back when that Cassius and Clay pickup was announced, they said both shows would be heading to FXX. I just checked the new promo again, it just says FX, so who knows what's going on.

vypek

Doesn't the move to FXX hurt ratings? I thought that was what happened to Sunny.

I saw the promo last night when watching The League series finale. I'm a little disappointed its moved back like a whole "season slot" by going in April. Was hoping to see it back soon. I know its been going for quite some time now but I really don't want season 7 to be the end.

Dan

Doesn't the move to FXX hurt ratings? I thought that was what happened to Sunny.
To a degree, yes, but of course the expectations change as well considering the ongoing efforts to establish FXX.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That is weird. I could have sworn they moved it over to the FXX website in preparation for the switch but it's back on the FX website now.

Per Deadline, FX(X) has opted to not move forward with their new animated series 'Cassius and Clay'.

In August, the pilot was picked up to series with a 10-episode order for comedy-centric FXX, where it was to be paired with the seventh season of Archer.

That is no longer the plan. There had been talk that Cassius And Clay might be redeveloped. In the end, the FX brass decided not to go with the series. No additional episodes were produced beyond the pilot.

I'm guessing this is why Archer was moved back to FX.

vypek

I saw "opted not to move forward" and thought Archer was being cancelled. Still feels odd to not have the show coming back in a week or two.

Zubz

Banned
I actually never gave Chozen a shot, but I hated Unsupervised. It really pissed me off when [adult swim] reran that show on it's "Relatively Prime Time" slot (11:30 PM on Sunday) when new episodes of Black Dynamite were doomed to air on Saturday nights at 10 PM. I mean, I never liked Unsupervised, but now I'm doubly bitter.

As for Archer, I'd be fine with S7 being the end of the series because I don't think it can really stay as fresh as it is for too much longer, but the show's still fantastic, so it's good either way. That just sucks about Cassius & Clay, though; I liked the concept. But at least Archer's still on a channel I get, so I won't have to buy a season pass off of Amazon now!

vypek

Love these:

- Archer - P.I. (Archer shot by shot remake of the Magnum P.I. opening credits)

This is incredible. What an awesome trailer.

Wait...at first glance I thought this was just a video like the danger zone video. But this must be the premise of season 7, right? Since Archer mentioned he had an idea about how to make money. Is this his idea pitch?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This is incredible. What an awesome trailer.

Wait...at first glance I thought this was just a video like the danger zone video. But this must be the premise of season 7, right? Since Archer mentioned he had an idea about how to make money. Is this his idea pitch?

i dont think archer is going for a magnum theme. it would be dope, but this just looks like archer dicking around like with his gator 2 trailer

Someone have a mirror?
Exl4TWX.gif

I haven't seen one. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

vypek

Love the premise of this season

and that "phrasing" appears to be making a return

I feel like I am hearing Patton Oswalt in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom